Texas Playoffs Rd #3 by Area

DevilDog

Mansfield (11-1) vs. Waco Midway (12-0), 7 p.m. Friday at Baylor's McLane Stadium in Waco (6A) DIV II

this here will be a good game.  I watched midway for the first time vs Byron Nelson and this team has a very talented and explosive offense.  They were clicking on that day; they score and with many playmakers!   They are an underrated threat.

QB mordecai 6'2 215 committed to OU

TE Priebe 6'6 220 committed to SMU

OL Leviston 6'5 290 committed to K state

OL White 6'3 285 committed to TX Tech

OL Carroll 6'3 305 committed to N TX

RB Jams Fullbright-1400 yards rushing 5'8 190 JR

WR William-1200 yards

WR Thomas -600 yards

WR degrate-600 yards

all have speed, can take it to the house

53 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Yo wtf? 

Are they all related or something? 

Yes they all look like this every damn playoffs and I have see a few teams from other States Copy the Sneaky Blondes.  It's their Tradition to go bleach blond in the playoffs and since the Goobers from MobileHoma have played them the last few years they copied their big city Cousins too. 

2 hours ago, Horsefly said:

Collins is one of my favs to win it all.  I think they run it down LVs throat and wear them down....10 pt win.

I know you're big on them. But damn sometime in our lifetimes the Lobo's have to get over the Hump and I think they have slid under the radar.  I think losing to Horn and not winning district for the 1 billion time in a row was a wake up call for them.  And hell Beast Texas is due for some Big Boy comeuppance.  I am howling in the wind and picking them in the upset of 6A this year.  Now I did pick Jesuit to upset them last week. 9_9

• Like 1

I am still trying to figure out what the hell are they drinking in Mansfield.  Those kids are balling.  Need to bring that water too McKinney with our new Stadium.  I think that in the very near future McKinney HS Football will be the new force in Collin County.  3rd fasting growing city in the U.S. Trailing only Conroe & Frisco, Tx right next door.  And we see how Frisco has benefitted from this  

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/demographics/2017/05/25/texas-suburbs-dominate-list-nations-fastest-growing-cities

<br>

Horsefly just a few snipets of the Gilmer vs. Melissa war of words on the old Beast Texas site Smoaky:  Funny stuff

Gilmer Fans quotes

"Man y’all sound like a bunch chumps the caddo Mills games is over why is Mellisa talking about it just worry about us punching y’all in the mouth"

Yes and it's pretty amazing to see how much bigger they have gotten. I'll have to say Melissa has a great off season program. 

Must be steroids...Mark McGwire and Barry Bonds got hired on the coaching staff there last May. Buckeye Response

And my personal favorite Buckeye Response:  Hard for me to take a team named Melissa seriously. Anna either for that matter. :D

Melissa fan:

I am so ready for the Melissa vs Gilmer game. It is game of the WEEK. I am sorry but Melissa is a better stronger team than years past. A COMPLETELY different team. Has anyone seen their OLINE? Did you see How many rushing yards they had on Rusk? Over 500 Or 600. Gilmer better come prepared for a fight. This will not be an easy game like some of you think. Also, the fact of the matter is if Gilmer was soooo good why did they lose 2 games? So how good are they really this year? Let’s look at the rankings. What about the stats? Melissa is ranked higher. Men lie. Women lie but NUMBERS never lie!! Gilmer’s reign will soon be over. I know that’s hard to accept. But hey, let’s just all remain calm and see what happens Friday!

Buckeye Response:  Both the teams Gilmer lost to would smack y'all around. Gilmer was the closest game PG has had and there 12-0 and there's Carthage last years defending 4aD1 and favorite to win this year. Also rankings don't mean anything in 2003 Gilmer was ranked a few places above ATL but that ranking didn't help. You can't go by stats because difference in opponents y'all have a weaker schedule. Trade Carthage and PG with 2 other teams from yalls schedule and Gilmer would be undefeated and y'all would have 2 losses. Should be a good game if Melissa is as good as they say.

"By the way there are some really great Gilmer fans that have been around a long time on here who are humble and support the Buckeyes without being arrogant. Some of you should take notice and learn. "

Buckeye Response:  Name Three

Dammit it's on and I will be there.

•  

2 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Horsefly just a few snipets of the Gilmer vs. Melissa war of words on the old Beast Texas site Smoaky:  Funny stuff

Gilmer Fans quotes

"Man y’all sound like a bunch chumps the caddo Mills games is over why is Mellisa talking about it just worry about us punching y’all in the mouth"

Yes and it's pretty amazing to see how much bigger they have gotten. I'll have to say Melissa has a great off season program. 

Must be steroids...Mark McGwire and Barry Bonds got hired on the coaching staff there last May. Buckeye Response

And my personal favorite Buckeye Response:  Hard for me to take a team named Melissa seriously. Anna either for that matter. :D

Melissa fan:

I am so ready for the Melissa vs Gilmer game. It is game of the WEEK. I am sorry but Melissa is a better stronger team than years past. A COMPLETELY different team. Has anyone seen their OLINE? Did you see How many rushing yards they had on Rusk? Over 500 Or 600. Gilmer better come prepared for a fight. This will not be an easy game like some of you think. Also, the fact of the matter is if Gilmer was soooo good why did they lose 2 games? So how good are they really this year? Let’s look at the rankings. What about the stats? Melissa is ranked higher. Men lie. Women lie but NUMBERS never lie!! Gilmer’s reign will soon be over. I know that’s hard to accept. But hey, let’s just all remain calm and see what happens Friday!

