2018 Grayson Schedule

TheXFactor

2 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Bet they’re missing Franklin Stephens. 

Ya... I think Olten Downs would be a great fit at Tucker.

Tucker actually signed 17 kids to the next level this class... 8 of them FBS... I think they are going to fall off... This shouldve been their year, they were loaded. They most definitely underachieved. A decent HC at the helm in Tucker wouldve smashed everyone this year with all that talent.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, TheXFactor said:

@ECHS05What do you think Grayson will go this year .. i gotem going 8-2 with loses to either Bergen Catholic, Archer, Marietta, or Colquitt 

8-2 sounds about right.... Outside of that group of 4, Tucker or Newton would have the only other chance to beat them and its not likely either of them do.

--- a lot of this is going to come down to who Graysons starting QB is... Atlien says they are getting a transfer, but who is it? I dont think they have anyone great on the roster right now...---

Lets look at those 4 big games though...

@ Marietta (ESPN) - its truly hard to say at this point, because you dont know if either team is done with transfers or what... But Id call this game straight up 50/50 at this point..... On a side note, what a great game to be on ESPN to perfectly showcase 2 Top 5 GA teams.

Vs. Bergen Catholic NJ (@ Buford HS) - If Im being honest, Idk what to expect here... BC has a great coaching staff and program... Id give Grayson a 51-55% chance to win. But it can go either way. Idk what BC has at QB next year but I know they have 2 good RBs returning with a lot of experience... Give me Grayson 24-21 here.

Vs Colquitt Co. - I know this is in Grayson but Colquitt proved being on the road in Atlanta doesnt bother them at all. I feel like Colquitt will get revenge for that 49-21 ass stomping Grayson put on Colquitt in 2016...  This game is a few weeks into the seasonn giving Colquitts new starting QB much needed time to gain experience before Grayson.....Give me Colquitt 31-24

Vs Archer - thisll be another very close down to the wire game like last year... Interested to see who Archers new QB will be... Theyve not had a great QB since Gabe Tiller in 2014... IMO... Grayson gets revenge for the 6-3 loss last year...

41 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

Will Grayson be making return trip to BC in 19? 

I doubt it...  This isnt a home game for Grayson, its at Buford HS as part of a double-header Buford is hosting (Buford plays Deerfield Beach FL)... So its not really a home & home... Although its possible Grayson makes the return trip.

1 minute ago, ECHS05 said:

I doubt it...  This isnt a home game for Grayson, its at Buford HS as part of the "Freedom Bowl"... So its not really a home & home... Although its possible.

I think the AD said one year deal but we were talking about several things and I might have gotten it wrong.

2 minutes ago, Fred said:

I think the AD said one year deal but we were talking about several things and I might have gotten it wrong.

Things like that usually are a 1 year deal....

Although, a lot of times when a team hosts a double-header... The next year the teams switch opponents... So in 2019 maybe Buford would play Bergen Catholic & Grayson would play Deerfield Beach.

4 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Things like that usually are a 1 year deal....

Although, a lot of times when a team hosts a double-header... The next year the teams switch opponents... So in 2019 maybe Buford would play Bergen Catholic & Grayson would play Deerfield Beach.

We've played Deerfield and won.  I guess we could have another go at them.

2 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

You’re joking right? Buford is 17.5 Miles from Grayson. BC is 850 miles from Buford. 

.... Wow, look whos getting defensive.

Its in Georgia, and not far from Grayson... But its STILL NOT A HOME GAME FOR THEM.

The entire purpose of me saying that, is this isnt a normal home & home... Its part of a double-header hosted by Buford (aka not at Grayson aka not technically a home game for Grayson seeing as how Bufords stadium/field isnt Graysons home field) ... Therefore I doubt Grayson is coming up there as this is an event of sorts...

15 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

.... Wow, look whos getting defensive.

Its in Georgia, and not far from Grayson... But its STILL NOT A HOME GAME FOR THEM.

The entire purpose of me saying that, is this isnt a normal home & home... Its part of a double-header hosted by Buford (aka not at Grayson aka not technically a home game for Grayson seeing as how Bufords stadium/field isnt Graysons home field) ... Therefore I doubt Grayson is coming up there as this is an event of sorts...

I understand the last paragraph but saying Grayson isn’t home sounds goofy considering how far BC is coming from .... 

that’s like saying mater dei wasn’t home against BC because the game was at mission Viejo. 

