HS shooting - Maryland

golfaddict1

1 minute ago, World Citizen said:

Their purpose is to kill. To make what was alive dead.  Not the most noblest of purposes.  

We WILL move past killing each other Eventually.  I won't see it and you probably won't see it but it is where we are heading.  

And the reason for the kill has all different reasons. Responsible killing in terms of hunting and irresponsible such as murder. 

Just like a car has a great purpose driving your family around and than using it as a weapon. 

Again its the purpose of the person behind the gun and not the gun. If i laid a gun on the table in front of you and nobody touched said gun that gun will do absolutely nothing to you

23 hours ago, noonereal said:

Funny you mention this, this was in my pocket waiting for a reply of no compromise.

It's pretty unimaginable when good Christians choose gun over child but that is where we are now. 

Sad indeed but not unimaginable. Christian's have long ignored the very teachings that their religion is founded on.  I feel that we are in another change as our religions are comcerned.  Either religion adapts to the times or it goes the way of the Sun God.

But I have to believe that this is not where we will end up.  It simply must not.  Every person of good will is vital to our progression out of the barbaric killing of each other and to a more reasonable and compassionate future.  

It better or i will have to start whoopin some ass.  But out of love.  😋

Sad indeed but not unimaginable. Christian's have long ignored the very teachings that their religion is founded on.  I feel that we are in another change as our religions are comcerned.  Either religion adapts to the times or it goes the way of the Sun God.

But I have to believe that this is not where we will end up.  It simply must not.  Every person of good will is vital to our progression out of the barbaric killing of each other and to a more reasonable and compassionate future.  

It better or i will have to start whoopin some ass.  But out of love.  😋

dude, we are a failed species

nothing is gonna change

That was over 2 centuries ago.  We would have not won our freedom.  Different time.  

The Founding Fathers included the right to bear arms specifically because they used arms to win their freedom.  Any government can become tyrannical.  People all over the world are fighting for their freedom even today.  Their viewpoint is as valid today as it was 240 years ago.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bormio said:

The Founding Fathers included the right to bear arms specifically because they used arms to win their freedom.  Any government can become tyrannical.  People all over the world are fighting for their freedom even today.  Their viewpoint is as valid today as it was 240 years ago.

Australia doesn't have guns and they have freedom.

So you are saying guns ONLY provide real freedom against the government?

Clown. The 2nd amendment was enacted when everyone used muskets and there was no police force. Get a clue.

• Like 1

Just now, noonereal said:

dude, we are a failed species

nothing is gonna change

I have said it before.  The test isnt over yet.  And besides, if we did not have these challenges, how would we learn and grow?  

We have changed quite a bit from where we were.  Many things we use to do we no longer do bc it doesn't serve us anymore.  

I have hope bc, imho and belief, it is not possible for us to not get to where we are going.  It won't be a straight path but eventually we will get there.  Not a the same time mind you.  Some of us can't see what we can't see.  That goes for all of us actually, we can't perceive what we are not ready to perceive.  

Many times these challenges force us by jaring us into seeing things anew.  Eventually a person who continually struggles and runs up against a wall will have a moment when they decide they no longer are served by what they have been doing and will enter a new way of seeing things.  

So no we are not a failed species.  If we were we wouldn't be so damn cool.  😎

7 minutes ago, Bormio said:

No it's not.  At least to me It isn't.  

54 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

He made a point about our founding.  Now we use the vote to enact change.  We don't use guns to do this.  

The government could always decide to rescind our rights.  Heck, y’all keep saying Trump is going to do this.  Maybe y’all better hold on to your guns.

1 hour ago, Bormio said:

I guess it was the NRA that made the Founding Fathers include the 2nd Amendment in the Constitution.

maybe they could not see into the future? Ever consider that? 

and another thing, I don't worship rich folk from present or the past. Whether they revolted for profit or not. 

It's against my religion. False idols and all that. 

1 hour ago, World Citizen said:

I have said it before.  The test isnt over yet.  And besides, if we did not have these challenges, how would we learn and grow?  

We have changed quite a bit from where we were.  Many things we use to do we no longer do bc it doesn't serve us anymore.  

I have hope bc, imho and belief, it is not possible for us to not get to where we are going.  It won't be a straight path but eventually we will get there.  Not a the same time mind you.  Some of us can't see what we can't see.  That goes for all of us actually, we can't perceive what we are not ready to perceive.  

Many times these challenges force us by jaring us into seeing things anew.  Eventually a person who continually struggles and runs up against a wall will have a moment when they decide they no longer are served by what they have been doing and will enter a new way of seeing things.  

So no we are not a failed species.  If we were we wouldn't be so damn cool.  😎

I respect your approach., sereneness and thoughtfulness. 

I just can't imagine man ever doing the "right thing." 

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

You really can't stay away from quoting me. Damn even sportsnut was nice enough to stop quoting me or referencing me. 

I told you, stop posting if that is your want. 

I am always fascinated with people like you.  What entitlement!

If you have controlled @Sportsnut with your whiny need of free speech without rebuttal (like a child) that is his mistake. Somehow I doubt this to be true however. 

All I can say is don't get your hopes up of me, it ain't happening. (unless I get a PM from someone that knows you personally and says you ride the slow bus) 

---------------------

another thing, and I am dead serious, You should be reading my posts and learning. Like a kid in class. 

It's fine to challenge but realize, I am the tutor, you the one in need of tutelage. 

Otherwise stated, man the F up. 

Sorry, you are a good egg, I just don't have the constitution to baby a grown man. 

----------------------

Think i'll have some ravioli for supper. Always homemade pork sauce in the freezer. 

3 minutes ago, noonereal said:

I told you, stop posting if that is your want. 

I am always fascinated with people like you.  What entitlement!

If you have controlled @Sportsnut with your whiny need of free speech without rebuttal (like a child) that is his mistake. Somehow I doubt this to be true however. 

All I can say is don't get your hopes up of me, it ain't happening. (unless I get a PM from someone that knows you personally and says you ride the slow bus) 

---------------------

another thing, and I am dead serious, You should be reading my posts and learning. Like a kid in class. 

It's fine to challenge but realize, I am the tutor, you the one in need of tutelage. 

Otherwise stated, man the F up. 

Sorry, you are a good egg, I just don't have the constitution to baby a grown man. 

----------------------

Think i'll have some ravioli for supper. Always homemade pork sauce in the freezer. 

Sports nut has respect my request and has not quoted me. So he in that regard has more respect from myself than you. You can't even honor a very simple request. Sounds like your dinner is going to suck