More Good News for America to be Ignored

concha

25 minutes ago, taojoe said:

as Joe Friday would say, "just the facts, ma'am"

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-claims-credit-still-mostly-185032789.html

I state facts.

The author needs to go back years to justify his claims. Trump didn't inherit what happened in 2011 or 2014 or 2015.

He inherited what was happening in January 2017.

Unemployment stagnant

Economic growth actually declining and no 3% growth for 3 years.

Facts. Actual relevant ones.

37 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

I appreciate your input.  But, if the economic indicators continue to do well over his 1st term, would it change your political support for him?  

Do his inept social norms and display outweigh economic results

You ask two related, interesting questions. Here are my answers:

1. I could never give DJT my political support. He just is not the kind of person I could feel comfortable voting or campaigning for. For to do so, I would have to compromise my own integrity and dignity. What does it profit a man ...  If the economic indicators do well over the next three years, I could acknowledge that the policies in the Republican legislation have worked, particularly if these policies provided broad based benefits to a wide variety of Americans. I could even see myself considering casting my vote for a Republican candidate for President. But, no, it could never be Trump.

2. Yes, and inept social norms are being very, very kind. DJT reminds me of some of the worst individuals I have met/known throughout my life. So, I refer you to my answer to the first question above. 

3 minutes ago, concha said:

I state facts.

The author needs to go back years to justify his claims. Trump didn't inherit what happened in 2011 or 2014 or 2015.

He inherited what was happening in January 2017.

Unemployment stagnant

Economic growth actually declining and no 3% growth for 3 years.

Facts. Actual relevant ones.

you have completely lost your mind

Trump inherited a booming, and growing economy. It has continued it's upward trend since he took office.

Obama took office during the worst recession since the Great Depression, which Republicans were responsible for. Obama left Trump with a silver spoon to keep eating from as did Bill Clinton to George W. Bush.

The next recession will occur under Republican leadership. Its coming.

1 minute ago, noonereal said:

you are an idiot too

dude, you cant see straight for your want

your "facts" are always used out of context then steeped in  fallacy to mislead

the really bad part is, you really seem to believe your drivel  

Show how they are out of context, Nooner. Good luck.

You are zero value-added.

19 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

1. I could never give DJT my political support. He just is not the kind of person I could feel comfortable voting or campaigning for. For to do so, I would have to compromise my own integrity and dignity. What does it profit a man ...  If the economic indicators do well over the next three years, I could acknowledge that the policies in the Republican legislation have worked, particularly if these policies provided broad based benefits to a wide variety of Americans. I could even see myself considering casting my vote for a Republican candidate for President. But, no, it could never be Trump.

2. Yes, and inept social norms are being very, very kind. DJT reminds me of some of the worst individuals I have met/known throughout my life. So, I refer you to my answer to the first question above. 

Sounds like you liked Obama and his inviting ways into this country. 

36 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

Thx, my feelings are similar...personal integrity can't be compromised

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, noonereal said:

totally overrated and generally just a self measure to make oneself feel good

I choose to be empathetic and be practical. Rationed. 

No pious adaptations of another's values for me.

Integrity is my personal standard in how I govern my life.   They are my basic tenets of life that I gauge all else from.  

It's not an escapegoat or a cop out, but requires self reflection and fortitude.  It does not mean that practicality, rationality and empathy are not factors in governing my decisions. 

Just now, Horsefly said:

Integrity is my personal standard in how I govern my life.  It's not an escapegoat or a cop out, but requires self reflection and fortitude.  Of course God is my guide in that effort.  It's not pulled from thin air. 

If it works for you, that is good. 

I did find this concerning "God is my guide in that effort.  It's not pulled from thin air"

but the bottom line is if that kind of thing works for you and makes you a responsible member of the tribe, it's better than being a scoundrel or a thief. 

1 hour ago, HSFBfan said:

See i think thats where the left misses out what DJT is about. Its never about looking at the situation and people. Its a business decision. Hes running the country as he would his business. Everything is a dollar. Every deal every decision is based off dollars and cents. If the deal doesnt make sense for the country hes not going to do it. And sometimes you have spend money in order to make money and thats why im ok with the 1T dollar infrastructure deal. Spend the money and go back and recoup it in other ways. 

I must admit HSFB, you depress me when you write stuff like this.  You are much too young to buy into this stunted vision, and I worry there are too many just like you.  Young people are supposed to know that we are intended to be much more than simply consumers or entrepreneurs, more than just shoppers for goods or investors for return.  I encourage you to broaden your aspirations, strive for more meaning, because the themes of life as an endless series of business transactions, buying and investing, are rarely the stuff of which a compelling life narrative is made.

