STA

TheRealCAJ

33 minutes ago, Warrior said:

...yeah below my pay grade seeing the writing on the wall....plus playmakers everywhere a running game and an above avg high school O line.  The problem is definitely not the offense coaching staff. 

Who is the offensive coordinator?

STA has had 3 offensive line coaches in the last 8 months. Can you name one of them? And do you know why the middle of the 3 coaches was fired?

13 minutes ago, Guccifer said:

Who is the offensive coordinator?

STA has had 3 offensive line coaches in the last 8 months. Can you name one of them? And do you know why the middle of the 3 coaches was fired?

Poor coaching is why STA squanders talent.  One of the very few top private school football programs that don't have their act together.  The STA football teams gets by (barely these days, but not good enough to be a National team) on the fumes of top football athlete transfers

3 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

One of the very few top private school football programs that don't have their act together. 

I'd say that no private has their act together as much as STA.

• Smith has been there for 45 years.
  • The school has earned more college scholarships for their players than any other school (for decades running)
  • The school has had more NFL players than any other school (for 7 straight years)
  • The school has a football alumni network that's as connected as any.
  • Any time a thread like this is started (announcing the demise and/or poor performance of the program) the school has bounced back to the point where people (even clowns like sammyswordsman) expect them to win every championship, put 20+ kids into college and once again lead the NFL in alumni.

In the meantime, sammy will shop himself this off-season for his next team of the moment.

40 minutes ago, Guccifer said:

Well, if you're allowed to just make things up then you're liable to claim anything you want.

2017-12-07_15-36-22.png

Jake was first team all-state and was 62% with 31 TD's.

I said it last year and I'll say it again.

If you think he was bad (or even mediocre) then you don't know what you're talking about.

This season the quarterbacking at STA was bad and/or mediocre.

If Jake was the QB this year then STA would be preparing to win another championship and you clowns would be grinding your teeth.

Maxpreps has him at 60% comp his Sr and for his career at STA with weapons everywhere. His Sr year against the 2 best D's he faced BTW and BG he was 38% Comp in both games. Allen and STA #1 should never be 60% for a season and 38% against anyone. He did play well against the team from UT but most of his stats where built on BS HS defenses when coaching matters. 

22 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

As long as you have been with STA,have you attempted to coach or flat out asked Smith for a  bigger roll in coaching ??? How long have you been there and do they how much of a homer you are,in a positive way....

That's an easy answer.  Los is affiliated with the offense and conditioning.   Both start bad and get worse as the season goes on.

As bad as STA was this year they were in everyone of their games.   A couple plays here or there and they could have won the games they lost, and you could say the same with their win vs SJB.   A couple bounces here or there and SJB might have won.   There just aren't teams that are going to win all their games in the big states every year.  Just won't happen.  

58 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Poor coaching is why STA squanders talent.  One of the very few top private school football programs that don't have their act together.  The STA football teams gets by (barely these days, but not good enough to be a National team) on the fumes of top football athlete transfers

Again, STA beat SJB... this year.  

Let’s not talk about transfers.   That SJB transfer at the top had 11 tackles and 3 sacks vs STA I believe.   I see some “decent” MD transfers in there.  I’ll be adding to this the recruits list for the SJB and MD game.   Gee, if only SJB had the talent vs STA week 1.  :ph34r:

http://www.ocregister.com/2017/07/12/football-notable-transfers-to-watch-in-2017/

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Again, STA beat SJB... this year.  

Let’s not talk about transfers.   That SJB transfer at the top had 11 tackles and 3 sacks vs STA I believe.   I see some “decent” MD transfers in there.  I’ll be adding to this the recruits list for the SJB and MD game.   Gee, if only SJB had the talent vs STA week 1.  :ph34r:

http://www.ocregister.com/2017/07/12/football-notable-transfers-to-watch-in-2017/

Mater Dei has had about 2% of total football transfers over the past 10 years as STA has.  But appreciate your cherry picking

2 hours ago, Guccifer said:

This is disingenuous as usual.

Yes, an overtime game is an effective tie and the overtime period is a tiebreaker. That was true when I said it before and it's true now.

Of course now the lies come for Wosinc.

I've never said it doesn't matter who wins in overtime (lie #1), STA did actually beat SJB (lie #2) and I would never claim that an overtime loss was actually a tie (lie #3).

An overtime game goes into the books as a win or loss.

The evaluation of that game, however, should be viewed as an effective tie.

If the truth is disingenuous, so be it, but Guccifer/LOSer/Carlos Danger/Canes has maintained that a tie game is just that, a tie.  This, of course, when it suits Guccifer’s agenda.

It is disingenuous, one might even say hypocritical,  of Guccifer to now claim otherwise.

One might even call it lying.

Guccifer depends on people not remembering the inconsistent, contradictory drek Guccifer spews.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

It's an odd way of finishing a game, but there has to be a winner.  STA basically Rugby'd one rush close enough in OT to the goal line to get a W.   At least start from the 25 and make a first down not mean a TD!  Starting from the 10 to decide a winner is odd to begin with imo, but SJB had 4 plays to go 10 yards and didn't... so there's that sort of oh to finish this portion.    

I commend hockey for what they do.  Regular season, short 4 on 4 for 5 minutes and if no goals shootout.  Loser gets a point, winner 2.  Fans get some added entertainment.  In playoffs you continue as you started, sudden death... no matter the time it takes, next goal wins.  Soccer should pay attention!  

My pet peeve is "what if they played in Dec or just again" discussions (usually or always OOS related).     

I don’t agree with the system, either.  I’d like to see it played out to a clear winner, but that gets problematic with football, particularly high school kids.

8 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

10-3 is not bad overall but maybe the quality of play was way below par...The shutout killed them,then Venice closed their coffin..

Sure, the offense was just not there.   Defense was, but like all teams that have such poor offense the defense eventually fades.   I'm a gator fan for Christ's sake, no one sees this play out more than me lol!

https://www.foxsports.com/west/story/st-john-bosco-mater-dei-top-recruits-greg-biggins-100717

Steeler care to dissect the transfers here?   I know the 5 star untouchable WR St Brown came from Servite.  

Sammy once in a generation is aided by transfers and marquee ones at that.  Thanks for playing 2017 discussion.  

What does this say about Negro’s staff with all that talent losing to poorly coached STA?  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 954gator said:

Man ya'll overreact so much.  STA had a down year, and now they are a terrible program.   Give it a rest.   They definitely were lacking on the Oline and at QB this year.    They'll be back.  

STA is always on their mind.

Mater Dei couldn't pay people to care as much about them as people do about STA. For free.

1 hour ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Mater Dei has had about 2% of total football transfers over the past 10 years as STA has.

That looks like another bullshit, made up number from sammyswordsman.

Reminds me of when nolebull claimed that STA had "dozens" of upper class 4-star transfers in the last decade and the real number was 8.