Summer concerts...

DBP66

8 hours ago, DBP66 said:

James Taylor in June and just got tickets to see Deep Purple and YES in Sept. at Bethel Woods (original site of Woodstock)....can't wait! 

If presented with the same choices:

Would skip James Taylor or any of the feel good soft rock folksy edge less type from that era. 

Deep Purple, would hope that they had some senility onset and could only remember how to play highway star, burn, and space truckin.

Similar deal for yes, would prefer to chill out to the entire Relayer album and maybe half The Yes Album. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, On2whls said:

If presented with the same choices:

Would skip James Taylor or any of the feel good soft rock folksy edge less type from that era. 

Deep Purple, would hope that they had some senility onset and could only remember how to play highway star, burn, and space truckin.

Similar deal for yes, would prefer to chill out to the entire Relayer album and maybe half The Yes Album. 

I'm biting the bullet for James Taylor...My wife and sister-in law wanted to go so there I am....Santanna and Lynyrd Skynyrd are also playing there this summer...I'll probably be going to see both of them too. YES is my favorite band and I've seen them many times. This version has Steve Howe and no Jon Anderson. The Yes album is great and I love Close to the Edge and Fragile. I love prog rock.

I'm psyched for them and I've seen Deep Purple there before and they didn't disappoint. It should be a good show. Bethel Woods is a great place to see a concert. You should look into going checking it out one day...it's a very cool place and they have a cool museum there.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DBP66 said:

I'm biting the bullet for James Taylor...My wife and sister-in law wanted to go so there I am....Santanna and Lynyrd Skynyrd are also playing there this summer...I'll probably be going to see both of them too. YES is my favorite band and I've seen them many times. This version has Steve Howe and no Jon Anderson. The Yes album is great and I love Close to the Edge and Fragile. I love prog rock.

I'm psyched for them and I've seen Deep Purple there before and they didn't disappoint. It should be a good show. Bethel Woods is a great place to see a concert. You should look into going checking it out one day...it's a very cool place and they have a cool museum there.

Sounds cool.  Saw The Allman Bros once at Foxwood.  Never forget the day since I looked at my watch on the way down and saw it was 12:34 5/6/78.  That number sequence won't happen again in my lifetime.  I doubt there was a single person in attendance that wasn't significantly altered including the band.  They played for over two hours and managed only 4 songs.  
Last big show I've been to was 5yesrs ago, The Cure at Hollywood Bowl.  They were amazing and sounded just like they did in the nineties.  Had a very lame celebrity sighting Ron Jeremy lol. Tried to explain him to my daughter but had to tread carefully in that one. A little earlier I saw New Order and The Offspring, both of who were good still but showed significant signs of age. Well, I also brought my girls to see an LA Band called Grouplove who are a bit aloof but a blast to watch.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, DBP66 said:

James Taylor in June and just got tickets to see Deep Purple and YES in Sept. at Bethel Woods (original site of Woodstock)....can't wait! 

JT is the man!

You should really take a trip to the NOLA Jazz Fest (it's a huge huge event)....... kicks off at the end of April and ends first weekend in May. Don't let the "Jazz" throw you off. It's a Rock and Roll show if you want it to be (many options)....and some Jazz and Blues, of course.

Anybody that was ever somebody has played the Fest.

The Rolling Stones headline this year's event, but my man Neil Young is back in town and will perform again. I think this is his 4th time. 

Too many performance for me to list and you've probably heard of every one of them.

I've seen Neil Young back in his somewhat younger days, but I haven't seen him at the Fest. All these aging guys/bands that get out and jam have to be applauded. Of course some of them really need to hang it up. 😂

Neil still got it though!...2009 NOLA Jazz Fest.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RedZone said:

JT is the man!

You should really take a trip to the NOLA Jazz Fest (it's a huge huge event)....... kicks off at the end of April and ends first weekend in May. Don't let the "Jazz" throw you off. It's a Rock and Roll show if you want it to be (many options)....and some Jazz and Blues, of course.

The Rolling Stones headline this year's event, but my man Neil Young is back in town and will perform again. I think this is his 4th time. 

Too many performance for me to list and you've probably heard of every one of them.

I've seen Neil Young back in his somewhat younger days, but I haven't seen him at the Fest. All these aging guys/bands that get out and jam have to be applauded. Of course some of them really need to hang it up. 😂

Note: in 2009 James Taylor and Neil Young were both at the NOLA Fest.

The crowds are always huge for these guys and similar. Lots of people just want to feel good. 😁

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RedZone said:

What if I want to feel good? 

I don't understand this at all. 

JT is a legend.

Just never could appreciate the guy, but did appreciate Gordon Lightfoot.  There are a number of "legends" I couldn't care for.  The Boss, The Eagles, Bob Seger, Jackson Brown, Rush.  Liked Neil Young but not Neil Old. 

