Breaking: Houston North Shore Busted For Recruiting Violations

RedZone

20 hours ago, Ararar said:

I really hope school districts will abolish the you live here you have to go there rules.I really never understood the reasoning.

Money... 

Atleast in Georgia the more kids attend a certain school the more taxpayer dollars go to that school for funding/paying teachers,coaches,etc... 

Obviously the larger a school the larger the funding needed... 

Now sometimes this isn't always true... 

Example here in GA: 

Buford and Carrollton are both 7A(Now 6A) schools... but Buford has a 3A/4A enrollment... the community of Buford is rich but most of Bufords student body does not reside in Buford and thise pisses off the GHSA because Bufords boundaries have existed before the GHSA (Open Boundary school) same for Carrollton.... 

So naturally both of these schools bring in M O N E Y... 

Bufords HC makes 170K...

Carrolltons HC makes 230K... 

Both schools have the same system in place. 

45 minutes ago, Norcalnut said:

Didn’t Flower Mound defeat Barbe (who also lost to another Texas team this year)? Shit flows both ways, doesn’t it.

Sure.

Only Flower Mound was Preseason #5 nationally and #1 TX.

Barbe, not so much this year especially down 3 of their starters/studs.

It's cool..... I don't expect anyone to be impressed with Sulphur run-ruling Flower Mound this past weekend.

That's obviously for the advanced baseball fans.

48 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Money... 

Atleast in Georgia the more kids attend a certain school the more taxpayer dollars go to that school for funding/paying teachers,coaches,etc... 

Obviously the larger a school the larger the funding needed... 

Now sometimes this isn't always true... 

Example here in GA: 

Buford and Carrollton are both 7A(Now 6A) schools... but Buford has a 3A/4A enrollment... the community of Buford is rich but most of Bufords student body does not reside in Buford and thise pisses off the GHSA because Bufords boundaries have existed before the GHSA (Open Boundary school) same for Carrollton.... 

So naturally both of these schools bring in M O N E Y... 

Bufords HC makes 170K...

Carrolltons HC makes 230K... 

Both schools have the same system in place. 

Not sure that matters when we are talking kids who play sports.The amount that transfer isn’t significantly affecting schools population 

7 hours ago, RedZone said:

Verdict: slap on the wrist, not even a real slap.

What are the consequences in Texas?  Is the punishment on the coach, the school, or the students?  The four Houston kids that were recruited to play in Ohio next season will probably be ruled ineligible here.  Maybe they can enroll at North Shore.

2 hours ago, RedZone said:

Sure.

Only Flower Mound was Preseason #5 nationally and #1 TX.

Barbe, not so much this year especially down 3 of their starters/studs.

It's cool..... I don't expect anyone to be impressed with Sulphur run-ruling Flower Mound this past weekend.

That's obviously for the advanced baseball fans.

Barbe preseason #17 national and #2 LA. So it does appear that they suck.

2 hours ago, Norcalnut said:

Barbe preseason #17 national and #2 LA. So it does appear that they suck.

Nationally ranked teams beat Nationally ranked teams. Someone has to win the damn game. It doesn't make either one good or bad. If Barbe had their entire team intact I'm putting my money on Barbe every time. 

...#5 Preseason Flower Mound, TX was run-ruled (game stopped) by the Preseason #13 team in Louisiana. That's a football running clock.

Thanks again for being an idiot.

Anyways, it doesn't really matter. North Shore has still never played an out-of-state football team and they got a little slap on the wrist. Much to do about nothing. I don't even know why articles were written on it.