OT: Calpreps steady as she goes list of 52 schools

golfaddict1

5 year dynasty stats:   Minimum 50 rating (top 180 or so),  minimum sos rating 35,  must have played one OOS opponent, winning record vs. top 1000 opponents, no losses vs. any team rated above 1000.       

Cali  (10):  DLS, Cen10, Mission Viejo, Chaminade, Helix, Serra-Gardena, JSerra-San Juan Capistrano, Rancho Cucamonga, Vista Murrieta and Oaks Christian 

TX  (5):  Allen, Desoto, The Woodlands, Cedar Hill and SLC

OH (5):  St. Edward, Colerain, Moeller, St. Iggy and St. Vincent-St. Mary  (35.2 sos lol)

NJ  (4):  St. Joe's Regional, DBP, Paramus Catholic and Bergen Catholic 

AZ (4):  Chandler, Hamilton, Centennial, Desert Ridge

FL  (3):  Miami Central, STA and AHP 

IN  (3):  Center Grove, Ben Davis and Carmel

GA  (2):  Colquitt County and Norcross 

MD  (2):  Dematha and Our Lady Good Counsel 

OK   (2):  Jenks and Union

MS  (2):   Brandon and South Panola 

Punahou, HI

Valor Christian, CO

Bingham, UT

Hoover, AL

Archbishop Rummel, LA

Trinity, KY

St. Joes Prep, PA

Bentonville, AR 

Loyola Academy, IL

Bell Academy, TN

IMG Academy (4 yrs only, not incl) 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

5 year dynasty stats:   Minimum 50 rating (top 180 or so, right about where teams are irrelevant right Pop?),  minimum sos rating 35,  must have played one OOS opponent, winning record vs. top 1000 opponents, no losses vs. any team rated above 1000.       

Cali  (10):  DLS, Cen10, Mission Viejo, Chaminade, Helix, Serra-Gardena, JSerra-San Juan Capistrano, Rancho Cucamonga, Vista Murrieta and Oaks Christian 

OH (5):  St. Edward, Colerain, Moeller, St. Iggy and St. Vincent-St. Mary  (35.2 sos lol)

AZ  (3):  Chandler, Hamilton and Desert Ridge 

Punahou, HI

Valor Christian, CO

Bingham, UT

Hoover, AL

Archbishop Rummel, LA

Trinity, KY

St. Joes Prep, PA

Bentonville, AR 

Loyola Academy, IL

Bell Academy, TN

IMG Academy (4 yrs only)

In California, Folsom is ahead of Helix, Serra Both), Rancho Cucamonga, Vista Murrieta and Oaks Christian.

I think you missed McDonogh (MD): 56.0 rating, 41.3 schedule strength, plays multiple OOS opponents every year, 14-9 vs. top 1,000, no losses to teams below 1,000

Gonzaga (DC) seems to fit your criteria too: 53.3 rating, 42.2 schedule strength, plays OOS games, 16-13 vs. top 1,000, no losses to teams below 1,000

Good Counsel (MD), who you have listed, is only 14-17 vs. top 1,000 so they'd be out based on non-winning record vs. 1,000

• Like 1

California list interesting --

No SJB (MNC -- no idea what criteria they missed)

no Folsom (top 5 finish)

no Mater Dei

has 2 serras but missing one better than both during timeframe imho 

the only traditional (before '12) PAC 5 teams are Mission Viejo and JSerra

11 hours ago, eaglesinsider said:

I think you missed McDonogh (MD): 56.0 rating, 41.3 schedule strength, plays multiple OOS opponents every year, 14-9 vs. top 1,000, no losses to teams below 1,000

Gonzaga (DC) seems to fit your criteria too: 53.3 rating, 42.2 schedule strength, plays OOS games, 16-13 vs. top 1,000, no losses to teams below 1,000

Good Counsel (MD), who you have listed, is only 14-17 vs. top 1,000 so they'd be out based on non-winning record vs. 1,000

Thx!  I will redo the whole thing now and I may tinker with the criteria to get the list to near 50 only, but it's a fine line as at some point the sos would remove a number of state reps and I like the list with this many state reps.   

10 hours ago, Pops said:

California list interesting --

No SJB (MNC -- no idea what criteria they missed)

no Folsom (top 5 finish)

no Mater Dei

has 2 serras but missing one better than both during timeframe imho 

the only traditional (before '12) PAC 5 teams are Mission Viejo and JSerra

SJB and Folsom I think lost to a 1000+ team in last 5 years... or I erred.  Too busy now to check all.   I think the criteria goes along with the steady as she goes idea I had, which is it may not even be a state champ on the list but in the past 5 years they have performed well above avg. and took in an OOS opponent to boot.  

16 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

SJB and Folsom I think lost to a 1000+ team in last 5 years... or I erred.  Too busy now to check all.   I think the criteria goes along with the steady as she goes idea I had, which is it may not even be a state champ on the list but in the past 5 years they have performed well above avg. and took in an OOS opponent to boot.  

Folsom did last year (sacramento hs)

SJB has but only because they had to forfeit some games in '12 

4 minutes ago, Pops said:

Folsom did last year (sacramento hs)

SJB has but only because they had to forfeit some games in '12 

Aha, good to know.  So actually they didn't lose on the field to a 1000+ , will note that.  Probably some other schools in that same boat.  Shit, I guess it won't be accurate.  

On 12/25/2016 at 9:49 AM, golfaddict1 said:

5 year dynasty stats:   Minimum 50 rating (top 180 or so),  minimum sos rating 35,  must have played one OOS opponent, winning record vs. top 1000 opponents, no losses vs. any team rated above 1000.       

AZ (4):  Chandler, Hamilton, Centennial, Desert Ridge

Punahou, HI

Valor Christian, CO

Bingham, UT

Hoover, AL

Archbishop Rummel, LA

Trinity, KY

St. Joes Prep, PA

Bentonville, AR 

Loyola Academy, IL

Bell Academy, TN

IMG Academy (4 yrs only, not incl) 

Looks pretty darn good. 

3 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

Aha, good to know.  So actually they didn't lose on the field to a 1000+ , will note that.  Probably some other schools in that same boat.  Shit, I guess it won't be accurate.  

I either forgot or didn't know SJB in '12

their emergence as a national or even state power was '13 as they were first to embrace socal's new more lenient transfer rules

but looked it up because I knew your list only goes back to '12 and was wondering who they could have lost to -- knew ratings or SOS wasn't an issue

Just realized CP has switched the dynasty 5 year rating to 2013 on... meaning it's only showing a 4 year period now.  The original list I stand by (but I did not exclude forfeit losses).  

The original list is 2012 thru 2016.   Currently, it's showing 2013 thru 2016.    I'll do another list but I think my list above was accurate for 12 thru 16.   

At this point I'll add IMG.