2018 Grayson Schedule

TheXFactor

9 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Dude it might as well be a home game... 

These Gwinnett Schools are literally playing in each others backyard...  

I mean not literally but they are set up for success... 

Grayson could literally build a schedule and never leave the county... 

Theres over 40 HS in Gwinnett County and they're all in like 10-45 miles of each other. 

All of them but 1 are 7A... 

Buford is a city school they are not counted apart of the county system... 

Buford(5A)

Greater Atlanta Christian(3A) and Wesleyen(1A)-Privates 

Are the only non-7A schools. 

That means their are 40 other High Schools with 7A enrollment-2100 or higher... 

Mill Creek is the largest in Gwinnett with over what was it 4K or 5K. 

Believe it or not theres still not enough HS's in Gwinnett... 

Alot of there schools have Trailors because they arent expanding fast enough... 

I'm thinking you might have been enjoying a few libations before you wrote this.  There are 19 or 20 public football playing high schools in the Gwinnett school system plus Buford which is a city school.  I don't remember for sure but I think there a 3 GCPS schools that don't play in 7A.  There are 3 or 4 larger privates that draw players - GAC, Wesleyan, Providence and Hebron.  There are several more small privates that may or may not have a good player.  The *might* be 40 schools that have high school age kids but that includes small privates that have just a handful.

You are correct that most of the schools are large to very large and that many but not all have trailers.  Before Archer opened we had 50 and now we are down to 25-30.  I haven't counted recently.  We have an addition planned for the grassy area between the school and the stadium.  Mill Creek and Norcross were the two largest are around 4k but we don't have any at 5K.  There are several others that are right behind MC and Norcross and yes we are still building schools rapidly.

Oh, I forgot to respond to the home game question.  I think this game is on a Saturday.  It will take 30-45 minutes to get there depending on which way the buses go, maybe an hour.  To the best of my knowledge, I don't think we have ever played at Buford's stadium so it will be new to use.  I think Buford is a turf field while we are grass.  Sometimes I think if you have to load up and take your show on the road even if it is only 10 miles that it disrupts the flow enough to not be called a home game.  Sure there is a difference in the miles covered and I don't deny that or the impact of it.  I doubt we have the same crowd support we would have at home.

14 minutes ago, Fred said:

Oh, I forgot to respond to the home game question.  I think this game is on a Saturday.  It will take 30-45 minutes to get there depending on which way the buses go, maybe an hour.  To the best of my knowledge, I don't think we have ever played at Buford's stadium so it will be new to use.  I think Buford is a turf field while we are grass.  Sometimes I think if you have to load up and take your show on the road even if it is only 10 miles that it disrupts the flow enough to not be called a home game.  Sure there is a difference in the miles covered and I don't deny that or the impact of it.  I doubt we have the same crowd support we would have at home.

How does Grayson usually fare on turf?

20 minutes ago, Fred said:

I'm thinking you might have been enjoying a few libations before you wrote this.  There are 19 or 20 public football playing high schools in the Gwinnett school system plus Buford which is a city school.  I don't remember for sure but I think there a 3 GCPS schools that don't play in 7A.  There are 3 or 4 larger privates that draw players - GAC, Wesleyan, Providence and Hebron.  There are several more small privates that may or may not have a good player.  The *might* be 40 schools that have high school age kids but that includes small privates that have just a handful.

You are correct that most of the schools are large to very large and that many but not all have trailers.  Before Archer opened we had 50 and now we are down to 25-30.  I haven't counted recently.  We have an addition planned for the grassy area between the school and the stadium.  Mill Creek and Norcross were the two largest are around 4k but we don't have any at 5K.  There are several others that are right behind MC and Norcross and yes we are still building schools rapidly.

This is the same thing I said to him... The math isnt even close to adding up... If it did thatd mean like 85% of 7A is from Gwinnett..,

1 hour ago, ECHS05 said:

This math doesnt add up at all.... Theres most definitely not 40 HSs in Gwinnett Co.

You say all but 1 (you then listed 2) are in 7A... But theres only 48 teams in 7A.. Thatd mean at minimum 39 of the 48 7A teams would be from Gwinnett and thats not even close to true...

Here are the schools in 7A from Gwinnett...

