STA

TheRealCAJ

14 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Have you watched a game all season?  Do you want to go down the list of this mega talented team?  

Offense:  

QB - 4th string preseason.  Played OLB and TE but was moved because well... 

RB - Carter is good, just no room most of the time.  They have a small and quick Junior RB White, but again little room.  Overall their worst rb group I can remember.  

WR - OK there, just lacking a QB

OL - Tulane commit senior and a likely Power 5 conf Center.  That’s about it.  

Some twirpy looking tight end they used as well as a twirpy looking fullback at times.  Now that’s on the coaching. 

PK was solid.  One bright spot.  Two from 40+.   

The D front 7 allowed rushing success in the Miramar game and Venice went right at them and succeeded also.  I saw a freshman 99 playing a lot in the game.  They were shuffling DL a lot because Venice was playing up tempo the entire game.  They maxed out on plays (a wise move).  In the end, the D (like Miramar game) was weak against the run for some reason.  Besides the big fella Jean, STA isn’t that big on the DL and their LB’s overall last night were not filling gaps enough.  Front 7 is the big fella and Bonitto.  Secondary was good but not a vital need when your D can’t stop the run!   

Lack of effort is silly.  Coaching issues that’s for sure fair game and justified.  IMG talent?  Not even close to that kind of marquee players.  More than Venice for sure though.   

Yes i have actually 

I watched the centennial and deerfield Beach games

This was a GOOD year for sure in 7A.

I thought any of the top 6 in 7A had a legit shot to win state. STA, Plant, Venice, BT, Viera, and Lakeland. 

It is nice to have some competitive balance. When there is a super team, it really detracts from the excitement. I think all of the aforementioned programs, along with Braden River and Tech, are on very strong footing and 7A should be very good next year as well. Plant gets a lot of guys back on O next year but they'll have to find a QB. I'm liking Plant's RB, Walter Wilbon, better than any of their recent backs. Only Wilder was better in recent memory. 

1 minute ago, 181pl said:

This was a GOOD year for sure in 7A.

I thought any of the top 6 in 7A had a legit shot to win state. STA, Plant, Venice, BT, Viera, and Lakeland. 

It is nice to have some competitive balance. When there is a super team, it really detracts from the excitement. I think all of the aforementioned programs, along with Braden River and Tech, are on very strong footing and 7A should be very good next year as well. Plant gets a lot of guys back on O next year but they'll have to find a QB. I'm liking Plant's RB, Walter Wilbon, better than any of their recent backs. Only Wilder was better in recent memory. 

Bartram trail is losing both qbs to graduation so i don't see them being that strong in 2018

Playoffs yes but won't win the region 

Just now, Guccifer said:

Completely disagree.

Why, because STA had some legit competition? I'm not saying the winner will go down in the lore of HS football as the greatest team ever. I'm just saying it was an entertaining year with a lot of very good, although not "Great" teams.

I think the winner of MNW v. Armwood is the best team in the state, other than IMG.

1 minute ago, Guccifer said:

Because nobody knows more about this topic than I do.

You're just a clueless fanboy who pretends like he knows.

What do you really know? 

Other then how to try and use petty insults to think you can make a good argument 

I asked you point blank did you go to Venice game last night

You ignored it,  so if you know so much how about you tell everyone how your super team couldn't beat a team you all destroyed a year ago?? 

Just now, 181pl said:

Why, because STA had some legit competition?

No, because STA fell back to the pack. Not the other way around.

That's mediocrity.

A great year for 7A (old 5A) was 2009 when STA was really, really good and didn't win state.

This year STA was worse, Plant was worse, Dwyer was worse, Lee was worse, etc.

I liked this Plant team a little better than last year's team. Last year may have had a little more overall raw talent, but this squad was very scrappy and was never really out of any game by virtue of sheer will. It got away from them in the 4th against Armwood, but if that game was played at Plant, it would have been a one score affair either way.

Just now, Guccifer said:

No, because STA fell back to the pack. Not the other way around.

That's mediocrity.

A great year for 7A (old 5A) was 2009 when STA was really, really good and didn't win state.

This year STA was worse, Plant was worse, Dwyer was worse, Lee was worse, etc.

Lee was worse because they were 1 dimensional team

They relied too much on Derrick Jones and will struggle without him next year 

Just now, Guccifer said:

You'll notice that I didn't say anything about *why* teams were down.

I just mentioned that they were indeed down.

Nobody cares about your crappy analysis.

Crappy analysis? 

You mean the details that actually explain why teams struggle 

Oh wait all you do is make broad statements that add nothing to the discussion 

4 minutes ago, Guccifer said:

And if STA played Venice at home they'd be playing next week for a 4-peat and you'd be singing a completely different tune.

I feel the same way about Plant. A  9-1 district champ that only lost a road game to a top 3 or 4 team in the whole state shouldn't have to go on the road three weeks in a row. Plant had Viera, Lakeland, and BT back to back to back. Not easy. I think if they get BT at home, it's a different game. But good for BT. I hope they show well against Venice. 

Also, you have to admit that STA's region was TERRIBLE this year. Usually just the presence of a good Dwyer team makes it respectable, but this year the region was down. STA had 3 of its easiest games in rounds 1,2,&3. Didn't exactly get them battle hardened for Venice.

Just now, Guccifer said:

But it wasn't good football.

That's my whole point.

The new playoff format also sucked in Region 4.

This was a bad year for the quality of 7A.

Region 4 overall was probably the weakest region this year 

Only team even sniffing top 10 in class was sta 

Dwyer and Doral academy are hardly state contenders