Big 10 Championship: tOSU 27 Wisky 21

TheMaximumHornetSting

3 minutes ago, Bormio said:

Clemson is the favorite.  Their defense is elite.  They can stop Georgia’s running game and they have owned Oklahoma.

I agree Clemson is the favorite. Best defensive front seven and their offense is good enough. They’re similar to 2016 Alabama idc what anyone says. 

That said, Alabama and Oklahoma could beat them on good nights. It’ll be tough for both (as it will be for Clemson) but I truly believe those are the best teams in the country 

tOSU should have won this game in a blowout. I credit JT Barrett for his toughness and leadership, but he nearly cost the Buckeyes the game and might have cost them the last playoff spot.

He missed badly on 2 throws that should have resulted in TD's and handed Wisky 10 points with the pick 6 and his other INT. Both were throws a 5th yr senior should never make.

This should have been a 41-14 type game and a no brainer for the CFB committee.

RE: the Buckeyes v. Bama debate, I've gone back and forth on it several times tonight.

Sure, as a Buckeyes fan I want them to get in and have a chance to run the table. But like many, the eye test tells me that Bama is better -- aided by the ridiculous loss to Iowa.

However I start thinking that maybe Bama passes the eyetest because they haven't played or beaten anybody. Their best wins are against **cough cough** Fresno State and an LSU team that lost at home to freaking TROY. And then they scheduled FCS MERCER.

So their non-conference schedule in total was Florida State, Fresno State, Colorado State and MERCER.

And while FSU seemed like a marquee team on paper, they ended the season 6-6. And like always, Bama never seems to schedule a marquee game on the ROAD. It's always at HOME or at a neutral site. Meanwhile tOSU has scheduled the likes of Oklahoma and VaTech on the road early in seasons. Just sayin ....

In summary, I was willing to say that Bama should get the spot based upon the eye test. But the more I thought about it, the more I think they looked so great because they played a bunch of patsies. I think Bama is pretty darn good, but I really don't know. Again, one of their best SEC wins was against a team that lost at home to Troy.

As for tOSU, I fully agree that a 31-pt loss on the road to Iowa is ridiculous and impossible to ignore. The early season loss to Oklahoma can be overlooked considering where the Sooners have ended up. But the Iowa loss is a big anchor.

Having said that, at least the Buckeyes have beaten some teams that the AP and coaches ranked quite highly and, most importantly, also finished the season ranked quite highly. And they now have a conference championship.

For those reasons, I gotta give my Buckeyes the edge.

Lastly, before anybody talks about 2016 and tOSU getting in over conference champ Penn State, this situation is different. The Buckeyes resume was superior last season. Road win at Oklahoma, several top 10 wins and an 11-pt win over a Michigan team that destroyed PSU. Bama doesn't have those same credentials to vault a conference champ.

I think this Bama team is more comparable to the Buckeyes 2015 team. That team only had 1 close loss to Michigan State by 3 points and was considered one of the most talented teams in the Nation that nobody wanted to play. But they didn't get into the playoff based upon resume and the fact that the Big10 already had 1 team in the mix. Same thing applies to Bama this season IMO.

3 hours ago, ThunderRam said:

the eyetest because they haven't played or beaten anybody. Their best wins are against **cough cough** Fresno State and an LSU team that lost at home to freaking TROY. And then they scheduled FCS MERCER.

I'm pretty sure The Gumps are IN and it's not really all that tough of a decision, BUT

Troy ended up (10-2) and Sun Belt Champs (shared), and I would probably pick them over (7-5) freaking Iowa.....

Pretty bad performance by LSU though...

1 hour ago, TheRealCAJ said:

Troy ended up (10-2) and Sun Belt Champs (shared), and I would probably pick them over (7-5) freaking Iowa.....

xD

This board is truly amazing.

So telling the truth is "excuses!" and "rationalization" but then Caj throws out this gem about losing to Troy at home.

Priceless.

This board is diseased.

30 minutes ago, Guccifer said:

xD

This board is truly amazing.

So telling the truth is "excuses!" and "rationalization" but then Caj throws out this gem about losing to Troy at home.

Priceless.

This board is diseased.

Most got it, guccifer.

You always seem to lag behind...