• Like 1

I know why the mAga morons hate James Taylor. The hate is strong with these morons. 

James Taylor on Donald Trump: ‘This Guy Isn’t Hitler. He’s Mussolini’

And, James will be performing at Joe Biden's election victory celebration later this year. 

#stopthehate

5 minutes ago, RedZone said:

I know why the mAga morons hate James Taylor. The hate is strong with these morons. 

James Taylor on Donald Trump: ‘This Guy Isn’t Hitler. He’s Mussolini’

And, James will be performing at Joe Biden's election victory celebration later this year. 

#stopthehate

Actually I didn't know any of that, but it isn't relative to my point. He sings so slowly that he puts me to sleep.

Look at the "Handy Man" song. Taylor takes 3:19 to sing a song that Jimmy Jones sings in 2:08. Zzzzz snxxx Zzzzz.

6 minutes ago, Slotback Right said:

Actually I didn't know any of that, but it isn't relative to my point. He sings so slowly that he puts me to sleep.

Look at the "Handy Man" song. Taylor takes 3:19 to sing a song that Jimmy Jones sings in 2:08. Zzzzz snxxx Zzzzz.

Sure! 

mAga will always find something to base their hate on...... whatever they're hating on that particular day.

James Taylor's body of work is much more than a Handy Man cover that evidently ran a few seconds longer. 🤣

#stopthehateman

19 hours ago, RedZone said:

JT is the man!

That's defiantly on my bucket list...I just need to make it happen! The older I get the more I love jazz. I just found a guy on You-tube who played at the Eric Clapton "Crossroads" concert series...Kurt Rosenwinkler...This guy blows me away! He's awesome and I got to see him a few months ago at a small setting close to where I live and he BLEW ME AWAY...check him out on You-tube!

8 hours ago, On2whls said:

Just never could appreciate the guy, but did appreciate Gordon Lightfoot.  There are a number of "legends" I couldn't care for.  The Boss, The Eagles, Bob Seger, Jackson Brown, Rush.  Liked Neil Young but not Neil Old. 

LOL..I'm with you on The Boss...I grew up in NY but went to HS in N.J. and those guys worshiped him!?...he's very popular in the tri-state area...never did anything for me....😉

47 minutes ago, DBP66 said:

LOL..I'm with you on The Boss...I grew up in NY but went to HS in N.J. and those guys worshiped him!?...he's very popular in the tri-state area...never did anything for me....😉

As all American as he was, and how NJ area idolized him he was a freak in HS.  Loner, teachers told other students to stay away from him….go figure!

Tunnel of Love is a favorite….very Joisey!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DBP66 said:

LOL..I'm with you on The Boss.

Bruce played the NOLA Jazz Fest in 2006 after Hurricane Katrina (2005) and helped the City heal...... something about him is kind of inspirational. He will always get a thumbs up from me. Bruce is just one of those type guys There aren't many.

He's played the NOLA Jazz Fest 3 or 4 times. One thing for certain he's always going to have a great band with him.

2006 after Katrina 👇

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DBP66 said:

That's defiantly on my bucket list

You should make it a reality. ... you ain't getting any younger. You definitely don't want to make that trip in a wheelchair. 😂

... 15 stages, 7 days/nights. 

Be warned the crowds are massive and the food/tickets aren't as cheap as they once were.

• Like 1

On 4/14/2024 at 9:34 AM, RedZone said:

You should make it a reality. ... you ain't getting any younger. You definitely don't want to make that trip in a wheelchair. 😂

... 15 stages, 7 days/nights. 

Be warned the crowds are massive and the food/tickets aren't as cheap as they once were.

It's too hot down there to be in a wheelchair!...LOL...sounds like an awesome festival...I just got to sell it to the Mrs..

On 4/14/2024 at 4:07 AM, RedZone said:

The hate is strong

Here's the funny thing.  Nobody said they "hated" James Taylor.  YOU brought up the word.  It's not surprising though, since you singularly profess hatred towards individuals, concepts etc more than anyone else on this forum.  Your feelings of hate are likely rooted in self loathing.  It's not uncommon for people afflicted in such a manner, to project their hatefulness on others, so that you feel a sense of normality. 
The more you hate, the more you feel great.😉

• Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, On2whls said:

Here's the funny thing.  Nobody said they "hated" James Taylor.  YOU brought up the word.  It's not surprising though, since you singularly profess hatred towards individuals, concepts etc more than anyone else on this forum.  Your feelings of hate are likely rooted in self loathing.  It's not uncommon for people afflicted in such a manner, to project their hatefulness on others, so that you feel a sense of normality. 
The more you hate, the more you feel great.😉

💯🫡