Longview 30 ...Klein Collins 24

rockinl

Beast Texas pound-for-pound.  Horsefly remember I said it's time for Beast Texas big boys to show up. From class 2A through class 6A Beast Texas is showing out. You can conceivably draw a 70 mile radius around Longview and have teams from 2A - 6A in the state championships.  5A needs to step their game up. Hell New Diana, Waskom and Timpson are all Longview metro areas. 😁

All these teams remain and many have to play each other in the regional finals like Longview and Lufkin

Class 6A Longview, Lufkin

Class 4A Carthage, Henderson, Pleasant Grove, WOS

Class 3A New Diana, Newton, Gunter, Waskom

Class 2A Tenaha, Timpson, St Augustine

19 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Beast Texas pound-for-pound.  Horsefly remember I said it's time for Beast Texas big boys to show up. From class 2A through class 6A Beast Texas is showing out. You can conceivably draw a 70 mile radius around Longview and have teams from 2A - 6A in the state championships.  5A needs to step their game up. Hell New Diana, Waskom and Timpson are all Longview metro areas. 😁

All these teams remain and many have to play each other in the regional finals like Longview and Lufkin

Would we won't it any other way

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Frosty4024 said:

Maybe he meant 25000?

Typos happen...

But still...aren't there better venues?

Longview and Lufkin are both East Texas schools. They would have to drive completely out the way to use another venue. SFA is the biggest stadium between here and Longview. Tyler's Rose Stadium would had work too. But since Lufkin went to Longview early in the season. The Lobos have to come to Lufkin and SFA is a fair venue for that being only 20 minutes from Lufkin.  So yeah they're better venues but wouldn't make sense to play at any of them lol

27 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

East TX is for sure showing out....they should earn a few titles out of those teams. Definitely pound for pound the best area. 

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

East TX is for sure showing out....they should earn a few titles out of those teams. Definitely pound for pound the best area. 

Lufkin and Longview still have an up hill battle. Midway likely awaits the winner. I figure they're going to get after SLC. Then Westlake or Steele in the championship. Sheesh.

10 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

Longview and Lufkin are both East Texas schools. They would have to drive completely out the way to use another venue. SFA is the biggest stadium between here and Longview. Tyler's Rose Stadium would had work too. But since Lufkin went to Longview early in the season. The Lobos have to come to Lufkin and SFA is a fair venue for that being only 20 minutes from Lufkin.  So yeah they're better venues but wouldn't make sense to play at any of them lol

I see ya point...I was thinking Rose also...

Oh well...Good luck to yall.

I don't know that it will be Cy Fair,  they won the first game 30-21. Just a feeling, they play good football in that district. I think they usually play just one ood game now because they have so may schools, so yeah they can be hard to gauge,  especially with the cancelled games this year

6 minutes ago, GlenC7 said:

I don't know that it will be Cy Fair,  they won the first game 30-21. Just a feeling, they play good football in that district. I think they usually play just one ood game now because they have so may schools, so yeah they can be hard to gauge,  especially with the cancelled games this year

I wouldn't be surprised, there have been several teams already with upsets.