STA

TheRealCAJ

1 hour ago, Guccifer said:

Well, Belly Bob posted it this time and he's from California so I guess one Texan and one Californian.

Bottom line is that it's become like coach-speak. It's just repeated without any thought about whether it's true or not.

I'm still waiting for you to show that STA doesn't lose to teams that have less individual talent than they do more frequently than other nationally relevant teams.

One would think that you'd be able to do that by page 10, especially in light of the rate at which you post. 

2 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

I'm still waiting for you to show that STA doesn't lose to teams that have less individual talent than they do more frequently than other nationally relevant teams.

I've already said that I don't think the question is fair because of the perception of what talent is and how much STA is perceived to have.

Again, I think California homers have a specific obsession with this question and I think they lead the pack on perpetuating the misconception.

1 minute ago, Guccifer said:

I've already said that I don't think the question is fair because of the perception of what talent is and how much STA is perceived to have.

Again, I think California homers have a specific obsession with this question and I think they lead the pack on perpetuating the misconception.

Then show us what individual talent is and show us that STA hasn't had more of whatever that is than the teams they've lost to. 

1 minute ago, Guccifer said:

It's so like you to blame someone or something for what a 3rd party perceives them to be.

Super silly to do that but that's who you are.

Next year please tell us all where STA should be ranked Preseason......so we know.

You want the glory when STA wins a MNC, but you don't do 3 losses very well.

xD

2 minutes ago, TheRealCAJ said:

You want the glory when STA wins a MNC, but you don't do 3 losses very well.

Huh?

Yeah, when they win the MNC they're usually the best team.

When they lose 3 games they're not.

Nothing you say ever makes sense or resides in the same universe as your previous statements.

12 minutes ago, Guccifer said:

I can't discuss reasons for things because they're blasted as excuses by the resident fanboys.

Losing one's quarterback/quarterback inexperience is tough but that wasn't what Belly asked for.

16 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

Then show us what individual talent is and show us that STA hasn't had more of whatever that is than the teams they've lost to. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

[...]

A talent squandering team sitting home for the championship game in Florida beat SJB. 

Let's let this sink in as we point our fingers and laugh at the tiers and rest of the crappy polls. 

SJB was the better team when they played. They had more than twice the total offense and missed two FGs. What do you think the chances are that they would miss two FGs in a rematch?

And now SJB is better than they were.

Re'll played 6 games and threw 6 TDs and 7 INTs for a QBR of 87.

DJ has played 11 games has thrown 29 TDs and 2 INTs for a QBR of 138.

2 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

I think he said he can't do it. 

And now he'll start name-calling. 

It's all very predictable. 

I think people are supposed to support their claims.

I don't even know what you're claiming and yet you want me to do all the work.

Again, you're a theory whore but you're reality poor.

8 minutes ago, Dub said:

Losing one's quarterback/quarterback inexperience is tough but that wasn't what Belly asked for.

What I also said is that I don't care if you have 40 D1's or whatever the number Caj lied about.

If they're not the QB or you have a weak OL then it doesn't matter.

But Belly Bob doesn't know anything about actual football so it goes right over his theoretical head.

8 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

SJB was the better team when they played. They had more than twice the total offense and missed two FGs. What do you think the chances are that they would miss two FGs in a rematch?

Excuses?

16 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

I understand. This happens a lot actually. You know, where the better team doesn't win. Yet people want to use that argument for their teams but not apply it for other teams if you understand what I mean. 

It seems on the board here, we get to pick and choose how we apply or ignore these known facts in the debates. Since I have been enjoying the Black Eye For Georgia thread so thoroughly as some similar facts are ignored for Georgia teams, I figure may as well go with it against Cali, Jersey and wherever else the Black Eye posters hail from. :D

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Guccifer said:

What I also said is that I don't care if you have 40 D1's or whatever the number Caj lied about.

If they're not the QB or you have a weak OL then it doesn't matter.

But Belly Bob doesn't know anything about actual football so it goes right over his theoretical head.

Not having an adequate enough quarterback or offensive line to beat less talented teams would still be on STA.

4 minutes ago, Dub said:

Not having an adequate enough quarterback or offensive line to beat less talented teams would still be on STA.

And I also have to fight back against the idea that nothing that happens to players or coaches matters because it's STA and they should always win.

It's just so stupid.