More Good News for America to be Ignored

concha

In addition to the unemployment rate being at a 17-year low, minority unemployment at all-time lows, the economy growing at over 3%, manufacturing jobs returning, tax cuts for 80% to 90% of America's workers, millions of bonuses and pay raises announced, hundreds of billions of overseas dollars being repatriated etc etc...

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-01-18/jobless-claims-in-u-s-plunge-to-lowest-weekly-tally-since-1973

U.S. Jobless Claims Plunge to Lowest Weekly Tally Since 1973

By 
Katia Dmitrieva
January 18, 2018, 8:30 AM EST Updated on January 18, 2018, 9:20 AM EST

U.S. filings for unemployment benefits plummeted to the lowest level in almost 45 years in a sign the job market will tighten further in 2018, Labor Department figures showed Thursday.

HIGHLIGHTS OF JOBLESS CLAIMS (WEEK ENDED JAN. 13)

• Jobless claims decreased by 41k to 220k (est. 249k); lowest level since Feb. 1973, biggest drop since April 2009
  • Continuing claims rose by 76k to 1.952m in week ended Jan. 6 (data reported with one-week lag)
  • Four-week average of initial claims, a less-volatile measure than the weekly figure, fell to 244,500 from the prior week’s 250,750

8 minutes ago, concha said:

In addition to the unemployment rate being at a 17-year low, minority unemployment at all-time lows, the economy growing at over 3%, manufacturing jobs returning, tax cuts for 80% to 90% of America's workers, millions of bonuses and pay raises announced, hundreds of billions of overseas dollars being repatriated etc etc...

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-01-18/jobless-claims-in-u-s-plunge-to-lowest-weekly-tally-since-1973

By 
Katia Dmitrieva

U.S. filings for unemployment benefits plummeted to the lowest level in almost 45 years in a sign the job market will tighten further in 2018, Labor Department figures showed Thursday.

• Jobless claims decreased by 41k to 220k (est. 249k); lowest level since Feb. 1973, biggest drop since April 2009
  • Continuing claims rose by 76k to 1.952m in week ended Jan. 6 (data reported with one-week lag)
  • Four-week average of initial claims, a less-volatile measure than the weekly figure, fell to 244,500 from the prior week’s 250,750

Sounds like NAFTA is gonna be renegotiated or killed as well. Well see gains from that as well

9 minutes ago, concha said:

By 
Katia Dmitrieva

While I applaud and am happy the jobless rate is low, there are two things you need to consider, here: 1. The labor participation rate is still historically low. Bear in mind the jobless rate only takes into account those actively seeking employment, not the discouraged. 2. Using a single week's unemployment claims data is not very meaningful. What's more important is the moving average measured over several weeks (I forget what the number of weeks they use is), as this smooths out dramatic weekly fluctuations brought about by both factors directly related to job loss (such as a big layoff by a major employer), and factors from without (such as very bad weather).

Having said that, I will agree that the trends started several years ago towards a more favorable jobs market have continued under the Trump Administration.

Sadly, if he has any say in rewriting history, I am sure he will take full credit for all jobs created since the Pilgrims first landed at Plymouth Rock!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

While I applaud and am happy the jobless rate is low, there are two things you need to consider, here: 1. The labor participation rate is still historically low. Bear in mind the jobless rate only takes into account those actively seeking employment, not the discouraged. 2. Using a single week's unemployment claims data is not very meaningful. What's more important is the moving average measured over several weeks (I forget what the number of weeks they use is), as this smooths out dramatic weekly fluctuations brought about by both factors directly related to job loss (such as a big layoff by a major employer), and factors from without (such as very bad weather).

Having said that, I will agree that the trends started several years ago towards a more favorable jobs market have continued under the Trump Administration.

Sadly, if he has any say in rewriting history, I am sure he will take full credit for all jobs created since the Pilgrims first landed at Plymouth Rock!

We already gone over this when Obama was President....concha, posted the same message you just posted.

concha, is just a redundant dick....9_9

• Haha 1

Just now, DarterBlue said:

1) I am well aware of the labor participation rate, which has stabilized after plummeting under the last guy.

2) The U6 rate, which accounts for full and under-employment, has improved even more than the U3.

3) There have never been more people working in Amrica than now.

4) I agree about using a "smoothed" average. That said, it would be one hell of a coincidence for the lowest reporting in roughly 45 years to "just happen" to occur under Trump.

I find you pot shots at him ironic, given the last guy standing in front of a fake Roman columns talking about his inauguration being remembered as the time the seas stopped rising.

1 minute ago, RedZone said:

We already gone over this when Obama was President....concha, posted the same message you just posted.

concha, is just a redundant dick....9_9

I don't know if I would call Concha a dick. Heck I don't even know his sex9_9 (I guess gender is the word we now use). What I would say about Concha is twofold. First, at times he has shown a willingness to have a meaningful debate. That is positive. Second, at other times he has show selective memory when presenting his side of the argument. The example you mention above would be one of those times. 

2 minutes ago, concha said:

I find you pot shots at him ironic, given the last guy standing in front of a fake Roman columns talking about his inauguration being remembered as the time the seas stopped rising.

