This Ain't Florida Jimbo. Cookie Cake Be Damned :(

DevilDog

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/college-sports/collegesports/2017/12/06/jimbo-fisher-just-step-cold-war-visit-select-7-7-coach-go?f=r

Jimbo has stirred up the THSCA and discovered this isn't like any other State: 

Did Jimbo Fisher just step into a cold war between Texas high school football coaches? 

Never has a cookie cake caused this much controversy.

"The high school coaches association down here is unbelievable, and what they do and how they prepare their players," Fisher said. "It is unbelievably competitive world down here, there's no doubt."

A photo of Fisher's meeting on the first recruiting trip as the Aggies' coach circulated on Twitter. And apparently it didn't sit well with some Texas high school football coaches

4 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Fisher, whether he knew it or not, stepped into a cold war that had less to do with A&M and more to do with the friction between public school coaches and private trainers in recent years.

I didn't know Coach Jospeh @ Katy was the President of the THSCA. 

Yep, I believe he has been for a year or two

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/college-sports/collegesports/2017/12/06/jimbo-fisher-just-step-cold-war-visit-select-7-7-coach-go?f=r

Jimbo has stirred up the THSCA and discovered this isn't like any other State: 

Did Jimbo Fisher just step into a cold war between Texas high school football coaches? 

Never has a cookie cake caused this much controversy.

"The high school coaches association down here is unbelievable, and what they do and how they prepare their players," Fisher said. "It is unbelievably competitive world down here, there's no doubt."

A photo of Fisher's meeting on the first recruiting trip as the Aggies' coach circulated on Twitter. And apparently it didn't sit well with some Texas high school football coaches

What's the problem? I thought you girls liked having your asses kissed? That's what SOUTHERN men do to get what they want!

49 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Fisher, whether he knew it or not, stepped into a cold war that had less to do with A&M and more to do with the friction between public school coaches and private trainers in recent years.

I didn't know Coach Joseph @ Katy was the President of the THSCA. 

What's WRONG with this picture? An active coach heading up a supposedly IMPARTIAL association?xD And how in the HELL does a FULL TIME COACH, have the time to devote to this endeavor, ESPECIALLY one the size of Tejas?

3 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

It ain't like Florida meaning there will be no National Titles won anytime soon. 

But God Damn it! Some random high school coach from Mule Poop will still think highly of him!!! 😂

The entitlement of Texas high school coaches, all princes of their own little fiefdoms, has been a problem for Texas college football coaches when it comes to evaluating. Oklahama and TCU do a lot better job of evaluations and sifting through the bs.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ORabidOne said:

What's WRONG with this picture? An active coach heading up a supposedly IMPARTIAL association?xD And how in the HELL does a FULL TIME COACH, have the time to devote to this endeavor, ESPECIALLY one the size of Tejas?

A simple Internet search returned this information from the THSCA website...

"The Texas High School Coaches Association (THSCA) is the principle advocate and leadership organization for Texas high school coaches."

Where in that sentence did you see anything about "impartial"?

The only thing I see wrong in this picture is your ignorant azz commenting on something you know absolutely nothing about.

• Like 1

I love Texas and its HS football, and it's Friday nights (I played HS ball 2 years at Longview)...... but I really dont understand the ongoing arrogance. I mean, 1 college National Championship for the state in 40 years. That doesnt jive with the holier than thou attitude I constantly hear about "superior" HS athletes. At some point, if its that "lopsided" as some here think, that has to translate into superior teams on the college level.

23 minutes ago, rockinl said:

I love Texas and its HS football, and it's Friday nights (I played HS ball 2 years at Longview)...... but I really dont understand the ongoing arrogance. I mean, 1 college National Championship for the state in 40 years. That doesnt jive with the holier than thou attitude I constantly hear about "superior" HS athletes. At some point, if its that "lopsided" as some here think, that has to translate into superior teams on the college level.

