More Good News for America to be Ignored

concha

Just now, HSFBfan said:

What do you mean exactly by that statement?

If  you are referring just to the bold face part of my statements, I mean: how can I tell those that I am responsible for to act with integrity and make good moral choices if I myself just act out of what I perceive to be naked self interest without regard to those principles? 

Just now, DarterBlue said:

If  you are referring just to the bold face part of my statements, I mean: how can I tell those that I am responsible for to act with integrity and make good moral choices if I myself just act out of what I perceive to be naked self interest without regard to those principles? 

no you said about correcting your children. Just that statement

2 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Not saying as a definite statement. Was just making an observation. If you didnt then i am wrong with my observation

You can call me out if I am wrong, but I don't think I have ever expressed a detailed opinion of any of the prior three administrations on this board in my time posting here. 

But I will say this: while all three had their problems, and one in particular was led by a person for whom I don't have much respect (at least not in how he conducted his personal life), none of the three exhibited some of the really scary tendencies that the current one has.  

1 minute ago, DarterBlue said:

You can call me out if I am wrong, but I don't think I have ever expressed a detailed opinion of any of the prior three administrations on this board in my time posting here. 

But I will say this: while all three had their problems, and one in particular was led by a person for whom I don't have much respect (at least not in how he conducted his personal life), none of the three exhibited some of the really scary tendencies that the current one has.  

And what is so scary??? That hes trying to fix the country. That he calls a spade a spade. I dont understand the scary aspect. I really dont. I was scared under Obama. Under Trump i dont feel scared. I feel joy in the leadership of this country. 

4 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

And what is so scary??? That hes trying to fix the country. That he calls a spade a spade. I dont understand the scary aspect. I really dont. I was scared under Obama. Under Trump i dont feel scared. I feel joy in the leadership of this country. 

Have you ever read history? Are you familiar with some of the things individuals with despotic tendencies do? Do you think that by dint of your race or social status you are immune from the whims and fancies of those that wish to exercise arbitrary power?

Think again, my son, for history is replete with individuals that have been sacrificed on the alter of despots. 

But then again, enjoy your high, the bliss of joy. But remember, after summer, can winter be far ...

1 minute ago, DarterBlue said:

Have you ever read history? Are you familiar with some of the things individuals with despotic tendencies do? Do you think that by dint of your race or social status you are immune from the whims and fancies of those that wish to exercise arbitrary power?

Think again, my son, for history is replete with individuals that have been sacrificed on the alter of despots. 

But then again, enjoy your high, the bliss of joy. But remember, after summer, can winter be far ...

Trump has done what exactly that is despotic?

3 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

I read history all of the time. Actually my favorite subject matter. Trump isnt taking anything too far imo. Like i said in an earlier post we are all an income/expense report and there are certain things on that sheet that need to go. There are programs in this country that need to go. We have to fix a lot and he is certainly looking and trying to fix it all at a very quick and rapid pace which is also great to see. Does he have nationalistic views....yes he does and thats another thing I love. This world has become so globalized its not good. Its time to worry about the USA and not other countries. 

• Like 1

Bill Clinton created 22 million jobs and had this country booming. The 4 trump idiots on this forum still start threads belittling him and his wife. Almost daily.

trump, the confirmed racist, tax cheat, draft dodger, and womanizer has been president 45 minutes and these same 4 trump idiots think he's Jesus Christ and want you to think that too. They will sell their kids, mother, grandmother and etc to make you believe as them. It's not enough that they believe it.

Conclusion?

These 4 trump idiots don't give a damn about job creation. They don't have a clue about job creation. What they have is a white man cult that they all endorse with their souls.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, noonereal said:

If it works for you, that is good. 

I did find this concerning "God is my guide in that effort.  It's not pulled from thin air"

but the bottom line is if that kind of thing works for you and makes you a responsible member of the tribe, it's better than being a scoundrel or a thief. 

It works for me.  But here's the thing. I'm not so dogmatic to think that my way is THE way to self management.  Others may have methods that are useful and practical to them, and that's ok.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

It works for me.  But here's the thing. I'm not so dogmatic to think that my way isTHE way to self management.  Others may have methods that are useful and practical to them, and that's ok.

as I

i never claim absoluteness in such matters as folks like my good desert buddy Jimbo does

funny thing is, those types see acceptance of differing self  management as a fault when really it's a strength

• Like 1

trump promised the American people 25 million new jobs. He had better pick up the pace. He's betting on the biggest tax cut in our history to carry him over.

