Italy wants Italians First

HSFBfan

Just now, noonereal said:

how so? They have just assumed lead of the free world with us vacating the position. 

Immigration will continue to run rampant. No go zones will be very regular. Germany is dead. If Germany is leader of the free world and as I type that im certainly LMAOOOOO this world is screwed. 

Just now, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Oh yea and Germany is the shining example of how screwed we are... 

Not... 

i want nothing to do with how Europe is going. Thank god Italy has woken up and will more than likely have an anti-immigration group running the country

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, HSFBfan said:

i want nothing to do with how Europe is going. Thank god Italy has woken up and will more than likely have an anti-immigration group running the country

I wouldn’t hold my breath on the new Italian government doing much on immigration, no matter which member of the inevitable coalition becomes PM.  Not because I don’t think they believe in what they’re saying, but Italian politics make our gridlock looks like the autobahn, and the Italian electorate is VERY fickle.  I cannot stress enough how dysfunctional that country is, having spent time there and still having family there I have seen and hear this firsthand.  It’s a beautiful disaster if ever there was one.

They have a long history of electing politicians who promise sweeping reform, attempt to implement the reform, and then the voters turn on them in a heartbeat (even as recently as Matteo Renzi who was ushered in on a very wide ranging reform platform, and even actually passed some much-needed tax and electoral reforms).

As soon as Salvini or whomever is PM does anything that makes the lives or ordinary Italians even slightly more difficult I’d bet even money they will turn on him.

2 minutes ago, Hardcore Troubador said:

I wouldn’t hold my breath on the new Italian government doing much on immigration, no matter which member of the inevitable coalition becomes PM.  Not because I don’t think they believe in what they’re saying, but Italian politics make our gridlock looks like the autobahn, and the Italian electorate is VERY fickle.  I cannot stress enough how dysfunctional that country is, having spent time there and still having family there I have seen and hear this firsthand.  It’s a beautiful disaster if ever there was one.

They have a long history of electing politicians who promise sweeping reform, attempt to implement the reform, and then the voters turn on them in a heartbeat (even as recently as Matteo Renzi who was ushered in on a very wide ranging reform platform, and even actually passed some much-needed tax and electoral reforms).

As soon as Salvini or whomever is PM does anything that makes the lives or ordinary Italians even slightly more difficult I’d bet even money they will turn on him.

That doesnt sound good at all. Thanks for the information. Doesnt sound good. Cant put people in charge that are not able to fix the problems. Salvini should be the next PM yes. Ill try to keep my hopes up that Italy takes their country back

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

That doesnt sound good at all. Thanks for the information. Doesnt sound good. Cant put people in charge that are not able to fix the problems. Salvini should be the next PM yes. Ill try to keep my hopes up that Italy takes their country back

It’s a beautiful place to visit.  It’s great if you have money and you live there.  But it’s just a mess from a government and administrative perspective (even on the business side).

Just now, Hardcore Troubador said:

It’s a beautiful place to visit.  It’s great if you have money and you live there.  But it’s just a mess from a government and administrative perspective (even on the business side).

Yes my parents did enjoy their visit there. the government then needs fixing. Idk how hell be able to do it but with Bersculoni having the majority of seats in parliament maybe Salvini can do something on the immigration and other issues

3 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Italy’s problems go far beyond immigrants and it’ll be a mess even if they deported everyone who isn’t legally there.  Funny thing is the 5 Star Movement (largest vote getters) aren’t even really known for being anti-immigrant (they were always neutral/silent on the issue but adopted it this last election).  It’s their potential governing partners that have the hardline stance.  

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

Yes my parents did enjoy their visit there. the government then needs fixing. Idk how hell be able to do it but with Bersculoni having the majority of seats in parliament maybe Salvini can do something on the immigration and other issues

Berlusconi is a clown who has been PM multiple times and things have only gotten worse on his watch.  I get at least Salvini has never held this office so his supporters have hope, but you can’t put any faith in Silvio “Bunga Bunga” Berlusconi.

3 minutes ago, Hardcore Troubador said:

Italy’s problems go far beyond immigrants and it’ll be a mess even if they deported everyone who isn’t legally there.  Funny thing is the 5 Star Movement (largest vote getters) aren’t even really known for being anti-immigrant (they were always neutral/silent on the issue but adopted it this last election).  It’s their potential governing partners that have the hardline stance.  

I understand. Sounds like an absolute mess over there. Why so many parties? There was like 7 parties that could get votes. There could be a lot of issues but start with the immigration issues and go from there. need a starting point

• Like 1

Just now, Hardcore Troubador said:

Berlusconi is a clown who has been PM multiple times and things have only gotten worse on his watch.  I get at least Salvini has never held this office so his supporters have hope, but you can’t put any faith in Silvio “Bunga Bunga” Berlusconi.

Well he cant be PM due to tax fraud. But his party holds the most seats. 

2 minutes ago, Hardcore Troubador said:

I believe Silvio’s party is Forza Italia.  They came in a distant 3rd in vote totals and I can’t see how they’ll have the most seats once they are allocated.  You may be looking at old allocations.

I didnt say Silvia party had the most seats. Bersculoni party i believe i read had the most seats in parliament

7 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

I understand. Sounds like an absolute mess over there. Why so many parties? There was like 7 parties that could get votes. There could be a lot of issues but start with the immigration issues and go from there. need a starting point

Why so many parties?  It’s because of the proportional representation based on vote totals (so if you get 10% of the vote your party gets 10% of the seats, basically) vs. winner-take-all in the US by congressional district/state.  We’d have it too if our system was different but ours encourages monolithic parties due to the way it’s set up.

1 minute ago, Hardcore Troubador said:

Why so many parties?  Proportional representation based on vote totals (vs. winner-take-all in the US by congressional district/state).  We’d have it too if our system was different.

the USA system makes so much more sense. 2 dominant parties. Vote one in. 

4 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

I didnt say Silvia party had the most seats. Bersculoni party i believe i read had the most seats in parliament

They don’t now and they won’t once the new parliament is sworn in.  Not sure where you’re getting this from.  Silvio Berlusconi’s party is Forza Italia.  They received like 14% of the vote and may be part of a coalition but will be a junior partner.

4 minutes ago, Hardcore Troubador said:

They don’t now and they won’t once the new parliament is sworn in.  Not sure where you’re getting this from.  Berlusconi’s party is Forza Italia.  They received like 14% of the vote and may be part of a coalition but will be a junior partner.

He was expected to win the most seats but it didnt work out that way

http://www.firstpost.com/world/italy-elections-2018-silvio-berlusconis-right-wing-coalition-set-to-win-most-seats-but-hung-parliament-looms-large-say-exit-polls-4376159.html

41 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

His coalition is with Salvini’s League.  La Lega will have more seats than Forza.  Together - they will be the largest bloc in the Parliament.

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

For some folks that claimed to be all about America first, the right wing limp biscuit crowd sure are all into Italian politics. xD

It is just amazing to see a country where the government might actually be concerned about their own people and their own national interests.  It is so rare now.  Besides, I am all for eurosceptics.  European unity just handed Germany the keys to what is could not win in two world wars.

1 minute ago, Bormio said:

It is just amazing to see a country where the government might actually be concerned about their own people and their own national interests.  It is so rare now.  Besides, I am all for eurosceptics.  European unity just handed Germany the keys to what is could not win in two world wars.

I don't disagree entirely. I just think the righties worldwide have a space-time continuum problem. You can't live in the future and the past all at once. 

Good luck with trying though. Einstein may have been incorrect after all.