North Gwinnett

Grayson

Brookwood

Archer

Parkview

Mill Creek

Norcross

Mountain View

Collins Hill

Central Gwinnett

South Gwinnett

Meadowcreek

Peachtree Ridge

Shiloh

Duluth

Discovery

Berkmar

Thats 17 schools in 7A are located in Gwinnett.

Theres 17 Gwinnett schools in 7A.

4 hours ago, Fred said:

The game is on Friday September 7th two weeks after the  Geico Kickoff  on ESPN

5 hours ago, Fred said:

Come on, are you seriously suggesting that your fanbase won’t drive 17 miles to see their Rams play an OOS game against a non-ISB team?

Hard to believe that, or, maybe, I just don’t know Georgia football. 🤔

23 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

They get Tucker, Colquitt and Archer at home.

Smart.............

Rufus>>

I see that their coach is trying to be slick! Knowing full well that Spring games are invaluable with regards to assessing talent! He cancels at the last minute with Colquitt, and schedules another quality scrimmage opponent! All the while, leaving Colquitt scrambling for a replacement!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fred said:

If you DO, they'll be standing up! BOOfart only has 4500 seats!

5 hours ago, Fred said:

Mack Tharpe is FIVE miles from their high school! Same for Tift and Valdosta!

21 minutes ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

Buford has a grass field??? Wtf all bets are off

• Buford City Schools – Buford, GA
    Buford High School Practice Football Field and Band Field (synthetic turf- FieldTurf USA), May 2010

This is on "sportsturf.net/projects... Why would Bufords practice field and "band field" have turf... But not the actual football stadium.

1 minute ago, ECHS05 said:
  • Buford City Schools – Buford, GA
    Buford High School Practice Football Field and Band Field (synthetic turf- FieldTurf USA), May 2010

This is on "sportsturf.net/projects... Why would Bufords practice field and "band field" have turf... But not the actual football stadium.

No way this is grass....

Rec.fields002.jpg

1 hour ago, Wosinc said:

Come on, are you seriously suggesting that your fanbase won’t drive 17 miles to see their Rams play an OOS game against a non-ISB team?

Gwinnett Co. may have the largest concentration of best teams in GA... But their fans also have the reputation of being the least loyal.. Or the worst traveling. 

However, plenty of Grayson fans will be there. Grayson travelled well to Hoover. Idk how well they travelled to LA couldnt tell.

3 hours ago, Wosinc said:

17 miles but if it is indeed on a Friday night it is an hour to an hour and a half to get there.  Couple that with commute time to get home and then turn around and head to the game and no, we won't have the crowd we will have at home.  I hate it but it is the way it is.  I hate when we are on TV for the same reason.  People tend to stay home. :(

3 hours ago, ORabidOne said:

I see that their coach is trying to be slick! Knowing full well that Spring games are invaluable with regards to assessing talent! He cancels at the last minute with Colquitt, and schedules another quality scrimmage opponent! All the while, leaving Colquitt scrambling for a replacement!

Nope.  The coach had nothing to do with that from what I hear.  If we canceled at the last minute it woudn't have been at the first of February for a May date.

3 hours ago, ORabidOne said:

Yet, the GHSA sits there with their fingers up their ass! John Ford at BOOfart, can't seem to coach without a transfer QB! He's had three in three years there and at Roswell!

Said the shill for a team whose QB last year that took them to the championship game was a transfer.  And yes, I get that he came from Michigan but he was a transfer none the less.

1 hour ago, ECHS05 said:

Gwinnett Co. may have the largest concentration of best teams in GA... But their fans also have the reputation of being the least loyal.. Or the worst traveling. 

However, plenty of Grayson fans will be there. Grayson travelled well to Hoover. Idk how well they travelled to LA couldnt tell.

Oh I think we will probably fill the visitor stands but that is a lot different from filling our home stands.  I was a little surprised how well we did travel to Hoover.  I didn't count but I'm thinking there were 100 +/- in LA.  I know a lot of families couldn't travel because of commitments with other other kids and just the expense of going.  We were spread out so it was tough to get a real feel how many of us were there.

7 hours ago, Fred said:

Color me surprised!  I thought I had heard Buford had turf on their field.  After the comments and pictures I looked at Google maps.  I don't know how old the picture is but it is clearly grass.  @BUFORDGAWOLVES, can you answer for sure for us?

Grass on the stadium, turf on practice field, turf on multi purpose open air fields, concierge and valet.:ph34r:

Tons of parking.

• Haha 1