That said. If he manages to make it 8 full years and pull it off and we are not death, dumb and blind by then, I will give credit.

Clinton created 22 million jobs with what Reps screamed was the largest tax increase in our history.

Something will give...

1 hour ago, concha said:

Trump has done what exactly that is despotic?

DJT has exhibited numerous such tendencies. I will list a few for you:

1. His constant trashing of the Media.

2. His belief that the FBI head owed him personal loyalty.

3. In the first attempt to implement the Travel Ban, Green Card holders who had been legitimately granted permanent residency status were barred from entering. 

4. The fact that he relishes praise and fawning from his cabinet and congress.

5. His unwarranted attack on the Electoral System, all to satisfy his vain belief that he won the popular vote. It does not matter. He outsmarted HRC's campaign and picked up enough electoral votes to win. But his out sized ego cannot let go the fact she won the popular vote.

I could go on and on. If the USA had weaker institutions and did not have the benefit of 242 years of history in developing them and preserving the rule of law, we would probably be in a very bad place by now. As it is, we already have erosion of many of the most cherished institutions and conventional norms. We will see where this all ends.   

29 minutes ago, RedZone said:

21 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

DJT has exhibited numerous such tendencies. I will list a few for you:

1. His constant trashing of the Media.  Not despotic. Sorry.Pointing out the bullshit of a hostile press and media is not despotic. Squashing the press is. Get a grip.

2. His belief that the FBI head owed him personal loyalty. Belief vs actual actions? Again, get a grip.

3. In the first attempt to implement the Travel Ban, Green Card holders who had been legitimately granted permanent residency status were barred from entering. Corrected. And despotic? Huh?

4. The fact that he relishes praise and fawning from his cabinet and congress. Praise and fawning, huh? We haven't had any other presidents like that, right?

5. His unwarranted attack on the Electoral System, all to satisfy his vain belief that he won the popular vote. It does not matter. He outsmarted HRC's campaign and picked up enough electoral votes to win. But his out sized ego cannot let go the fact she won the popular vote. He doesn't bring it up much at all. In fact the whining about the election tends to come from the left. Hillary about had a breakdown over it. Ego does not equal despot.

I could go on and on. If the USA had weaker institutions and did not have the benefit of 242 years of history in developing them and preserving the rule of law, we would probably be in a very bad place by now. As it is, we already have erosion of many of the most cherished institutions and conventional norms. We will see where this all ends.   

Frankly, the above translating to the below definition is a laughable leap. One wonders what your position is on liberal judge shopping.

adjective

1. of or typical of a despot; tyrannical.
    "a despotic regime"
    synonyms: autocratic, dictatorial, totalitarian, absolutist, undemocratic, unaccountable;

2 minutes ago, concha said:
Frankly, the above translating to the below definition is a laughable leap. One wonders what your position is on liberal judge shopping.

adjective

1. of or typical of a despot; tyrannical.
    "a despotic regime"
    synonyms: autocratic, dictatorial, totalitarian, absolutist, undemocratic, unaccountable;

DJT has exhibited many of the tendencies in the definition. For example: unaccountable - he has not followed the conventional norms of the Presidency by releasing his tax returns and by placing his assets in a blind trust. absolutist - his attempts to throw his own Attorney General under the bus for recusing himself is absolutist. undemocratic - his actions to undermine the free press are undemocratic.

Give him time. I am sure you yourself will eventually come to see what is autocratic in him. By then we may be up the creek, though. 

Just now, DarterBlue said:

DJT has exhibited many of the tendencies in the definition. For example: unaccountable - he has not followed the conventional norms of the Presidency by releasing his tax returns and by placing his assets in a blind trust. absolutist - his attempts to throw his own Attorney General under the bus for recusing himself is absolutist. undemocratic - his actions to undermine the free press are undemocratic.

Give him time. I am sure you yourself will eventually come to see what is autocratic in him. By then we may be up the creek, though. 

You are being absurd.

Not releasing his taxes is tyrannical? Placing his assets in a trust is absolutist?

Commenting on actions of his own employees? Really?

And how has he undermined a free press? How many journalists have been jailed? Threatened? The free press continues to go after him like rabid dogs every day, unhindered.

Read the definition again. You are so far off base here it's comical.