HS shooting - Maryland

golfaddict1

5 hours ago, GloryDays said:

You want to post a handful of armed guards in and around every school in America, but I'm the one being outside the box?

Get the fuck out of here.

Just a quick question here....

but they got an armed guard at every bank branch.....somethin' more important there?

giphy.gif

yup....GTFOutside the box...... xD

9 hours ago, noonereal said:

I have never been pro gun, never been anti gun. All that changed a few weeks ago. Not sure why but that FL slaughter and the horrible posts here really got to me and I changed my stance. 

The only stance that is changing is the voice and megaphone given to these kids...

They are 'kids', as we define them as such.  They have no right to vote, and when used as pawns for political debates, they become 'active players' and 'targets' for all that comes with it...

Nothing will ever put a bigger target on them, and if all these 'made on the fly rules' to accommodate external issues ever had to pass a any sort of curriculum approval process,  I'm not so sure how many town schools would be catering to it...

just sayin'

• Like 1

11 hours ago, NorCalRuss said:

I’m not worried or concerned with anything related to militia. Translation from those days to now is impossible to do in many cases. The world has changed drastically since then and it will always will have violence. 

I grew up on a small farm and always have had firearms. I don’t shoot much anymore because I don’t have time and I’m not a hunter. I do however use my shotgun during the summer few times a month. There’s gun ranges set up like golf courses but shooting clay targets coming from different angles on each “hole” firing station. It’s actually a lot of fun. 

I have guns in multiple locations in my home out of sight  in case needed. I also take guns when I’m camping or fishing in remote locations for protection. 

Theres to many shit bags in our society to think people will be willing to give up their firearms. 

As to a compromise, I don’t want to give up any of the assorted 10 guns my grandfather left me or the ones I’ve purchased myself. Ive passed my background checks and have no reason I shouldn’t be able to keep what I have. 

so you would not compromise

very representative of the "new way" in America

thanks for the honest and non combative posts, we need posts like this so we can at least communicate, even if no one is gonna give an inch

-----------------

Now I am back to championing only 3 guns max whereas I was open. :(

see how that works?

7 hours ago, dbcaptiron said:

Just a quick question here....

but they got an armed guard at every bank branch.....somethin' more important there?

giphy.gif

yup....GTFOutside the box...... xD

Along that same line of thought. When was the last time you heard of a child losing their life during a school for?  How much money is spent nationwide across schools for fire death prevention? Classes are taught, drills are run, fire extinguishers installed, sprinkler systems installed, fire retardant building materials used during construction. Yet like zero deaths. Imagine if we viewed safety off our kids from violence as worthy of spending money as it is from a fire.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, noonereal said:

so you would not compromise

very representative of the "new way" in America

thanks for the honest and non combative posts, we need posts like this so we can at least communicate, even if no one is gonna give an inch

-----------------

Now I am back to championing only 3 guns max whereas I was open. :(

see how that works?

The problem with compromise is it only seems to be going in one direction. Compromise means give and get? What is your side giving and what are we receiving? Thus far, any time a law is passed, it only goes one direction

1 hour ago, ron169 said:

The problem with compromise is it only seems to be going in one direction. Compromise means give and get? What is your side giving and what are we receiving? Thus far, any time a law is passed, it only goes one direction

follow the thread Ron.

I suggested 3 guns be the limit, @NorthCal  said that was not enough. I, looking for a compromise, asked how many he needed. He replied, without compromise, every single gun he has. 

Who is not compromising? 

3 minutes ago, ron169 said:

So what are you giving up in your compromise... What your suggesting is I decide to give up 29 of my guns or if we compromise to 8, only give up 24. What are you giving in your compromise? And I'm baseing my assertion of the fact that I own 32 guns. 

I think all guns should be banned (as of a month ago)

I am willing to compromise. I suggest 3 be max per person.

I am giving up my demand that all guns be banned. 

You are giving up your demand that you be allowed a personal arsenal. 

It's all perspective.

I have already lost a safe environment in which to live my life and send my kids to school to your unlimited guns. 

So, are you Ok with 3 guns or do you insist on 8 or do you insist on all 32? 

On 3/20/2018 at 8:43 AM, noonereal said:

i think we all know that nothing substantive will be done. 

I will say this to you bc I know you can handle it but it is really meant for those who would rather see children being killed than NOT have their fucking gun.

FUCK the 2nd amendment.  It can go fuck itself.  Anybody who chooses their "so called right" to have a gun over anybody's life can go fuck themselves as well.  

Again, not directed at you but just venting.  

This country is a moral shithole of a country where the right to have a gun outweighs the right to live.  

