Petition started by Peach Co.-Calhoun blown call...

ECHS05

A young lady has started a petition on change.org, asking that the GHSA allow instant replay in future GA HSFB State Championships. And that the incomplete pass call be overturned that resulted in Peach Co. losing the GA 3A State Championship. Most of you know that story already, and have seen the video so I wont go into detail with that again.

But heres a link to the petition: https://www.change.org/p/ghsa-georgia-high-school-association-pchs-students-robbed

Heres PART of her statement...

""We are asking that the Executive Committee of the Georgia High School Association overturn the officiants ruling on the play and allow that instant replay be admissible in High school championship games. We are not asking for an apology but a change in policy.""

-------------

They have 10,586 signatures and are asking for 15,000. I figured this board would be a good place to ask for help.

Im sure most of you have seen it, but heres a video showing the blown call...

6 minutes ago, ron169 said:

I although I agree that it is a horrible call, also a part of sports. Has to be a winner and a loser... Can't say for sure that peach would have won even with the touchdown.also can't make a rule saying that instant replay is to be used during state championship. 

I feel like this opens the door for Instant replay to be used in The championship games...

Just now, Ararar said:

If the ref would have just came out and said hey I’m human I made a mistake this wouldn’t have gone as far as it has

Funny thing about that... 

That 1 ref that ruled it imcomplete caught hell from the other refs. 

All the other refs jumped on his ass. They all ruled it a TD.  He never discussed it or anything. With the other refs.  And they got on his ass for it. 

46 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

I feel like this opens the door for Instant replay to be used in The championship games...

Assuming they are played in a venue that has the capabilities to do replay. Remember, all it takes is a little snow to throw that out. Further more, I'm sure gptv doesn't have 1/4 the camera at a high school game that fox or espn has

Although the rules are different, l think that might well have been an incomplete pass in the NFL - he lost the ball in the act of going to the ground.  The number of steps does not matter.  He catches the ball and gets hit causing him to start towards the ground - and then fails to control it through contact with the ground.  Does not matter that the ball crossed the goal line - have to control through contact with the ground.  That said, I presume the HS rule is different and that was a bad call.

13 hours ago, ron169 said:

Assuming they are played in a venue that has the capabilities to do replay. Remember, all it takes is a little snow to throw that out. Further more, I'm sure gptv doesn't have 1/4 the camera at a high school game that fox or espn has

I've been favorably impressed with the camera coverage GPTV uses especially for the championship games.  Besides, you use what you have.  If it shows something, great.  If it doesn't show anything you stick with the call on the field.  Each team is impacted equally.