Trumps disrespect of our military

TheBlockIsHot

"Trump attacked a gold star family. Said McCain was not a war hero. He liked people that weren't caught. After Stern asked about his 5 deferments trump said. He slept with many women without getting STDs. “It is my personal Vietnam,” he said. “I feel like a great and very brave soldier.” Trump claimed he knew more about ISIS than the generals. He said that he “felt that I was in the military” because as a boy he went to a military-themed boarding school, where he got “more training militarily than a lot of the guys that go into the military. BTW He was sent to military school by his parents as a punishment after getting kicked out of the private school he was in. He accepted a wounded-in-action veteran’s Purple Heart, saying: “I always wanted to get the Purple Heart. This was much easier.” He suggested troops responsible for distributing cash in Iraq and Afghanistan had stolen the money, saying, “I think they’re living very well right now, whoever they may be,” and “those soldiers — I wouldn’t be that surprised if the cash didn’t get there.” Though Trump talks often about veterans, he didn’t make good on a promised contribution to veterans charities after a fundraiser this year until The Post noted his failure to do so. (Years ago, he opposed veterans working as street vendors on New York’s Fifth Avenue, calling it “deplorable” to have them on the “prestigious shopping street.” Trump has called John Allen, the retired officer who coordinated efforts against the Islamic State and now backs Hillary Clinton, a “failed general.” And, though Trump said at Wednesday’s forum that the “body language” of the intelligence officials in his security briefings indicated they disagree with Obama administration policies, he previously said he didn’t trust U.S. intelligence officials. Ok let's talk some more about Obama disrespecting our military."

3 minutes ago, TheBlockIsHot said:

"Trump attacked a gold star family. Said McCain was not a war hero. He liked people that weren't caught. After Stern asked about his 5 deferments trump said. He slept with many women without getting STDs. “It is my personal Vietnam,” he said. “I feel like a great and very brave soldier.” Trump claimed he knew more about ISIS than the generals. He said that he “felt that I was in the military” because as a boy he went to a military-themed boarding school, where he got “more training militarily than a lot of the guys that go into the military. BTW He was sent to military school by his parents as a punishment after getting kicked out of the private school he was in. He accepted a wounded-in-action veteran’s Purple Heart, saying: “I always wanted to get the Purple Heart. This was much easier.” He suggested troops responsible for distributing cash in Iraq and Afghanistan had stolen the money, saying, “I think they’re living very well right now, whoever they may be,” and “those soldiers — I wouldn’t be that surprised if the cash didn’t get there.” Though Trump talks often about veterans, he didn’t make good on a promised contribution to veterans charities after a fundraiser this year until The Post noted his failure to do so. (Years ago, he opposed veterans working as street vendors on New York’s Fifth Avenue, calling it “deplorable” to have them on the “prestigious shopping street.” Trump has called John Allen, the retired officer who coordinated efforts against the Islamic State and now backs Hillary Clinton, a “failed general.” And, though Trump said at Wednesday’s forum that the “body language” of the intelligence officials in his security briefings indicated they disagree with Obama administration policies, he previously said he didn’t trust U.S. intelligence officials. Ok let's talk some more about Obama disrespecting our military."

Stfu like u care. 

2 minutes ago, concha said:

Funny.

Per The Military Times, our folks in uniform view Trump far more favorably than the last guy.

Carry on.

Opinion of Soldiers in uniform does not change Trumps act of disrespect to the military. Most educated military officers would agree. 90 percent of the military is enlisted Soldiers. Much of the enlisted ranks are uneducated. That is ripe for Trumpism.

8 minutes ago, TheBlockIsHot said:

Opinion of Soldiers in uniform does not change Trumps act of disrespect to the military. Most educated military officers would agree. 90 percent of the military is enlisted Soldiers. Much of the enlisted ranks are uneducated. That is ripe for Trumpism.

You are a fucking idiot uneducate by balls. 

1 minute ago, Drummer61 said:

Explain,with examples, how he attacked a gold star family

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/31/politics/donald-trump-khizr-khan-family-controversy/index.html

Let me guess? It's ALL fake news!!!!!!!!! LOL!

Trump also made fun of McCain for getting captured, stating, "I like people who weren't captured!"

Is that fake too?

Cut from the MT article back in Oct:

"The views shifted depending on which service members were surveyed, though. While 48% of enlisted troops said they approved of Trump,  only 30% of officers held a favorable opinion of the commander-in-chief.

Per the poll, 53% of officers said they had unfavorable views of Trump."

this is not very strong support, especially among officers.  As a retired officer, I concur.

• Haha 3

Just now, Horsefly said:

"The views shifted depending on which service members were surveyed, though. While 48% of enlisted troops said they approved of Trump,  only 30% of officers held a favorable opinion of the commander-in-chief.

this is not very strong support, especially among officers.

@concha read a military times article and concluded that all troops loved Trump. LOL!

3 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

this is not very strong support, especially among officers.  As a retired officer, I concur.

Elitism?

15 minutes ago, concha said:

Elitism?

In the officer professional corps we have a lot of pride.

It was very insulting for him to say he knows more than our Generals (this right here was the single deal breaker)  berated a POW and ridiculed a Gold Star family. 

the military is a very conservative institution, the support should be overwhelming.

43 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

I still dont care for McCain, never did and do not view him as any hero......Berrating "McCain may not be the correct word...He said, "I like guys who were not captured".... Bad taste and not a compliant, but didn't really disparage... nobama was also, with Beau Bergdahl and his family,  so sympathetic and even contrite, I found  it sickening....... Bergdahl who was an outright punk deserter, should have been executed by firing squad...Both were foolish but I found nobama to be much more offensive in the way he and dept of the Army handled that one..Ed Slovak was executed in WW 2, Beau Bergdahl should have joined Pvt Slovak..

Here were his comments.     He’s not a war hero,” said Trump. “He was a war hero because he was captured. I like people who weren’t captured.”

That is belittling and is a line HE should have not crossed as someone who never served.

the rest of your stuff about Bergdhl and Obama is totally irrelevant as we are talking Trump and his popularity in the military. Stay on topic!