FUCK the 2nd.  It is ink on a piece of paper, Nothing more.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

I will say this to you bc I know you can handle it but it is really meant for those who would rather see children being killed than NOT have their fucking gun.

Funny you mention this, this was in my pocket waiting for a reply of no compromise.

It's pretty unimaginable when good Christians choose gun over child but that is where we are now. 

3 hours ago, World Citizen said:

FUCK the 2nd amendment.  It can go fuck itself.  Anybody who chooses their "so called right" to have a gun over anybody's life can go fuck themselves as well.  

Again, not directed at you but just venting.  

This country is a moral shithole of a country where the right to have a gun outweighs the right to live.  

FUCK the 2nd.  It is ink on a piece of paper, Nothing more.  

Which would stand a better chance of preventing the next school shooting:

1. Making all guns illegal

2. Banking social media, banning the internet, banning national news

5 hours ago, TheBlockIsHot said:

What about the one where 17 kids died and the guy with a gun stood outside with a thumb in his ass, along with 3 of his buddies?

Address that first. 

So what you are saying is not having more guns is the answer just having another person around who is more violent with a Gun is the answer. :D  That will prove that packing Teachers are not the answer either. 

Image result for NOW THATS FUNNY GIF

19 hours ago, ron169 said:

Which would stand a better chance of preventing the next school shooting:

1. Making all guns illegal

2. Banking social media, banning the internet, banning national news

Neither.  

How about this.  

Ban automatic weapons.  The mass killing variety.  

If you own a gun, great for you but that gun should be locked up at a rifle range or some place like that.  If you want to shoot it you know where it is.

If you want to go hunting, simply sign the gun out and you bring it back when your hunting is done.

Until guns are off the streets only cops are alloweed to have them and when guns are no longer available the cops won't have or need them.  

Make the cost so prohibitive just like Australia does.  

We are a slow thinking species.  Do you think in 1,000 years we will still be dealing with this bullshit?  2,000 years?  I do not think we will and will have come to the conclusion that guns do not fit with where we want to be as a people.  When things no longer serve us we will change it.  Why not change it now?  

I would have hoped that we would have evolved to a more compassionate people.  Where we realize that we no longer are served by killing each other and a everyman for themselves attitude.  

I'm just tired of the selfish attitude and all the innocent people being killed.  I'm tired of people not giving a damn about other people except when they are trying to tear them down.

It's not a hard choice imo.  Gun or life.  

8 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

Neither.  

How about this.  

Ban automatic weapons.  The mass killing variety.  

If you own a gun, great for you but that gun should be locked up at a rifle range or some place like that.  If you want to shoot it you know where it is.

If you want to go hunting, simply sign the gun out and you bring it back when your hunting is done.

Until guns are off the streets only cops are alloweed to have them and when guns are no longer available the cops won't have or need them.  

Make the cost so prohibitive just like Australia does.  

We are a slow thinking species.  Do you think in 1,000 years we will still be dealing with this bullshit?  2,000 years?  I do not think we will and will have come to the conclusion that guns do not fit with where we want to be as a people.  When things no longer serve us we will change it.  Why not change it now?  

I would have hoped that we would have evolved to a more compassionate people.  Where we realize that we no longer are served by killing each other and a everyman for themselves attitude.  

I'm just tired of the selfish attitude and all the innocent people being killed.  I'm tired of people not giving a damn about other people except when they are trying to tear them down.

It's not a hard choice imo.  Gun or life.  

Full automatic is banned. 

Self-defense? Able to defend my house my family...if its at a rifle range how can one do that?

7 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Slippery slope and ill leave it at that. 

The students who were killed and every person who has been killed by a gun would agree with you.  So slippery that they were killed by a gun bc of a "right to have a gun".  

Choices.  Eventually having guns will no longer serve us.  Why not start now? 

3 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

The students who were killed and every person who has been killed by a gun would agree with you.  So slippery that they were killed by a gun bc of a "right to have a gun".  

Choices.  Eventually having guns will no longer serve us.  Why not start now? 

Guns will always serve a purpose. We made have different types of guns in the future but they will always serve a purpose. Now only the person behind the gun knows whats purpose they will use it for. It is not the gun. it will never the gun. it will always be the person behind the gun. 

21 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Guns will always serve a purpose. We made have different types of guns in the future but they will always serve a purpose. Now only the person behind the gun knows whats purpose they will use it for. It is not the gun. it will never the gun. it will always be the person behind the gun. 

Their purpose is to kill. To make what was alive dead.  Not the most noblest of purposes.  

We WILL move past killing each other Eventually.  I won't see it and you probably won't see it but it is where we are heading.