Kelly to Ohio st

HurricaneNick

11 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

You must’ve never been to Westwood. One of the wealthiest, cleanest, and safest places in the country. 75 degrees year round and no snow. I guess that isn’t for everybody though. 

I hate the little snow we get in Alabama.  I have been to LA twice both for Alabama games. Had aunt who lived in Ojai. I loved the area had a blast. I love Vegas to but would not wanna live there.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Sounds like great place for a college football player to live. UCLA has not been able to use it as a recruiting tool for top players. California schools had such bad leadership sports wise for so long it destroyed the pac 10.  

You are painting with a broad brush based on football. UCLA, USC and Stanford have won more NCAA championships is combined sports than any other school. There is a reason why the Pac10 is called the ‘conference of championships.’ It’s just football, with the exception of USC, where Cali teams have sucked. Although I am a huge fan of David Shaw. What he was able to do at Stanford is impressive when you consider they don’t make concessions for athletes when it comes to academic admissions.

9 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

You are painting with a broad brush based on football. UCLA, USC and Stanford have won more NCAA championships is combined sports than any other school. There is a reason why the Pac10 is called the ‘conference of championships.’ It’s just football, with the exception of USC, where Cali teams have sucked. Although I am a huge fan of David Shaw. What he was able to do at Stanford is impressive when you consider they don’t make concessions for athletes when it comes to academic admissions.

Cal,ND,UCLA,GT,UNC,Duke,Stanford,Vandy and the U are all hard to get into... 

Duke is currently at 22% 

Miami at 30% 

Georgia Tech at 13% 

ND at 17% 

UNC at 25% 

2 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

All those non revenue sports championships that football and basketball carried in the end did not make a difference for the pac 10.  How many boosters donate big money for synchronized swimming, water polo etc. Academic greatness did not matter in the end sports wise. Just sad those academic people were not smart enough to keep the conference going. Stanford being forced to the ACC was terrible planning by the "smart brain trust of the school" .  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Cal,ND,UCLA,GT,UNC,Duke,Stanford,Vandy and the U are all hard to get into... 

Duke is currently at 22% 

Miami at 30% 

Georgia Tech at 13% 

ND at 17% 

UNC at 25% 

At UNC the basketball players got credit for classes they did not even sign up for. Notre Dame forfeited games over academic fraud because football players did not attend classes and got passing grades. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

At UNC the basketball players got credit for classes they did not even sign up for. Notre Dame forfeited games over academic fraud because football players did not attend classes and got passing grades. 

Ill be honest I consider the ACC more of an Academic conference than the Pac-12...

While true the Cali schools carry in terms of academics (And Washington) . 

Heres the Acceptance rates of the non-Cali schools last I checked: 

Washington-44% 

Wazzu-85% 

Oregon-71% 

ORST-82% 

Colorado-80% 

Utah-73% 

Arizona-79% 

AZST-91% 

The highest accepting pac-12 Cali school was USC at 19%

4 hours ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Notre Dame forfeited games over academic fraud because football players did not attend classes and got passing grades. 

That absolutely did not happen. No staff member has ever been involved in anything like that.

A couple players had a classmate who worked as a student trainer complete coursework for them. ND takes their honor code and academics seriously, obviously, and they threw the book at everyone involved, athlete or not - something like 6-8 students in total. Nobody from the academic side of things, and only students involved… and they had to vacate all 2012-13 wins. Ludicrous. But again, no, Notre Dame never had a scandal involving members of its faculty passing players who didn’t show up to class. They have the opposite problem.