Should the NRA be designated a hate group?

noonereal

Not sure about labeling them a hate group...  true theres been a lot of psychos lately but the NRA doesnt have anything to do with the shooters... 

However what is making them look like the bad guys is their fear of seeing gun laws change and some questionable decisions... 

And this Dana lady reminds me of Nikki Haley... 

I dont like either one... 

1 minute ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Not sure about labeling them a hate group...  true theres been a lot of psychos lately but the NRA doesnt have anything to do with the shooters... 

However what is making them look like the bad guys is their fear of seeing gun laws change and some questionable decisions... 

I can finally agree with you

2 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

They care NOTHING about gun rights. That is a cover for what they are REALLY for.

1. Membership fees

2. Membership fees

3. Membership fees

Any questions?

2 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

I can finally agree with you

Honestly I wont side witht them... 

But I wont slander them and pin them with blame either... 

If Im gonna hurt em Im gonna hurt em with the truth not with lies... 

The NRA has nothing to do with the shooters... 

Its not like they're telling these people to go around and shoot up the place... 

They're simply doing what any other organization is doing... 

However what is hurting them is their opposition to fixing gun laws.  

They should be helping our country come up with new efficient ways to reduce gun violence... 

Not bucking against it every time someone brings up change... 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Its not like they're telling these people to go around and shoot up the place... 

They should be helping our country come up with new efficient ways to reduce gun violence... 

because they understand the slippery slope effect of it. Today it will bump stock and age raise. Then it will be a certain gun. then it will be the next thing. They understand the fight to keep the 2nd amendment. It doesnt say the 2nd amendment is only for certain guns. It doesnt even have an age. As a citizen it is your right. Think about this...If they raise the age to 21 you can serve and die in the military before you can have a legal drink and own a gun? is that right??? I dont believe so

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

because they understand the slippery slope effect of it. Today it will bump stock and age raise. Then it will be a certain gun. then it will be the next thing. They understand the fight to keep the 2nd amendment. It doesnt say the 2nd amendment is only for certain guns. It doesnt even have an age. As a citizen it is your right. Think about this...If they raise the age to 21 you can serve and die in the military before you can have a legal drink and own a gun? is that right??? I dont believe so

If somebody wants to play army before age 21 then they can join the actual army and have their gun (fun).  Sounds fair to me.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, stanscript said:

If somebody wants to play army before age 21 then they can join the actual army and have their gun (fun).  Sounds fair to me.

Which they do. Tons of men and women sign up for the military at the age of 18 in this country. And they should be allowed to own a gun as is their right to have one. And they should be allowed to have a drink at 18 just like the rest of the world. 

1 hour ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

I liked your post, because I find myself most often thinking along these lines on the subject....

They do ALOT to promote gun responsibility and safety...

But If you're going to have a gun group as necessity (as guns will still exist, no matter what pen is put to paper), then this should be the main drive and focus...

When HSFBfan gets his card...If he carries it this way, then I would support it..... but I would still take exception to any of his dues winding up in politician's pockets or towards promoting arms races. 

When it arrives in the mail, i would remind him that...> "any guns 'best days work' is done on a shelf"<...and that it's the militaries job to train the soldiers, not the NRA's....

Just my .02 cents

1 minute ago, dbcaptiron said:

I liked your post, because I find myself most often thinking along these lines on the subject....

They do ALOT to promote gun responsibility and safety...

But If you're going to have a gun group as necessity (as guns will still exist, no matter what pen is put to paper), then this should be the main drive and focus...

When HSFBfan gets his card...If he carries it this way, then I would support it..... but I would still take exception to any of his dues winding up in politician's pockets or towards promoting arms races. 

When arrives in the mail, i would remind him that...> "any guns 'best days work' is done on a shelf"<...and that it's the militaries job to train the soldiers, not the NRA's....

Just my .02 cents

My application is in the mail. When you join one of the biggest lobbyists in the country you understand part of your money is going to endorse a candidate. 

47 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

My application is in the mail. When you join one of the biggest lobbyists in the country you understand part of your money is going to endorse a candidate. 

One thing I like in you is that you see things clearly (and have no false pretense on opinion), so you can clearly see where I am coming from.

What you describe, is the same moral dilemma everyone faces when THEY must step into public arena and vote (portions of it will not necessarily go to where they like)...so I can see where you are coming from as well.

How far does the NRA need to reside in this portion of the public sphere and how much 'vote' should they get? Some say none, some say all in, and it's a $ free-for-all...  This is where the leadership steers the direction of the organization based on priorities. And priorities will eventually determine their own support (thus the advise).  Should people have a problem of they 'endorse' any candidate'?  I guess I waver depending on the amount of $ being dumped into the system at the risk of 'outweighting' MY own vote, and of course, if that money supports what I consider as aligning with my priorities (see above)....the problem the public has is that these are variable, making the 'moral dilemma' even bigger.

I don't have all the answers obviously and is why i only offered advise, as you know this is the way it works...and are not dishonest about it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 15yds4gibberish said:

I don't see it.  This NRA ad doesn't even mention gun owners or gun rights because that's not what the NRA is about.  The NRA is about making one half of America believe the other half of America hates them, so they are angry and scared and buy more guns and make gun manufacturers richer.

Don't believe me?  See for yourself.

If a lefty organization put out this ad, @zulu1128 would put up a laughy emoji and write about how hysterical liberals are.  

"The clinched fist of Truth!"  xD

Well as of today, they are in fact pretty hysterical.  No stupid shit that the NRA does/says will change that.

On ‎2‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 9:19 PM, Gospeeder said:

The NRA is a business...very adept at marketing itself at every opportunity along with keeping gun manufactures in business... everything else about it is glitter... providing those who run or administrate it with very good incomes.

I agree that they are a business but they are a business that writes laws that our congress should be writing.  They also prevent laws from being written like background checks and preventing studies on gun deaths.  They do a lot that falls out of the range of a normal business imo. 

Roughly 97% or so of the country supports meaningful background checks and yet the NRA is against it and so is congress.  Times are changing though.  I think the NRA's marketing itself will change as well in time. 

1 minute ago, World Citizen said:

I agree that they are a business but they are a business that writes laws that our congress should be writing.  They also prevent laws from being written like background checks and preventing studies on gun deaths.  They do a lot that falls out of the range of a normal business imo. 

Roughly 97% or so of the country supports meaningful background checks and yet the NRA is against it and so is congress.  Times are changing though.  I think the NRA's marketing itself will change as well in time. 

Not when their membership is rising.