41 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

I understand the last paragraph but saying Grayson isn’t home sounds goofy considering how far BC is coming from .... 

that’s like saying mater dei wasn’t home against BC because the game was at mission Viejo. 

Its not at Graysons home field, so technically it isnt a home game.. It may be very close to them, but its at a school & field they NEVER play at. 

But like I said, the reason for the "not a home game" part.. Was because its an "event" and that usually means no return trip and its a 1 year deal.

Moving on... How good will BC be in '18 and whos their QB? It looks like thats their only worry. The rest of the team looks very solid.

52 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

Dude it might as well be a home game... 

These Gwinnett Schools are literally playing in each others backyard...  

I mean not literally but they are set up for success... 

Grayson could literally build a schedule and never leave the county... 

Theres over 40 HS in Gwinnett County and they're all in like 10-45 miles of each other. 

All of them but 1 are 7A... 

Buford is a city school they are not counted apart of the county system... 

Buford(5A)

Greater Atlanta Christian(3A) and Wesleyen(1A)-Privates 

Are the only non-7A schools. 

That means their are 40 other High Schools with 7A enrollment-2100 or higher... 

Mill Creek is the largest in Gwinnett with over what was it 4K or 5K. 

Believe it or not theres still not enough HS's in Gwinnett... 

Alot of there schools have Trailors because they arent expanding fast enough... 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Theres over 40 HS in Gwinnett County and they're all in like 10-45 miles of each other. 

Buford(5A)

Doubtful you will EVER see a trailer at Buford. But yes Gwinnett is growing..

7 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Moving on... How good will BC be in '18 and whos their QB? It looks like thats their only worry. The rest of the team looks very solid.

Too early to tell on boels the projected qb. I haven’t seen him play to be honest. Grayson will be Vito’s first game  so it’s certainly a difficult test in hostile territory. I was told Grayson has 18 D1 kids so BC will have their hands full .....

1 hour ago, Mjd33 said:

Too early to tell on boels the projected qb. I haven’t seen him play to be honest. Grayson will be Vito’s first game  so it’s certainly a difficult test in hostile territory. I was told Grayson has 18 D1 kids so BC will have their hands full .....

They have 14 players with FBS offers in just their rising Senior (2019) class... 

(Just rising Senior class below)

5* OLB Owen Pappoe - #1 OLB Nationally ; 41 FBS offers (became 1st Freshman ever invited to The Opening)

4* OT Wanya Morris - #12 OT Nationally ; 23 FBS Offers

4* OLB Kevin Harris - #9 OLB Nationally ; 20 FBS Offers

4* S Kenyatta Watson II - #13 S Nationally ; 37 FBS Offers

4* WR Kenyon Jackson - #44 WR Nationally ; 21 FBS Offers

4* OT Trente Jones - #36 OT Nationally ; 16 FBS Offers

4* ATH Ronald Thompkins - #24 ATH Nationally ; 13 FBS Offers

3* DT Tru Thompson - #23 DT Nationally ; FSU Commit

3* CB Jalen Alexander - #46 CB Nationally ; 20 FBS Offers

3* C Jakai Clark - #7 C Nationally ; 6 FBS Offers

OLB Allen Smith - 10 FBS Offers

S Jeremiah Smith - 8 FBS Offers

WR/S Keelan Marion - 2 FBS Offers

OL Chilton Tolliver - UTEP Offer

8 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Buford(5A)

This math doesnt add up at all.... Theres most definitely not 40 HSs in Gwinnett Co.

You say all but 1 (you then listed 2) are in 7A... But theres only 48 teams in 7A.. Thatd mean at minimum 39 of the 48 7A teams would be from Gwinnett and thats not even close to true...

Here are the schools in 7A from Gwinnett...

North Gwinnett

Grayson

Brookwood

Archer

Parkview

Mill Creek

Norcross

Mountain View

Collins Hill

Central Gwinnett

South Gwinnett

Meadowcreek

Peachtree Ridge

Shiloh

Duluth

Discovery

Berkmar

Thats 17 schools in 7A are located in Gwinnett.

1 hour ago, Mjd33 said:

Grayson as of now... Has no legit QB.

Rumors of a transfer coming in... Nothing concrete on who it is yet though.