Iowa is not much better than Troy if they even are....

18 minutes ago, Guccifer said:

Why are you telling me this?

Looks like an excuse to me.

Somehow I should be sullen for days because Miami lost to the #1 team but LSU should keep their heads up after they lost to Troy at home?

xD

Miami has lost to Pittsburgh by 10 and Clemson by 35 the last 2 games. They suck.

19 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Miami has lost to Pittsburgh by 10 and Clemson by 35 the last 2 games. They suck.

And?

I suspect that you think this should mean something to me.

I have a much better life than you, ECHS05.

My self-esteem doesn't come from a college football team winning or losing.

That's the source of your delusions about how good Georgia is. You need them to be good because your fragile psyche depends on it.

6 hours ago, ThunderRam said:

RE: the Buckeyes v. Bama debate, I've gone back and forth on it several times tonight.

Sure, as a Buckeyes fan I want them to get in and have a chance to run the table. But like many, the eye test tells me that Bama is better -- aided by the ridiculous loss to Iowa.

However I start thinking that maybe Bama passes the eyetest because they haven't played or beaten anybody. Their best wins are against **cough cough** Fresno State and an LSU team that lost at home to freaking TROY. And then they scheduled FCS MERCER.

So their non-conference schedule in total was Florida State, Fresno State, Colorado State and MERCER.

And while FSU seemed like a marquee team on paper, they ended the season 6-6. And like always, Bama never seems to schedule a marquee game on the ROAD. It's always at HOME or at a neutral site. Meanwhile tOSU has scheduled the likes of Oklahoma and VaTech on the road early in seasons. Just sayin ....

In summary, I was willing to say that Bama should get the spot based upon the eye test. But the more I thought about it, the more I think they looked so great because they played a bunch of patsies. I think Bama is pretty darn good, but I really don't know. Again, one of their best SEC wins was against a team that lost at home to Troy.

As for tOSU, I fully agree that a 31-pt loss on the road to Iowa is ridiculous and impossible to ignore. The early season loss to Oklahoma can be overlooked considering where the Sooners have ended up. But the Iowa loss is a big anchor.

Having said that, at least the Buckeyes have beaten some teams that the AP and coaches ranked quite highly and, most importantly, also finished the season ranked quite highly. And they now have a conference championship.

For those reasons, I gotta give my Buckeyes the edge.

Lastly, before anybody talks about 2016 and tOSU getting in over conference champ Penn State, this situation is different. The Buckeyes resume was superior last season. Road win at Oklahoma, several top 10 wins and an 11-pt win over a Michigan team that destroyed PSU. Bama doesn't have those same credentials to vault a conference champ.

I think this Bama team is more comparable to the Buckeyes 2015 team. That team only had 1 close loss to Michigan State by 3 points and was considered one of the most talented teams in the Nation that nobody wanted to play. But they didn't get into the playoff based upon resume and the fact that the Big10 already had 1 team in the mix. Same thing applies to Bama this season IMO.

This Bama team is not their best. Not even close.

They've played one highly ranked team and lost (and then Auburn got their asses kicked too to go 3-loss). Best win is over LSU. The Bucks have at least three wins ranked better or much better. And one wonders why Mississippi State is even in the top 25. 

11 hours ago, ATLien12x said:

I agree Clemson is the favorite. Best defensive front seven and their offense is good enough. They’re similar to 2016 Alabama idc what anyone says. 

That said, Alabama and Oklahoma could beat them on good nights. It’ll be tough for both (as it will be for Clemson) but I truly believe those are the best teams in the country 

If Bama gets in, we'll have quite a bit of time to heal and prepare. Should be a night and day difference performance-wise, as a team (hopefully). 

Yes, 17 Clemson and 16 Bama are similar. Clemson's D line is comparable to that Bama DL. I think we had better LBs and DBs though. 

49 minutes ago, concha said:

This Bama team is not their best. Not even close.

They've played one highly ranked team and lost (and then Auburn got their asses kicked too to go 3-loss). Best win is over LSU. The Bucks have at least three wins ranked better or much better. And one wonders why Mississippi State is even in the top 25. 

Of course this is the best Ohio State team in their history..

Blown off the map twice.xD