Clemson vs Bama

ChimpGrip

7 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Do not agree Bryant is better than Stidham. Stats and eye test says differently so I’m not sure how you figure. Open to the conversation though? . 

I looked at the stats - actually not dissimilar.  Completion % similar, some advantage in Y/A to Stidham.  Bryant handles the rush much better and greater running threat.  Plus, in the past 2 games Stidham has had a couple of big fumbles that cost his team points.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, NYHSFAN33 said:

You say the same thing every week, including last week vs Auburn.  I think Bama might win, but I feel like “Bama will roll” said every week starts to lose its luster

Unhhhh okay ....? I literally copied the same exact thing THC said against Hurts and repeated it making a point. That Bryant is in the same - he is not a great QB without running.  

Read THC’s post and then read mine. It was a parody rebuttal.... 

i say the same same thing every week? Bama usually does roll every week, that means I’m right a lot. But I also don’t say that “every week” as we don’t discuss Bama weekly on this board. Are they my team and do I pick them to win often? Absolutely. About as much as the people that hate Bama just to do so pick against them. 

Have a good Sunday, bud. 

23 minutes ago, Bormio said:

I looked at the stats - actually not dissimilar.  Completion % similar, some advantage in Y/A to Stidham.  Bryant handles the rush much better 

Across the board he is worse in every category passing wise. 

Yards, yards per attempt. Completion %, Touchdowns, INTs - you name it. Stidham is also much more accurate throwing the ball down field. (By a wide margin) 

I’m not saying Bryant is bad, but he’s not Stidham. Does not have the arm 

1 minute ago, ATLien12x said:

Across the board he is worse in every category passing. Yards, yards per attempt. Completion %, Touchdowns, INTs - you name it. Stidham is also much more accurate throwing the ball down field. (By a wide margin) 

Actually his completion % is higher and yards are very close.  Clemson  relies on more short throws to Renfro and the backs.  Bryant also had no experience and has played very well recently.  And his wheels are significantly better.  If you asked me which QB had more upside - it is Bryant and it is not close.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bormio said:

Clemson should be favored but Bama is Bama and

1) They have a month to get healthier

2) They are very talented, so if they play well and scheme well, their ceiling is high

3) It will be the first time in ages they are a dog - may be something the coaches can use

4) Deshaun Watson is not playing

They are -2 according to Vegas right now

Bryant is more prone to injury then Hurts. Syracuse showed how to dispose of him. Drop him on his head. Hes already had one concussion. But in all seriousness both Qbs are a lot alike. Clemson front 7 is very very good. Alabama getting their Lbs back. Will only have 2 guys out for the clemson game Hamilton and Jones. 

The Clemson D line is NFL caliber. Truth.

Having the LBs back will help, but I also havent forgotten how terrible we (Bama) got over the season at :

1. 3rd and whatever on offense. This season, when Hurts wasnt scrambling for his life, he seemed very undecided at whether to run or throw. IMO, he made better decisions last year. 

2. Getting the defense off the field on 3rd downs. (We are great at 2nd and 1, or 3rd and 3...but if it's 3rd and 15, we cant seem to stop it)

3. Lack of a dominant O lineman.

Those 3 things really stood out to me as the season progressed.

We have to run the ball to beat Clemson. Period.

We have to have a HUGE game from Damien Harris and Bo Scarborough if we win this one. Very tall order.

Ill be there. Hope I dont waste $700 bucks.

Roll Damn Tide.

1 minute ago, rockinl said:

The Clemson D line is NFL caliber. Truth.

Having the LBs back will help, but I also havent forgotten how terrible we (Bama) got over the season at :

1. 3rd and whatever on offense. This season, when Hurts wasnt scrambling for his life, he seemed very undecided at whether to run or throw. IMO, he made better decisions last year. 

2. Getting the defense off the field on 3rd downs. (We are great at 2nd and 1, or 3rd and 3...but if it's 3rd and 15, we cant seem to stop it)

3. Lack of a dominant O lineman.

Those 3 things really stood out to me as the season progressed.

We have to run the ball to beat Clemson. Period.

We have to have a HUGE game from Damien Harris and Bo Scarborough if we win this one. Very tall order.

Ill be there. Hope I dont waste $700 bucks.

Roll Damn Tide.

The OC keeps calling passing plays and getting Bama behind the chains. Bama has 5 legit Rbs plus Hurts back there. run the ball time and time again. In order for Damien Harris and Bo to have big games they have to have the ball. And calvin ridley has to be able to get open unlike what he was able to do against Auburn. And for gods sake can we use a TE when we do pass the ball

1 hour ago, HSFBfan said:

The OC keeps calling passing plays and getting Bama behind the chains. Bama has 5 legit Rbs plus Hurts back there. run the ball time and time again. In order for Damien Harris and Bo to have big games they have to have the ball. And calvin ridley has to be able to get open unlike what he was able to do against Auburn. And for gods sake can we use a TE when we do pass the ball

This. The stupid scrambling make-shift pass game is ineffective. If we run Bo and Harris more in the Iron Bowl, game would have been closer. 

Just now, ChimpGrip said:

This. The stupid scrambling make-shift pass game is ineffective. If we run Bo and Harris more in the Iron Bowl, game would have been closer. 

I agree. Jalen is effective when the running game works. Damien harris was averaging 8 YPC and he only got the ball 6 times in the iron bowl