Things that make you go Hmmm...

NotBigdaddybloom

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I already posted the numbers as best I could calculate using a calculator and I included that link somewhere after. I can't dispute or disagree with the numbers. Apparently they have been tracking them well enough. IDC whether it's a left leaning site or not. Just a site with numbers and explanation as to where they come from is fine enough by me. Something that can be checked or verified. 

"Since Trump took office there has been 138 mass casualty deaths, and 71 injured in mass casualty shooting events.

362 total mass casualty deaths through Obama's 8 years with 24 injured in mass casualty shooting events.

Taken from Mother Jones which includes the dates, casualties and locations of the events. 

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2012/12/mass-shootings-mother-jones-full-data/

Trump is almost halfway there in one year. Since we like blaming the presidents for this type shit. 

If you can find another site that posts this type of research that you prefer or trust more than Mother Jones, please do. " 

The math was my own using the Mother Jones chart and entering into my calculator. I could be off a couple here or there, but the result is still, in one year in office, Trump has presided over close to half the number of total injured/dead and not far from half of the dead. Period. 

The numbers prior to Obama will probably be off because Obama his own self changed the definition of "mass shooting", unless Mother Jones retroactively applied his definitions to the previous years. Idk because they don't offer an explanation or key. 

You asked for sources and I provided the sources used for that meme. You may not like the sources or the message it provides, but it is what it is.

Look I don't really believe in coincidences. For the young man from the left coast who was interviewed/auditioned by CBS, to move to a school that happens to get shot up by a known threat to not only local law enforcement but also the FBI...IDK

and where is the anger toward the FBI? Why is everything about the gun? This is why I started this thread...things that should make you say hmmm

2 minutes ago, NotBigdaddybloom said:

Look I don't really believe in coincidences. For the young man from the left coast who was interviewed/auditioned by CBS, to move to a school that happens to get shot up by a known threat to not only local law enforcement but also the FBI...IDK

and where is the anger toward the FBI? Why is everything about the gun? This is why I started this thread...things that should make you say hmmm

Normally the FBI would be getting crushed for their incompetence in this.  But right now the Left loves the FBI - who would have thunk it.

5 hours ago, RedZone said:

I think concha was a russian national sent to prepgridiron.com by putin. I busted his ass back to russia.

#beria

xD

Has he posted since??

Funny thing is I first 'met' Concha on Yappi about 10 years ago...and he's been rockin the #beria avatar consistently since rivals and  DJ's NHSFB boards for several years....

would be pretty amazing if he were really a plant :ph34r:....

Unless somebody 'hijacked' his ID, I think it would be kind of hard to pull off...maybe we should quiz him on Ohio vs Don Bosco games when he posts again xD...

I always give the benefit of the doubt, and did not think twice about it (I rocked the ResidentTroll ID as antitheses) but interesting enough his id here is screwy....

Beria.thumb.jpg.786f0161b45224c9b4cd0923

concha

Members

• Content count

December 2, 2016
  • Last visited

November 28, 2017
  • Days Won

Last visited shows 11/28/17 yet his last 'real' post was Monday night when you called him out on the #beria display....Co-inkydink???

what was the name of this thread again?

Things that make you go Hmmm...xD

I say if this ID is a plant...just fess up, hang out, and tell us how the Russians 'really feel'.....

LOL

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Well hell no! That would be being honest and forthcoming. Something 97% of you nitwits are not. 

Y'all love to post memes and other bullshit lies almost daily on here and circle jerk around them with likes, laughing emojis and commentary. Why should any other poster come on here and post anything honest at all? 

You are the first poster to offer reputation to some of the most ridiculous stuff with... yep, you guessed it, NO PROOF OR VALIDATION. 

And now you have the nerve to require someone to provide numbers or examples? 

*In my nicest telephone voice* GTFO with your bullshit. 

I'm gonna retire and just read your responses. You are gonna give me an Ulcer from the strain of laughing my ass off at your fed up responses with this sheer Ignorance.  Obama, Muslim, Marxist, Alinksy,  On and on.  For the record I am all in with Saul Alinksy too. Because I have actually read his book Rules for Radicals and it's not what the NeaderThugs believe it is. 

Alinsky Quote  Dude was a genius even said so by Republicans and his enemies that hated equality.  

"A racially integrated community is a chronological term timed from the entrance of the first black family to the exit of the last white family.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, NotBigdaddybloom said:

He didn't move for Christ's sake. 

I posted the real news story. 

Stop being dumb. 

2 hours ago, NotBigdaddybloom said:

You asked for sources and I provided the sources used for that meme. You may not like the sources or the message it provides, but it is what it is.

Did you count the number of shootings listed from 2008 to 2016 in the Mother Jones listing? 

I count 40.

That's a long damned way off from whatever hundred and lie numbers in that lying ass meme.

