Clemson vs Bama

ChimpGrip

This is the game I really wanted, a Round III in New Orleans with the real Tigers (sorry LSU). 

Bama will have three key linebackers ready to go, and I expect the team will look much different (especially against stopping the run) when the Sugar Bowl rolls around. 

Hurts and the OL have got to play well, that will be key. If the OL plays soft, they will get blown up. All night long. 

Score prediction?

33 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

This is the game I really wanted, a Round III in New Orleans with the real Tigers (sorry LSU). 

Bama will have three key linebackers ready to go, and I expect the team will look much different (especially against stopping the run) when the Sugar Bowl rolls around. 

Hurts and the OL have got to play well, that will be key. If the OL plays soft, they will get blown up. All night long. 

Score prediction?

Clemson by 10

Just now, ChimpGrip said:

The defense will need to be great to give us a real shot to win, just like last year.

Only way I see bama having a chance is if Clemson turnsover the ball 2 or more times. Bama struggled with the dlines of Miss State and AU.  Clemson's is better then both.  24-10 Clemson. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

Only way I see bama having a chance is if Clemson turnsover the ball 2 or more times. Bama struggled with the dlines of Miss State and AU.  Clemson's is better then both.  24-10 Clemson. 

That's also why I have the OL and Hurts' play as the keys to the game. Daboll will need to carefully plan and avoid plays that take too long to develop. I think we can limit Kelly Bryant though.

Clemson should be favored but Bama is Bama and

1) They have a month to get healthier

2) They are very talented, so if they play well and scheme well, their ceiling is high

3) It will be the first time in ages they are a dog - may be something the coaches can use

4) Deshaun Watson is not playing

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Bormio said:

Clemson should be favored but Bama is Bama and

1) They have a month to get healthier

2) They are very talented, so if they play well and scheme well, their ceiling is high

3) It will be the first time in ages they are a dog - may be something the coaches can use

4) Deshaun Watson is not playing

Is this Clemson team overall not as good, as good, or better than the 2015 and '16 Clemson teams?

I can say for Bama that our '15 and '16 squads were much better.

8 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

Is this Clemson team overall not as good, as good, or better than the 2015 and '16 Clemson teams?

I can say for Bama that our '15 and '16 squads were much better.

I think in many ways Clemson is better.  But they do not have a transcendent player on offense like Watson - nor the 1st round WR they had in Williams last year.  Also their FG kicker has zero range - in a close game may matter.  Their defense is elite, even more athletic than before.  And their offensive system is very polished.

1 hour ago, thc6795 said:

Same thing I have said all year will be true again. Hurts is a great RB horrible QB. Clemson will force bama to throw. Clemson rolls

Alabama will make Clemson throw. Bryant is a great RB horrible QB. Alabama rolls 

Over 75% of Bryant’s passes are under 14 yards down the field according to ESPN. He is not an accurate QB when forced to throw the ball. If he can’t run, they lose, and he will not be able to run the ball. 

Like Chimp said, we will revisit this thread  

2 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Alabama will make Clemson throw. Bryant is a great RB horrible QB. Alabama rolls 

Over 75% of Bryant’s passes are under 14 yards down the field according to ESPN. He is not an accurate QB when forced to throw the ball. If he can’t run, they lose, and he will not be able to run the ball. 

Didn't you also say bama would beat auburn? 

Just now, Bormio said:

Alabama must move the ball on offense.  If you give short fields to Clemson all night, you will get killed.  The OL at Clemson is a strength vs last year.  Bryant can throw better than Stidham.

The OL for Clemson is a strength and the pass rush for Bama is their weakness on defense, unlike the last two years. Bama will have to bring pressure to get to Bryant,  and that'll put those CB's in one on one situations,  not to mention if Bryant runs past the blitzers, he'll have the entire field to himself

5 minutes ago, Bormio said:

Alabama must move the ball on offense.  If you give short fields to Clemson all night, you will get killed.  The OL at Clemson is a strength vs last year.  Bryant can throw better than Stidham.

Do not agree Bryant is better than Stidham. Stats and eye test says differently so I’m not sure how you figure. Open to the conversation though? . 

13 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

You say the same thing every week, including last week vs Auburn.  I think Bama might win, but I feel like “Bama will roll” said every week starts to lose its luster

• Like 1