The other day in the MLK thread you mentioned something about how our visionary leaders are often assassinated, here's another one for you:  Bobby Kennedy.  He was killed in part because he said insane stuff like this:

• "Gross National Product counts air pollution and cigarette advertising, and ambulances to clear our highways of carnage. It counts special locks for our doors and the jails for the people who break them. It counts the destruction of the redwood and the loss of our natural wonder in chaotic sprawl. It counts napalm and counts nuclear warheads and armored cars for the police to fight the riots in our cities. It counts Whitman's rifle and Speck's knife, and the television programs which glorify violence in order to sell toys to our children. Yet the gross national product does not allow for the health of our children, the quality of their education or the joy of their play. It does not include the beauty of our poetry or the strength of our marriages, the intelligence of our public debate or the integrity of our public officials. It measures neither our wit nor our courage, neither our wisdom nor our learning, neither our compassion nor our devotion to our country, it measures everything in short, except that which makes life worthwhile. And it can tell us everything about America except why we are proud that we are Americans."

I encourage you to ponder meaning HSFB, both in your personal life and in the broader sense of asking what is the meaning and purpose of America...and then work to go live that.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, 15yds4gibberish said:

I must admit HSFB, you depress me when you write stuff like this.  You are much too young to buy into this stunted vision, and I worry there are too many just like you.  Young people are supposed to know that we are intended to be much more than simply consumers or entrepreneurs, more than just shoppers for goods or investors for return.  I encourage you to broaden your aspirations, strive for more meaning, because the themes of life as an endless series of business transactions, buying and investing, are rarely the stuff of which a compelling life narrative is made.

The other day in the MLK thread you mentioned something about how our visionary leaders are often assassinated, here's another one for you:  Bobby Kennedy.  He was killed in part because he said insane stuff like this:

• "Gross National Product counts air pollution and cigarette advertising, and ambulances to clear our highways of carnage. It counts special locks for our doors and the jails for the people who break them. It counts the destruction of the redwood and the loss of our natural wonder in chaotic sprawl. It counts napalm and counts nuclear warheads and armored cars for the police to fight the riots in our cities. It counts Whitman's rifle and Speck's knife, and the television programs which glorify violence in order to sell toys to our children. Yet the gross national product does not allow for the health of our children, the quality of their education or the joy of their play. It does not include the beauty of our poetry or the strength of our marriages, the intelligence of our public debate or the integrity of our public officials. It measures neither our wit nor our courage, neither our wisdom nor our learning, neither our compassion nor our devotion to our country, it measures everything in short, except that which makes life worthwhile. And it can tell us everything about America except why we are proud that we are Americans."

I encourage you to ponder meaning HSFB, both in your personal life and in the broader sense of asking what is the meaning and purpose of America...and then work to go live that.

Absolutely not. I am a $$ amount to a company and to this world. You work for a company to make profit for said company and in return they give you a paycheck. Thats the way the world works. I may depress you or whatever but why cant you handle reality. Seem to me like I am more of a realist then you are. Thats all life is is one big business transaction all the way to your death and when you die there will be an expense that needs to be paid. When you take the emotion and thats the problem with the world people and i get wrapped up in some things is that people get way too emotionally caught up in situation. The news people watch gets people worked up in a lot of different ways and fuels whatever fire they wanna stroke. How is that quote by Bobby insane?? Also think about it hospitals were once set up as not for profits and for the betterment of humans to recover from whatever illness. Now its a business were they will run all sorts of tests on you to make sure your bill is thru the roof. Everywhere you go and everything you do you are a number and an income/expense chart. Think about all the stores you go too that want you to open an account. They are tracking individuals to know what is being bought and what is not. Everything is set up as an income/expense chart and that is how a country works. There is incomes and there are expenses and when the expense doesnt make sense it has to be cut. 

1 hour ago, HSFBfan said:

Sounds like you liked Obama and his inviting ways into this country. 

I am dense. Explain to me, please, what my answers had to do with liking or, for that matter, disliking Obama?

To be honest, I have never expressed my feelings (negative or positive), for Obama. For I have only started posting on this board since the late spring/summer of last year and Obama and his administration were long gone by then. While the policies of the Obama administration may or may not have something to do with where we are economically and politically, the fact of the matter is there is another occupant in the WH, and looking back longingly or with ridicule on a past administration, while it may be good as an academic exercise, has little to do with what we are confronted with here and now.  

Just now, DarterBlue said:

I am dense. Explain to me, please, what my answers had to do with liking or, for that matter, disliking Obama?

To be honest, I have never expressed my feelings (negative or positive), for Obama. For I have only started posting on this board since the late spring/summer of last year and Obama and his administration were long gone by then. While the policies of the Obama administration may or may not have something to do with where we are economically and politically, the fact of the matter is there is another occupant in the WH, and looking back longingly or with ridicule on a past administration, while it may be good as an academic exercise, has little to do with what we are confronted with here and now.  

Your views of Trump have swayed me to believe that you liked someone like Obama. Just an observation