Cocoa Coach Wilkinson to New Smyrna

PrepGridiron

9 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

IMO in the right positions all you need is a few to change a teams dynamic for the better. 

Having impactful transfers and being loaded in them is 2 different things 

Back in 2015 we got 2 transfers who started in the secondary which was huge but we weren't loaded in transfers 

Nole can call a coach ok even after he was voted coach of the year by MP and USA Today.

Wilks son goes to New Smyrna Beach High, and plays football. I also believe his wife teaches at NSBHS. I know she wanted to be close to her parents that live there. I know he has been thinking about going over to NSBHS for several years. One of his coaches told me he would leave as soon as his son was able to play football, and he was right.

The impact it makes here in Brevard. Probably make it more competitive for all the schools. Rockledge could get some of Cocoa's players if Cocoa doesn't pick a quality coach. Goldfarb was the AD that hired Odom and Wilks. He is gone, and I think Wilks was the acting AD this year. Now Cocoa will need a HC and an AD. Cocoa will have plenty of talent coming back so if they hire a decent coach I believe Cocoa will be fine next year. I know there is a lot of talent coming back and several D1 recruits. 

Biggest problem I see is if Younger can take Rockledge to state next year, I could see some transfers going to Rockledge. Remember, Rockledge just lost to Cardinal Gibbons in a very close semi regional game and were winning for a good portion. If Rockledge can get Viera and Cocoa's talent then who knows.

• Like 1

Did I call him "ok"?? 

If I did I didn't mean that. I meant not one of the best all time YET! 

And what is the criteria of best of all time? Top 10? Top 20? 

With a little research I know there are 10-20 coaches that are better NOW. 

I said if he can move up to the higher classes and win a title then there is no doubt. 

I have to check on this but I was just told that Cocoa had 20+ players transfer to Merritt Island yesterday.

With MI's new coach (Hurlie Brown named as new coach for Merritt Island High School football) and these kids they might be able to get over the hump.

• Like 1

On 3/7/2018 at 3:48 PM, Nolebull813 said:

He is not one of the best ever,  but he would be if he brought titles to NSB. 

The first three titles were won in the very small classes against inferior competition.  The one title he won in 4A was with double digit transfers  after losing five years in a row to Booker T. 

Not sure how that is one of the best ever  but he has a chance.  If he could win a title at NSB then he certainly is in the conversation 

Don't forget that fhsaa used to have classes 1B,1A,2B,2A,3A,4A,5A,6A

2008 3A Champ.  Todays 5A

2009 2A Champ.  Today's 4A

2010. 2A Champ. Today's 4A

2016. 4A Champ. 

Know what you are talking about before you spout off...Cocoa has always been 5A or 4A so winning small school class is false info

Good poll question is how many coaches in history have won 4 or more titles?

On 3/9/2018 at 9:40 AM, Nolebull813 said:

Did I call him "ok"?? 

If I did I didn't mean that. I meant not one of the best all time YET! 

And what is the criteria of best of all time? Top 10? Top 20? 

With a little research I know there are 10-20 coaches that are better NOW. 

I said if he can move up to the higher classes and win a title then there is no doubt. 

Bull

how do you feel about Ice Harris?

1 hour ago, CCBlackhatter said:

-- Signed South Point, SC (as they walk off Buford's home field)

Funny dude, you know the back story, dontcha’?

Prior game to SP cancelled due to weather, schools closed due to weather. Very little practice time, because is Schools closed, no practice and you need all you can get against SP. 

I tip my hat, they got us.... classy enough to travel down to our place for some cash due to our issues. 

And we have nothing to complain about, we did what we could with what we have and where we were at in that situation. 😎😎😎

Hahaha.... @CCBlackhatter, soooo funnyyyy!!!

1 hour ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Funny dude, you know the back story, dontcha’?

Prior game to SP cancelled due to weather, schools closed due to weather. Very little practice time, because is Schools closed, no practice and you need all you can get against SP. 

I tip my hat, they got us.... classy enough to travel down to our place for some cash due to our issues. 

And we have nothing to complain about, we did what we could with what we have and where we were at in that situation. 😎😎😎

Hahaha.... @CCBlackhatter, soooo funnyyyy!!!

I'm well aware of the situation.

We also lost to Brookwood that evening.

You North Georgians had more prep time than us Sowegans. So, save us the excuses.

2 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

I'm well aware of the situation.

We also lost to Brookwood that evening.

You North Georgians had more prep time than us Sowegans. So, save us the excuses.

Us? You and who? And where are the excuses? The point is moot anyways, we got boat raced by Rome and y’all can’t count. 

So what was your point with the SP remark?

I thought it was banter, now it’s pick a fight. 

I won’t  make that mistake again. 

2 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Us? You and who? And where are the excuses? The point is moot anyways, we got boat raced by Rome and y’all can’t count. 

So what was your point with the SP remark?

I thought it was banter, now it’s pick a fight. 

I won’t  make that mistake again. 

Lower the estrogen levels bro.

It was banter. The SP remark came from the fact that Buford has one of the most loaded lineups in the country and was beaten by a lesser squad.

4 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Lower the estrogen levels bro.

It was banter. The SP remark came from the fact that Buford has one of the most loaded lineups in the country and was beaten by a lesser squad.

Another backhanded compliment. 

Testosterone, bro.

And Buford is not as loaded as you would think.

Ton of work to do yet.