Texas Playoffs Rd #3 by Area

DevilDog

5 hours ago, maxchoboian said:

Looks like someone edited this film by inserting a play of their own. No way ET actually threw a pass, is there?

I'm sure Duncanville was just as shocked as anyone else.

They've been waiting years for the perfect time to do it. Last week was it. No way their opponents could have seen it coming.

Coach Samples was probably at a loss for the rest of the game after it happened.

22 hours ago, Cracker said:

Never seen a Krystals in Texas. Couldn't be any worse than In and Out. That place is revolting.

I see you know about the Steak and Shake off of Eldorado in McKinney and you and I both have been to the same games In Allen by your posts.  Do you live in Collin County and if so have had a Jungle Burger in McKinney?

The Burger costs more than a Whataburger combo and it is only about 1/2 mile from a Whataburger. I only eat a burger about 1 every 2 months. But it is my go to place.  Who the hell in Texas would want a White Castle burger when we have this? The big Kahuna

Photo of Jungle Burger - McKinney, TX, United States. Big Kahuna burger

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

I see you know about the Steak and Shake off of Eldorado in McKinney and you and I both have been to the same games In Allen by your posts.  Do you live in Collin County and if so have had a Jungle Burger in McKinney?

The Burger costs more than a Whataburger combo and it is only about 1/2 mile from a Whataburger. I only eat a burger about 1 every 2 months. But it is my go to place.  Who the hell in Texas would want a White Castle burger when we have this. The big Kahuna

Photo of Jungle Burger - McKinney, TX, United States. Big Kahuna burger

Those are good...

Not as good in Greenville as McKinney...but solid...

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Frosty4024 said:

Those are good...

Not as good in Greenville as McKinney...but solid...

Yes there is one in Greenville but haven't had it.  Did you know that Commerce is one of only 2 teams left that had a losing record coming into the playoffs?

TWO CINDERELLA'S LEFT IN THE PLAYOFFS.

Heading into last weekend, 17 teams that finished the regular season under .500 remained. Just two survived the area round. 

Humble Kingwood (6A Division II) beat Houston Clear Lake this weekend to move to 6-5 on the season (4-5 in regular season). Commerce (3A Division I) is now 6-6 on the season (4-6 in the regular season) after beating Sunnyvale, 20-17. 

If you're looking for an out of area team to root for, Kingwood is an obvious choice. The high school was one of the most badly damaged by Hurricane Harvey and still hasn't reopened. That's scheduled for March according to reports. In the meantime, Kingwood students are attending Summer Creek High School.

Kingwood's team had to borrow equipment early on and started the season on a rough note, going 0-3. Sitting at 2-6 later in the season, Kingwood won back-to-back games to get into the playoffs.

After two more playoff wins, Kingwood is one win away from the regional finals. It plays Houston Langham Creek (10-1) on Saturday

1 hour ago, DevilDog said:

Yes there is one in Greenville but haven't had it.  Did you know that Commerce is one of only 2 teams left that had a losing record coming into the playoffs?

TWO CINDERELLA'S LEFT IN THE PLAYOFFS.

Heading into last weekend, 17 teams that finished the regular season under .500 remained. Just two survived the area round. 

Humble Kingwood (6A Division II) beat Houston Clear Lake this weekend to move to 6-5 on the season (4-5 in regular season). Commerce (3A Division I) is now 6-6 on the season (4-6 in the regular season) after beating Sunnyvale, 20-17. 

If you're looking for an out of area team to root for, Kingwood is an obvious choice. The high school was one of the most badly damaged by Hurricane Harvey and still hasn't reopened. That's scheduled for March according to reports. In the meantime, Kingwood students are attending Summer Creek High School.

Kingwood's team had to borrow equipment early on and started the season on a rough note, going 0-3. Sitting at 2-6 later in the season, Kingwood won back-to-back games to get into the playoffs.

After two more playoff wins, Kingwood is one win away from the regional finals. It plays Houston Langham Creek (10-1) on Saturday

That happens when you start 0-6 lol...

Also helps being in a district with 1-win Grand Saline (Who Commerce needed a last-second stop to beat) and winless Quitman (Which Commerce destroyed...)

All Commerce had to do was pull off 1-upset and they were in...

They got 2...Beat Mineola and Winnsboro (sp)..

2 hours ago, Champa said:

I'm sure Duncanville was just as shocked as anyone else.

They've been waiting years for the perfect time to do it. Last week was it. No way their opponents could have seen it coming.