Concha, I find Trump to be a reprehensible human being, period. Even if I were a conservative, I would feel the same way. In that sense, I would have been an unrepentant never Trumper. The man has no sense of morality that I can discern. But that's just me and my opinion. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

I don't know if I would call Concha a dick. Heck I don't even know his sex9_9 (I guess gender is the word we now use). What I would say about Concha is twofold. First, at times he has shown a willingness to have a meaningful debate. That is positive. Second, at other times he has show selective memory when presenting his side of the argument. The example you mention above would be one of those times. 

trump even acknowledged your message, but has since flip-flopped yet again..

and, is running with the glory!

Fuck em' both bluntly....

3 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

Concha has meaningful debates with folks like you who are intelligent and at least make an effort to make a case and back it up.

Chip is not like you at all. He is a buffoon and a troll.

Not sure what "selective memory" you refer to here.  Trump inherited a unemployment situation that had been pretty stagnant for 1 to 2 years.  Prior to taking over, under Obama the U3 rate has dropped just 0.1% in the previous year. Under Trump it plummeted 0.7% in 9 months. Under Obama we hadn't seen 3% GDP growth since Q1 2015.  Trump looking at several quarters in a row right now.

5 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

Concha, I find Trump to be a reprehensible human being, period. Even if I were a conservative, I would feel the same way. In that sense, I would have been an unrepentant never Trumper. The man has no sense of morality that I can discern. But that's just me and my opinion. 

Good for you. Your privilege.

I'd say the same for the Dem candidate in the election. A reprehensible harpie.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

You would probably find most true NYers to be reprehensible since you dont like Trump

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

You would probably find most true NYers to be reprehensible since you dont like Trump

I lived, went to grad school and worked in New York for 7.5 years. During that time I met, worked with and served many New Yorkers in a professional capacity. I found some to be reprehensible, some to be very nice, some that were liars, some that were very candid, in short the whole gambit. As I am not sure what your definition of a true NYer is, I will pass on saying whether I would find them reprehensible. 

2 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

I lived, went to grad school and worked in New York for 7.5 years. During that time I met, worked with and served many New Yorkers in a professional capacity. I found some to be reprehensible, some to be very nice, some that were liars, some that were very candid, in short the whole gambit. As I am not sure what your definition of a true NYer is, I will pass on saying whether I would find them reprehensible. 

Sounds like you have NYers in a shell. Little bit of everything you have stated. Usually have aggressive personalities. And a lot of NYers are go getters. They want stuff done and they want it done now. One of the reasons I love Trump. He wants stuff done and he wants it done now

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Sounds like you have NYers in a shell. Little bit of everything you have stated. Usually have aggressive personalities. And a lot of NYers are go getters. They want stuff done and they want it done now. One of the reasons I love Trump. He wants stuff done and he wants it done now

I agree with what I underlined. And, I have no problem with any of that. However, I don't love Trump as you do. This has nothing to do with his aggressive personality and everything to do with the fact that I think he is a selfish, mean, dishonest human being who lacks empathy, morality and basic human kindness. Some of the most aggressive New Yorkers I met and worked with were also some of the nicest, at least to those that they had an understanding with. In short, they had your back if you had theirs. 

Growing up in an inner city part of Kingston, being able to assess individuals accurately was essential for survival. I think my assessment of DJT is spot on. I would never, ever do a deal with him as I know there would be no win, win. No, it would be all about what he could get from me. I don't do business that way. 

Just now, RedZone said:

He said human being not Rep, you dumbass.

You are so twisted you don't even know the difference anymore.

Shame on you...for living.

Chip,

It is entirely pertinent to refer to the alternative provided.

Why don't run you racist, stupid ass to the bathroom and start scrubbing off all the skidmarks covering your face.

You are just useless and could use lessons from an intelligent guy like Darter, though you'd probably be loathe to do that given his skin color.

11 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

I agree with what I underlined. And, I have no problem with any of that. However, I don't love Trump as you do. This has nothing to do with his aggressive personality and everything to do with the fact that I think he is a selfish, mean, dishonest human being who lacks empathy, morality and basic human kindness. Some of the most aggressive New Yorkers I met and worked with were also some of the nicest, at least to those that they had an understanding with. In short, they had your back if you had theirs. 

Growing up in an inner city part of Kingston, being able to assess individuals accurately was essential for survival. I think my assessment of DJT is spot on. I would never, ever do a deal with him as I know there would be no win, win. No, it would be all about what he could get from me. I don't do business that way. 

See i think thats where the left misses out what DJT is about. Its never about looking at the situation and people. Its a business decision. Hes running the country as he would his business. Everything is a dollar. Every deal every decision is based off dollars and cents. If the deal doesnt make sense for the country hes not going to do it. And sometimes you have spend money in order to make money and thats why im ok with the 1T dollar infrastructure deal. Spend the money and go back and recoup it in other ways. 

7 minutes ago, concha said:

Chip,

It is entirely pertinent to refer to the alternative provided.

Why don't run you racist, stupid ass to the bathroom and start scrubbing off all the skidmarks covering your face.

You are just useless and could use lessons from an intelligent guy like Darter, though you'd probably be loathe to do that given his skin color.

Darter will soon see you for the twisted selective asshole you are.

Everyone else here has.

He's just new..

8 minutes ago, concha said:

You couldn't debate and win against a bologna sandwich, Chip.

Racist and useless.

I'm tired of kicking your ass.

Darter will soon tire too.

Tell us all about the chaos in  Washington happening right NOW....no, I don't guess you want to touch that..don't be a #selective coward all your adult life.

37 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

I appreciate your input.  But, if the economic indicators continue to do well over his 1st term, would it change your political support for him?  

Do his inept social norms and display outweigh economic results? 

• Like 1