All these things on here by Right leaning Posters have made me go HMMMMM, Well Damn, unbelievable, WTF, Hell No. Really that damn stupid etc. NOPE NOPE & NOPE

1) The NRA helped Blacks gain arms against the KLAN.  (Except that time when Dr. King applied to carry a Handgun for protection) :D(HMMMM) 

2) Obama never talked to families of School Shootings (Well Damn)

3) A 9mm would be more effective in School shootings than a AR-15 because the kid was probably shooting in the air (Yea forget the 29 shot and 17 killed)  (WTF) 

4) The FBI was too busy targeting President Sore Chins and allowed this to happen:  (Yea because Mueller would have been investigating the Kid instead we can forget all the other agents) Hell he is not even in the FBI NOW (Really that damn Stupid)

5) Fox News doesn't  lie in their telecasts (This was actually believed) (Unbelievable) 

6) Per Capita wise our kids are just as Likely to be mass murdered in School by a black kids as they are by a young white Kid: (NOPE NOPE & NOPE)

7) Saul Alinsky was the worst human ever (He wasn't not even close) 

• Haha 1

40 mass shootings in 8 entire years, starting in February of '08 until August of '16.

Since Trump has been in office, just barely over 1 year... 13. One was the single deadliest. If he's in for 8 years, and we see the continuance of these types of numbers, there is a chance that he may hit 80+ which would still only be half of the number your stupid lying meme claims Obama presided over. 

Dammit. It's a lot of work trying to verify these stupid memes and lies these guys post on here. 

I swear, I try to give benefit of a doubt, I was even cross checking the Mother Jones data with the Wiki listings to make sure that they weren't posting different shootings. I must be a damned idiot. I'm not even the one posting the damned lying ass memes. 

This guy posts the meme, then posts "proof" but never verified it was really proof. Expects me or someone else to do it. 

xD

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

40 mass shootings in 8 entire years, starting in February of '08 until August of '16.

Since Trump has been in office, just barely over 1 year... 13. One was the single deadliest. If he's in for 8 years, and we see the continuance of these types of numbers, there is a chance that he may hit 80+ which would still only be half of the number your stupid lying meme claims Obama presided over. 

You are speaking into this sir:  They also don't think suicide is a more serious problem of Gun violence only homicides in Chicago. 

Image result for empty well meme

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Dammit. It's a lot of work trying to verify these stupid memes and lies these guys post on here. 

I swear, I try to give benefit of a doubt, I was even cross checking the Mother Jones data with the Wiki listings to make sure that they weren't posting different shootings. I must be a damned idiot. I'm not even the one posting the damned lying ass memes. 

This guy posts the meme, then posts "proof" but never verified it was really proof. Expects me or someone else to do it. 

xD

Image result for NOW THATS FUNNY

2 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

This came 2 hours and 8 posts after Hawg explained the meme. 

That's discouraging. 

That's why I feel like I have to just disallow such nonsense in the future. If I can't verify the info pretty quickly or the poster isn't providing verification on something like that, I don't think we should let it stand and proliferate on this website. If Facebook and others want it to be on theirs that's fine. 

Even YouTube took the mess off their listing 3 hours after it showed up and it got reported.

1 minute ago, DevilDog said:

Image result for NOW THATS FUNNY

Hell, I did the leg work on the teenager that he was character assassinating for him and he still couldn't be bothered to even read it. 

He just posted a page back about too much of a coincidence that the kid was on video in Cali before moving to Florida and being a victim in a shooting. 

After I posted the real news story a post or three below his initial posting of the lie. 

That's the ignorance that is a problem right there. Even now, he's probably on Face Book clicking on stupid lies and more links to the same mess. Passed right by the news story presented though. Right by it. 

o.O

Like wtf?! 

5 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

That's why I feel like I have to just disallow such nonsense in the future. If I can't verify the info pretty quickly or the poster isn't providing verification on something like that, I don't think we should let it stand and proliferate on this website. If Facebook and others want it to be on theirs that's fine. 

Even YouTube took the mess off their listing 3 hours after it showed up and it got reported.

I have never seen a President in my lifetime show this emotion over kids being mass murdered and he didn't have written notes like the one held today:   Notice he calls out Chicago and Congress and the lies of the Gun Lobby. This is having conviction.  I don't remember any family members being pissed at him over these instances like they are right now.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Hell, I did the leg work on the teenager that he was character assassinating for him and he still couldn't be bothered to even read it. 

He just posted a page back about too much of a coincidence that the kid was on video in Cali before moving to Florida and being a victim in a shooting. 

After I posted the real news story a post or three below his initial posting of the lie. 

That's the ignorance that is a problem right there. Even now, he's probably on Face Book clicking on stupid lies and more links to the same mess. Passed right by the news story presented though. Right by it. 

o.O

Like wtf?! 

I can't take it anymore.  I bet they think Obama was a weak ass liberal for shedding those tears.  I am sure of it. 

Image result for YOU GONNA MAKE ME PEE

12 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

xD

I don't like seeing you so frustrated. It's not your style.

You can't correct everyone's mistakes. You can't even correct all the really bad ones.