Buckeye Response:  Both the teams Gilmer lost to would smack y'all around. Gilmer was the closest game PG has had and there 12-0 and there's Carthage last years defending 4aD1 and favorite to win this year. Also rankings don't mean anything in 2003 Gilmer was ranked a few places above ATL but that ranking didn't help. You can't go by stats because difference in opponents y'all have a weaker schedule. Trade Carthage and PG with 2 other teams from yalls schedule and Gilmer would be undefeated and y'all would have 2 losses. Should be a good game if Melissa is as good as they say.

"By the way there are some really great Gilmer fans that have been around a long time on here who are humble and support the Buckeyes without being arrogant. Some of you should take notice and learn. "

Buckeye Response:  Name Three

Dammit it's on and I will be there.

•  

Haha!  Good stuff, you know it's playoff time when the smack talks begins.  No friends in these battles.  I hope this is one of the games televised on nfhs this weekend.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Haha!  Good stuff, you know it's playoff time when the smack talks begins.  No friends in these battles.  I hope this is one of the games televised on nfhs this weekend.

Melissa has 3 really good backs.  They are gonna try and Maul Gilmer and Gilmer might be without 2 of their receivers Jones and Heath are nicked up.

Gilmer have trouble with physical running teams this year.  Carthage and Gladewater for example.  Melissa could win. But the Buckeyes have won 10 games in 14 of the last 15 seasons.  Winningest team in Texas the last 15 years.  Hard to go against that.

Melissa's backs.  Good size

Jabray Young 5'10 200, Sophmore Brelynn Armstrong 5'9 195 and Sophmore Chance Mapps 5'8 170

Buckeye Fan: "The Beast From the East always gives 'em trouble."

Melissa Fan:  That’s funny.... I don’t ever remember Melissa having to play Carthage.?. :p  Now that's funny:

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

I am still trying to figure out what the hell are they drinking in Mansfield.  Those kids are balling.  Need to bring that water too McKinney with our new Stadium.  I think that in the very near future McKinney HS Football will be the new force in Collin County.  3rd fasting growing city in the U.S. Trailing only Conroe & Frisco, Tx right next door.  And we see how Frisco has benefitted from this  

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/demographics/2017/05/25/texas-suburbs-dominate-list-nations-fastest-growing-cities

<br>

Murfreesboro is nice... 

And they have White Castle... 

4 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

This is why I said earlier 4A is pound for pound the toughest.  The talent is solid.

No doubt.  4A got some serious ballers.  My favorite class this year especially DI.  Melissa will be 5A in a few more years.  All these towns are exploding around me.  Princeton is now 4A D1 and growing, Prosper soon to be 6A.  Hell Lovejoy is a 5A.  Crazy growth most of these were 2A- 4A just 4 years ago.  Yet Celina stays small 4A with a 60 man roster just like they did in 2A - 3A. Wink Wink

23 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

White Castle?  We need to get you down here to Texas and try a whataburger...it's a man sized burger. (As far as franchised burgers it's pretty good)

whataburger-triple-triple.jpg

There is 1 Whataburger in the entire state of Georgia. 

And its literaly down the highway from Moultrie in Thomasville and that is far closer to @HawgGoneIt and @CCBlackhatter than it is to me...  

Thomasville is almost 4 1/2 hours away from me... 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

And its literaly down the highway from Moultrie in Thomasville and that is far closer to @HawgGoneIt and @CCBlackhatter than it is to me...  

I love Whataburger! 

We will sometimes load up and drive 37 miles on the weekend to have a burger. When I went to school at Chapel Hill outside of Tyler Tx., we could go a couple of miles into Tyler and pull into one of the old original A-frame Whataburger buildings where carhops would bring your meal out to you like Sonic does. The one in Thomasville doesn't have that, but it does have the spicy ketchup and original Whataburger. 

YUM!

xD

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

I eat Whataburger once per week for lunch. Everything I've had there is great (in terms of fast food of course).

7 minutes ago, Champa said:

I know I'm the only one who cares about this game, but I'd love for Silsbee to upset Carthage.

Kalon Barnes is gonna have to have a monster game for them to stand a chance. We've never beaten Carthage before.

There's actually several folks that follow 4A ball.  Carthage is too much, I'll take them by 21.  Ingram is the best RB in the state running behind a big OL

52 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I love Whataburger! 

We will sometimes load up and drive 37 miles on the weekend to have a burger. When I went to school at Chapel Hill outside of Tyler Tx., we could go a couple of miles into Tyler and pull into one of the old original A-frame Whataburger buildings where carhops would bring your meal out to you like Sonic does. The one in Thomasville doesn't have that, but it does have the spicy ketchup and original Whataburger. 

YUM!

xD

Do they have steakburgers? 

Ive always wanted a steakburger... 

Ive never had one before belive it or not... 

Im actually not a big meat eater... 

Im not a Vegan Hippie or a Vegetarian or a Californian but I dont like eating alot of meat... unless its seafood... 

I love fish,shrimp and crab... 

Double and triple meat burgers arent that appealing to me... unless the meat is thin...