Not really - We have had good teams - I mean just two or 3 years ago we nearly had 2 teams in the playoffs.  We have had years when we won every bowl game with 6 or 7 teams.... There is a ton of really good talent that is also leaving the state.  

I said long time ago that the great Florida talent would get spread thin with the addition of programs like South Florida, Florida Atlantic, Florida Inter, and even the uprising of UCF.  not to mention like TX all the players that are being pulled away.   My God two of the three premier programs in the state are not even going to a bowl game this year.

Two of the 4 playoff teams are led by Texas QB's -  Then just outside of this grouping you Ohio St and Auburn with Texas kids pulling the trigger.

The problem in the state of Texas is not players -  it's some recruiting and mostly coaching!

TCU has not been getting better players than A&M or Texas -  TCU is out coaching and has been out working them!

Baylor under Art Briles was out coaching most everyone they played.

Now sit back and take note on what happens the next few years at UT -They will soon be the best in TEXAS and one of the best in the nation.  It will be combination of recruiting and coaching that leads them back to being very good.

Also Sam Houston is in the FCS Semis for the 4th year straight.  TX A&M Commerce in DII representing.  As far as NC's prior to the BCS they are all B.S. anyway.  TX can claim 11 NC's based off some stupid voting service's.  As a matter of fact both TX and Alabama got Championships then lost In the bowl games.  Funny one of those Alabama ass whippings were given by Texas

1964 National Champion Alabama Crimson Tide;  One of many B.S. championships

Alabama was selected as the 1964 national champions by both the AP and UPI prior to the bowl game.

UH OH Orange BOWL Jan 1965  TX 21 Alabama 17:  Where is our Trophy?:D

Now I give them props during the BCS.  But they will not duplicate that with the Playoffs now.  Texas played for 2 NC's in the last 12 years.  Again those Prior BCS Championships are sports writers awards that were B.S. Including TX winning in 1971 and the next week ND kicked Texas ass:

Texas was selected as the nation champion by the Coaches' Poll, since until 1973 the final poll was done at the end of the regular season, prior to bowl games, which were treated in the past as exhibition games.

Geezus....why didnt you go back to 1915? Lets just stick to modern day football. Like the past 10-15 years. UT had a few bright spots in there.

Whats the difference between a 50 year old Longhorn fan, and a 10 year old Alabama fan? The 10 year old has seen more National Championships.

The Longhorns have basically sucked since 2010. 

Recruiting, recruiting, recruiting. That and top tier coaching, is what makes teams win nowdays.

Just now, ATLien12x said:

Kennesaw State is about to come town and show you how JAWJA boys play football. Vegas has it -1.5 on the road for the Owls!! (WHO?!?) the Owls! 

Yes that Defense is suppose to be nails against the wide open Texas offense.  Jawja vs. Tejas per Rab.  Should be a good one.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, rockinl said:

Geezus....why didnt you go back to 1915? Lets just stick to modern day football. Like the past 10-15 years. UT had a few bright spots in there.

Whats the difference between a 50 year old Longhorn fan, and a 10 year old Alabama fan? The 10 year old has seen more National Championships.

The Longhorns have basically sucked since 2010. 

Recruiting, recruiting, recruiting. That and top tier coaching, is what makes teams win nowdays.

I responded you mentioned the last 45 years.  They won a championship the last 12 years.   So they have played for it twice in the last 15 years Warrior.  Geezus now don't get all revisionist on me when I responded to the point of  your essay.  They have sucked since 2010 and The Tide had a similar slide too in the not so distant past.  Like a decade ago.

Alabama before Saban.  Looks like Texas now. :D But hey keep believing they have been balling for eternity like this.

2000 3  - 8

2001 7 - 5

2002 10 -3

2003 4 - 9

2004 6 - 6

2005 10 -2 Forfeited game

2006 6 - 7  

2007 7 - 6 Saban 1st year  U. La. Monroe kicked that ass.