STA

TheRealCAJ

5 hours ago, Guccifer said:

Wait, so you're saying that 62% is a bad completion percentage?

Wow.

You're truly a clown of epic proportion.

I think he is using the methodology that you used when labeling Fromm as not being a good QB.

It seems you picked out 2 games (ND and Auburn Rd 1)  in which he struggled to make your assertions.

If we are to apply this logic evenly across the board, then Allen was garbage.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Guccifer said:

sammy will not touch this with a 10-foot pole.

IMO SJB tied STA in regulation due to lack of attention to the FG team which missed 2 chip shots.  I blame their coaches. 

The difference is that SJB squanderered a "game", but STA squanders "seasons". 

The SJB program has had much more coaching/success than STA over the past 5 seasons

12 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

IMO SJB tied STA in regulation due to lack of attention to the FG team which missed 2 chip shots.  I blame their coaches. 

The SJB program has had much more coaching/success than STA over the past 5 seasons

That's a clown statement if I ever heard one. STA has made a living going all around the country and playing the best of the best. St John's Bosco is a johnny-come-lately who has a couple wins against West Coast stiffs. Completely unimpressive.

7 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

I think he is using the methodology that you used when labeling Fromm as not being a good QB.

This displays a very remedial understanding of football and the argument that myself and steeler were making.

Jake Fromm has a high completion percentage because he throws few passes and is carefully protected by the play-calling.

Jake Allen, on the other hand, had the most pass attempts in a single season in school history.

Do you understand the clear distinction?

33 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

SJB lost 3 games and exited in the semifinal.

STA lost 3 games and exited in the semifinal.

I love how you want to apply more nuance to this situation while avoiding it like the plague in every other circumstance.

21 minutes ago, 181pl said:

Why don't you line up sjbs out of state record against St Thomas's out of state record? That will just show the foolishness of your statement and California homerism. Congrats maitre'd is a good team this year. Big deal.

Why don't you line up their records?

You Fla snowflakes are having a tough year, and not dealing well with the fact that a Calif team will win the MNC

4 minutes ago, Guccifer said:

SJB lost 3 games and exited in the semifinal.

STA lost 3 games and exited in the semifinal.

I love how you want to apply more nuance to this situation while avoiding it like the plague in every other circumstance.

SJB was not the most talented team in the 2 games they lost in regulation.  STA was the more talented team in the three games they lost.  Hence STA squanders talent.

SJB ran the OOS table last year, and avenged their only loss in a rematch = coached up, and won the highest division state championship.  

35 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

This must be more of your selective nuance since STA and SJB only have two direct comparison points.

Head-to-head in 2017 (STA overtime win)

and

Common opponent in 2016 (STA overtime loss, SJB 15 point loss)

Also, an indirect comparison (championships) goes to STA 3-2 as well.

Now, what are the chances that you would make this same argument if the roles had been reversed and SJB was the one with the head-to-head and common opponent edge?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

STA was the more talented team in the three games they lost.  Hence STA squanders talent.

This is stupid and has been proven to be so many times.

It's also incredibly lazy because it keeps you from having to do any real thinking.

It's a default position that STA is always the more talented team and therefore if they lose it's because their coaching sucks and they squander talent.

But as I've said before, anybody who says that (insert team) should never lose a game is an idiot.

And you, sammy, are an idiot.

2 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

SJB was not the most talented team in the 2 games they lost in regulation.  STA was the more talented team in the three games they lost.  Hence STA squanders talent.

SJB ran the OOS table last year, and avenged their only loss in a rematch = coached up, and won the highest division state championship.  

Did I miss something?  I thought SBJ lost to BG by a few TDs?  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Guccifer said:

This displays a very remedial understanding of football and the argument that myself and steeler were making.

Jake Fromm has a high completion percentage because he throws few passes and is carefully protected by the play-calling.

Jake Allen, on the other hand, had the most pass attempts in a single season in school history.

Do you understand the clear distinction?

Who gives a damn about most pass attempts when you're only 38% against teams with a pulse?

3 hours ago, Guccifer said:

This is stupid and has been proven to be so many times.

It's also incredibly lazy because it keeps you from having to do any real thinking.

It's a default position that STA is always the more talented team and therefore if they lose it's because their coaching sucks and they squander talent.

But as I've said before, anybody who says that (insert team) should never lose a game is an idiot.

And you, sammy, are an idiot.

The original premise is that No program in America squanders more talent than STA.  I stand by that.

Let's take a peek at the supporting data since STA last undefeated season in 2010

Top  STA losses where STA had the superior team.  (No other Top Program has lost so much with a superior team).

We can always count on the STA staff to F-up a game they should have won easily.

2012 -#726 Miramar

2013 - #573  Deerfield Beach

2011 - #525 Cooper City

2017 - #349 Miramar

2015 - #330 Deerfield Beach

2017 - #325 Centennial AZ

2016 - #275 BTW

2013 - #84 Dwyer

2014 - #80 Don Bosco