Coach Samples was probably at a loss for the rest of the game after it happened.

I wouldn't call it a down field passing game...lol. The 2 longest were passes to a FB(70yds) and RB(40yds) that netted long runs. He is the best throwing QB recently and some good WR's. Trinity is still a power running team, make no mistake about that, but that sets up the play action well.

8 hours ago, Frosty4024 said:

There WAS 1 in Carrolton....

There's a reason it's Permanantly closed...

(Supposedly "80" cities in Texas have one...)

Yea theres not 80 cities in TX with steak and shake... 

Or Krystals... 

There is only 1 Krystals I will eat at... 1!!! And its the Krystal's in Fort Valley,GA they are pretty decent. But I dont go out of my way to go there just for Krystals. 

If I pass through(Which I do alot because of I-75) I'll stop by and get 3 cheeseburger sliders. 

But they will never be white castle. 

No one will ever be white castle... 

4 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

I got a question related to TX HSFB though. 

What happened to Skyline and the Plano schools? 

I can't speak for Plano, but after Samples left for Duncanville, Skyline went back to what they were before he got there...not much.   They didn't make the playoffs this year.  This is an ex. Of how important coaching is and having a solid staff. 

10 hours ago, World Citizen said:

Lol. Should have waited a minute before posting.  

In and Out Burger is the California Equivalent of Waffle House... 

Cant turn a corner in Savannah without seeing a damn waffle house... theres atleast 12 here... 

Ive been to both and I hate Both... 

IHOP is better than Waffle House... 

In and out burger is overrated. 

You want a real Burger Joint? 

COOK-OUT!

Cook out is amazing... 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

To simply:

When Samples (HC) left Skyline for Duncanville...that was basically it for Skyline...

Samples was Skyline HS...

As for the Plano schools....Too many high schools due to splits...

Otherwise Plano High would be another Allen...

Now those aren't the only factors...but those are the noticeable ones...

All those Plano schools still have 5,000 + kids at each school. I think they're 2 - 4 in student population right behind Allen. You'd think they'd be able to draw some decent teams with that many kids. That just goes to show you it ain't just student population making Allen good.

It's funny when you consider one of the Plano coaches was crying about Allen and when his school is nearly as big. I think, unlike schools such as Katy, all the good players don't decide to play for one particular school in town. They're all spread apart. That and coaching is what did them in.

9 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Firefly hit the nail on the head. Coaching, coaching, coaching..... Samples has proven to be a winner and leader of men wherever he goes. Plano East and West(with Jamabo/Jeffcoat) have had some decent teams in the past. Just need the right coach and fit.

DMN Predictions of this weekend Metroplex teams.  The big two Allen vs. Martin and SLC vs. Arlington. Plus we have the Metro vs West Texas game out in Abilene with ET vs. Midland Lee

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/high-school/high-schools/2017/11/28/predictions-previews-regional-semifinals-playoff-matchups-will-squad-survive-another-weeks. West Texas game out in Abilene with ET vs. Mids Lee:

Here is a preview and Prediction of the Allen game:  This should be a good one and Allen's toughest test.

Where: Southlake's Dragon Stadium (7:30 p.m. Friday)

Notes: Three years ago, these teams had a wild playoff matchup that Allen survived 69-54. This 6A Division I matchup should be far lower scoring, but it might be just as intense. Allen (12-0), which finished the regular season No. 1 in the state rankings, was tied with South Grand Prairie in the fourth quarter last week before pulling away for a 28-14 win. Martin (11-1) wiped out its first two playoff opponents, Keller and Odessa Permian, by a combined score of 103-10. Each team boasts a strong rushing attack that wears on opponents and often leads to big plays in the fourth quarter. The final 12 minutes could be worth the price of admission.

Wixon's pick: Allen 27, Arlington Martin 21

6 hours ago, Champa said:

All those Plano schools still have 5,000 + kids at each school. I think they're 2 - 4 in student population right behind Allen. You'd think they'd be able to draw some decent teams with that many kids. That just goes to show you is ain't just student population making Allen good.

It's funny when you consider one of the Plano coaches was crying about Allen and when his school is nearly as big. I think, unlike schools such as Katy, all the good players don't decide to play for one particular school in town. They're all spread apart. That and coaching is what did them in.

WTF are you talking about?  If you live in an area zoned to Katy, you attend Katy.  If you don't, you don't.  You don't get to pick which school you attend in KISD.