BNU Commitments

LiberalDonaldTrump

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Coach Farinaro doing a great job at SJR. 

well this is the way I view the current situation; SJR has I believe positioned itself as the logical landing ground for many good wrestlers who either couldn't immediately or have doubts about their ability to crack BC's lineup. Alvarez won but the real story is the placements underneath. I believe SJR had 3 other kids make the podium. When you are on top you have to look within to see the weaknesses and as a BC alum who has religiously followed the wrestling program's ascent I can honestly say that this wasn't a fun year. The biggest reason for me to be disappointed is that the team didn't really grow organically but relied on upperclassman transfers to fill talent voids in the lineup. We've seen this with football and it is a narrow minded short term solution to a problem. That said, in a very short period of time SJR will be on the hot seat as well when it comes to the wrestling program. Top level kids will not settle for wrestling in the BCCA George Jockish County tournament, they want to travel and seek out the best competition and that is not found wrestling Ramsey. BC goes to 3 major out of state tournaments a year and travel to take on top 10 teams in the nation in duals and I can assure it is very expensive. 3 years ago they had to pull out of the Doc Buchanan in CA because of cost factors. Wrestling doesn't stoke the alumni imagination quite like football!

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Mickeybern said:

well this is the way I view the current situation; SJR has I believe positioned itself as the logical landing ground for many good wrestlers who either couldn't immediately or have doubts about their ability to crack BC's lineup. Alvarez won but the real story is the placements underneath. I believe SJR had 3 other kids make the podium. When you are on top you have to look within to see the weaknesses and as a BC alum who has religiously followed the wrestling program's ascent I can honestly say that this wasn't a fun year. The biggest reason for me to be disappointed is that the team didn't really grow organically but relied on upperclassman transfers to fill talent voids in the lineup. We've seen this with football and it is a narrow minded short term solution to a problem. That said, in a very short period of time SJR will be on the hot seat as well when it comes to the wrestling program. Top level kids will not settle for wrestling in the BCCA George Jockish County tournament, they want to travel and seek out the best competition and that is not found wrestling Ramsey. BC goes to 3 major out of state tournaments a year and travel to take on top 10 teams in the nation in duals and I can assure it is very expensive. 3 years ago they had to pull out of the Doc Buchanan in CA because of cost factors. Wrestling does stoke the alumni imagination quite like football!

The selling point can be let's hope BC beats the top teams in the country giving us an opportunity to be a premier program by then beating them. Not saying Joe's can or will beat BC consistently, but when you don't have the funds to provide that oos opportunity that has to be your mindset. No one wanted bosco to beat STA at west point more than PC that year.  Bosco beating the number one team 8n the country provided PC the opportunity to make a national statement by going out and beating bosco after bosco defeated the number 1 team in the country. 

3 minutes ago, SJR 04 said:

The selling point can be let's hope BC beats the top teams in the country giving us an opportunity to be a premier program by then beating them. Not saying Joe's can or will beat BC consistently, but when you don't have the funds to provide that oos opportunity that has to be your mindset. No one wanted bosco to beat STA at west point more than PC that year.  Bosco beating the number one team 8n the country provided PC the opportunity to make a national statement by going out and beating bosco after bosco defeated the number 1 team in the country. 

that is kind of what I was getting at..Damien,the coaching staff and the admin have to actually sit down and answer the big question:How far do you want to go with this?? Tom Farinaro is a great guy and a well respected coach but Dave Bell is the wrestling equivalent of Greg Toal. He took over the BC program in 1999 (same year Toal took over at DBP) and it took him 13 years to really gain national prominence. He has a coaching staff built out of former state champs who have been in the BC wrestling room for well over a decade. So there is a building blocks approach that has to be nurtured but the area is wide open. Delbarton has filled the void in many ways because it seems to me that Bosco has seemingly thrown in the towel when it comes to wrestling. But I do believe SJR will be a consistently solid #2 in the county and probably top 10 in the state. Really good landing spot for a football player who also has talent on the mat. Bergen is running into trouble with these football/wrestling guys like McKenzie and John High. Top 5 teams in the country need their wrestlers on the mat year round! Not from New Years to March.

really happy for Sammy...great kid...NC State is getting a good one.  good starting point to get SJR back in wrestling...incremental steps with really good kids coming....future is bright in Montvale...now we need hoops to Beat BC on wednesday......for the chip ...#3rdtimeisthcharm

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SJR89 said:

really happy for Sammy...great kid...NC State is getting a good one.  good starting point to get SJR back in wrestling...incremental steps with really good kids coming....future is bright in Montvale...now we need hoops to Beat BC on wednesday......for the chip ...#3rdtimeisthcharm

you guys are definitely the underdogs on Wednesday but I have to admit you went thru the tougher side of the bracket and won convincingly. Vilbert is a lot to handle underneath. Even with our 2 big guys he is hard to control and very physical.

3 hours ago, paladin4ever said:

Has to be a mistake. I swore the coach had a big rant about building through transfers and he was going to be different from the livin era, because what they did by adding transfers messed up the future of PC?! Okay, now that we know he was full of sh!t, I can tell you 5 more transfers are on the way according to the players. 3-7 

• Haha 3

29 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

He’s a great player but he can be even greater if he stops getting beat on those 98 yarder Bombs 💣

Hopefully the way he ended the season against Bergen was a sign of him coming into his own. He was a first year starter. By seasons end he was a vet. Played lock down in the chip. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SJR 04 said:

Has to be a mistake. I swore the coach had a big rant about building through transfers and he was going to be different from the livin era, because what they did by adding transfers messed up the future of PC?! Okay, now that we know he was full of sh!t, I can tell you 5 more transfers are on the way according to the players. 3-7 

So PC cries foul about teams taking their players but meanwhile they are across the Hudson Poaching Players from the 5 Boros ..

hmm 🤔 🤷‍♂️ 

15E7F8BF-AC44-4471-9E24-D74F88C78E76.png

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, SJR 04 said:

It's like a nuclear arms race for players in the BNU. You just know that he had to either join the game or take a backseat. It's just the way it is. I'm glad he's stepping up his game.

• Like 1