Not that you asked, but I would tell you to do what you can and then let it go when you start to feel heated. 

20 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Maybe a principle like that would be good to follow.

But that would create more work for you. And not to be too much of a defeatist, but don't a lot of these guys seek that kind of information out? It's like confirmation bias taken to the extreme. How else do they all have so many dumb memes at their fingertips? 

So you might ask who would really benefit from a website ban on fake news.

• Haha 1

just two quick points .....

1) when discussing 'modern day' issues, it's pretty futile to think comparing anything to the past or Obama buys you anything. This administration's work will stand on it's own successes and failures....to say it's 'better than this' or 'worse than that' will be of no solace, and I can only view such comparisons as a 'cop out'....

2) the other comparison I find 'off' is between murders and suicides...I have a belief that if someone really wanted to off themselves (depending on circumstance) to some degree they have that 'right' (not that I would not do everything in my power to convince them otherwise or help them find a better solution). So yes to me, murder is infinitely worse than suicides (no comparison). Murder/suicides are the worst as the exponential result of two wrongs multiplied (sorry DD just calling them as I see them)

Just another .02 cents in 'the well'... 

10 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

Maybe a principle like that would be good to follow.

But that would create more work for you. And not to be too much of a defeatist, but don't a lot of these guys seek that kind of information out? It's like confirmation bias taken to the extreme. How else do they all have so many dumb memes at their fingertips? 

So you might ask who would really benefit from a website ban on fake news.

Not nearly the same amount of work as trying to verify all the crud. 

It's actually not every meme that bothers me. This one was character assassinating a kid that is already a victim though. We don't generally let stand detrimental info to minor football players on here, so I certainly don't think we should allow such on minor shooting victims either. 

This time I chose the argumentative route after providing verification info, which in the end just frustrated me. 

Of course, the easier path would have been to just remove the nonsense. As I posted somewhere, I tried to give a benefit of a doubt. That of course frustrated me even further. xD

Edit:

Sometimes, you just wanna leave your mod hat on the hat rack by the door of a thread. This thread was one of those that leaves a guy with convictions conflicted though. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dbcaptiron said:

just two quick points .....

1) when discussing 'modern day' issues, it's pretty futile to think comparing anything to the past or Obama buys you anything. This administration's work will stand on it's own successes and failures....to say it's 'better than this' or 'worse than that' will be of no solace, and I can only view such comparisons as a 'cop out'....

2) the other comparison I find 'off' is between murders and suicides...I have a belief that if someone really wanted to off themselves (depending on circumstance) to some degree they have that 'right' (not that I would not do everything in my power to convince them otherwise or help them find a better solution). So yes to me, murder is infinitely worse than suicides (no comparison). Murder/suicides are the worst as the exponential result of two wrongs multiplied (sorry DD just calling them as I see them)

Just another .02 cents in 'the well'... 

Meaningful no doubt. I see death by Gun suicide is a fancy way to say He Murdered himself.   Not to me they are the same and bring the same pain to a family. As a matter of fact Suicide ideations usually present themselves before the act.  We can disagree on this sir.  Why do males choose the Gun as the preferred method of suicide but women don't.  I appreciate your opinion very much.  We all need to fix this it's terrible just as the high homicides among inner city black kids.  I am watching the kids meeting with President Trump right now. These kids are devastated and they have done their homework.  I do feel if you take NRA money out of Politicians pockets there would be solutions.  They are calling the President out.  And this is no more his fault as it was when it happened under Obama. But he can be the voice of change and he isn't right now. They are telling him what should be done and they are articulate as hell.  

Keep calling it as you see it sir.  #Respect

14 hours ago, NotBigdaddybloom said:

IMG_1231.JPG

14 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

In a post 9/11 world you would think any credible threat like the ones you posted the FBI would be swooping in to arrest them. FBI has become incompetent and the head of it needs to be fired or locked up

13 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

The FBI claims that if you see something say something and somebody did and the FBI did nothing. Thats failure on their part. [...]

By the meme's own account, the FBI interviewed half of these shooters. So they did do something.

I'm not sure what else you expected the FBI to do.

A big part of the Western tradition of government is that you don't get to arrest a citizen unless he's actually committed a crime or there is very compelling evidence that he's seriously planning to commit a crime. 

The fact that someone reports that you might commit a crime and that you later do commit a crime doesn't imply that there was ever compelling evidence that you were going to commit a crime.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Belly Bob said:

By the meme's own account, the FBI interviewed half of these shooters. So they did do something.

I'm not sure what else you expected the FBI to do.

A big part of the Western tradition of government is that you don't get to arrest a citizen unless he's actually committed a crime or there is very compelling evidence that he's seriously planning to commit a crime. 

The fact that someone reports that you might commit a crime and that you later do commit a crime doesn't imply that there was ever compelling evidence that you were going to commit a crime.

Exactly.  The FBI stops hundreds of these type of acts and when they miss all of sudden they are incompetent, should be fired.  If the FBI wasn't doing their Job we all would be in a hurt locker big time.