CalPreps 1st National Preseason Top 100

ECHS05

22 hours ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

Did you watch the game? Gorman's DL stifled the veer all night. Dls averaged 3.1 YPC. And TE Brevin Jordan had a field day vs the Dls secondary ( 6 catches, 131 yards, 21.8 avg.). 

I understand BG was the better team last year, but, come on, ten times in a row? 

5 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Lets compare GAs OOS opponents vs NorCals.

First of all, all your OOS games are down a country road — NorCal-socal is further than GA plays and would wipe out the comparison without even using real OOS

but, if you want to limit to real OOS, I’ve got SJC and BG and I’m only using one team — you can’t cover that with your whole state and that’s not even factoring the negative points you get for havingmultiple of  your elite teams schedule schedule an 0-10 FL school that doesn’t even compete at top level locally 

Puhleeeeze — I know you have no conscious in making an arguement but hard to tell if this is comedy or not 

23 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

No i just refuse to rank them based on reputation 

Until i see something trending upwards I'm not gonna hand them top 10

Fact is they weren't top 10 at end of 2017 and I haven't seen anything convincing me to make them top 10 in 2018

Every team listed top 10 are teams I've heard good things about, nothing I've heard on sta has been a upward trend 

So how do you rank them?   How can STA trend upwards?  

On 3/25/2018 at 11:20 AM, golfaddict1 said:

I'm surprised Surtain didn't step down at AHP.   I see two recruits with Syracuse offers.   This is AHP we're talking about.  I do see a few kids who will likely get offers in spring ball,  but the DL got depleted, the very talented secondary is gone as well as the fastest baller in the country and Miles Jones (Ath) was also an offensive weapon and is gone.   They barely escaped Gibbons 2x and Immokalee gave them a battle.    As I mentioned before, I'm interested to listen/read the spring ball overview of AHP.    

Gibbons will have a good test it seems in GA and their offense can be effective,  D and depth we will see.   Obviously as a Broward County guy I'm a fan of Gibbons and hope they have a nice season... and I do expect them to beat AHP this year and give the state title a go.  

Excluding STA is childish and likely due to Los pissing in your meals.   They lost to a top 25 team by 7 on the road last year in the playoffs.  Venice was offered the game vs. Chandler but their QB Carpenter was beat up after having 20,000 rushes through the playoffs.  

Opening week and a bet of say $1000 hypothetically, which of these top 10 teams are you putting down against STA?  C'mon man.   

Exactly this.    Especially considering some of the teams he put ahead of them lol. 

8 minutes ago, Pops said:

First of all, all your OOS games are down a country road — NorCal-socal is further than GA plays and would wipe out the comparison without even using real OOS

but, if you want to limit to real OOS, I’ve got SJC and BG and I’m only using one team — you can’t cover that with your whole state and that’s not even factoring the negative points you get for havingmultiple of  your elite teams schedule schedule an 0-10 FL school that doesn’t even compete at top level locally 

Puhleeeeze — I know you have no conscious in making an arguement but hard to tell if this is comedy or not 

NorCal barely plays SoCal either. Bowl games and a couple other games.

Its all California. We are talking OOS, regardless.

Ffs...

Who are NorCals 2018 OOS opponents?

As of now GA has...

Freedom Bowl - GA will play 2 of these 4 --- St. Joseph Regional NJ, AH-Plantation FL, Cardinal Gibbons FL, or Chaminade-Madonna FL. ... So either 2 Top 10 Florida teams or 1 top 10 FL team and 1 top 2 NJ team...

St. John's DC (twice) - Top 25 Nationally...

Central (Phenix City) FL -- AL #4 in 2017

Hewitt-Trussville AL (twice) -- AL #7 in 2017

Clay-Chalkville AL - AL #8 in 2017

Dr. Phillips FL -- FL #7 in 2017, and Defending 8A State Champ

Bartram Trail FL -- FL #13 in 2017, And defending 7A Runner Up

Good Counsel MD -- MD #3 in 2017, and suppose to be much better this season

Bergen Catholic NJ -- NJ #1 in 2017, and defending NPG4 State Champs

Charlotte Christian NC -- NC #2 in 2017, and defending 3A State Champs

Fort Dorchester SC -- SC #3 in 2017

Spartanburg SC -- finished top 5 in sc 3 of last 4 years

Summerville SC -- SC #14 in 2017

McCallie TN -- TN #6 in 2017

Prestonwood Christian -- TX #13 in 2017 and TAPPS Private school State Champs...

And not done yet... Lets see NorCals...

17 minutes ago, 954gator said:

So how do you rank them?   How can STA trend upwards?  

Maybe when they get a qb 

Maybe when they can land the top rb or wr in broward county 

Any of what i listed would be a good start for trending upwards 

Sta used to land studs, have they landed a single 5 star transfer since off season started? 

No one is explaining why sta deserves a top 10 ranking, i don't give a shit about reputation, reputation didn't keep miramar from making that defense looking like pelican shit 

Reputation didn't stop centennial from putting a goose egg on that scoreboard for that sta offense 

Reputation didn't stop Venice from the "weak 7A" like soooooooo many on here claimed the class was from knocking their ass out of the playoffs 

I want to see some real explanation and enough of this reputation crap

24 minutes ago, Pops said:

Except South Pointe SC was rated higher than both of those teams...

Venice & Hoover were higher than St. John's some places.. So you are wrong.

But thanks for playing.

1 minute ago, Columbiafan said:

Maybe when they get a qb 

Sta used to land studs, have they landed a single 5 star transfer since off season started? 

No one is explaining why sta deserves a top 10 ranking, i don't give a shit about reputation, reputation didn't keep miramar from making that defense looking like pelican shit 

Reputation didn't stop centennial from putting a goose egg on that scoreboard for that sta offense 

Reputation didn't stop Venice from the "weak 7A" like soooooooo many on here claimed the class was from knocking their ass out of the playoffs 

You are going overboard with this... All STA needs, and needed last year. Was a QB.

54 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Maybe when they get a qb 

STA is more loaded than any team not named IMG just about every year and that includes next year.   Wake up man!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 954gator said:

STA is more loaded than any team not named IMG just about every year and that includes next year.   Wake up man!

Bingo 

Last year team would have Also been considered loaded and despite that they didn't finish top 10 in state last year 

Them being loaded is nothing new,  what makes 2018 different than 2017 team who WAS NOT TOP 10?

3 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Except South Pointe SC was rated higher than both of those teams...

Venice & Hoover were higher than St. John's some places.. So you are wrong.

But thanks for playing.

Did you just reference CP?

so are the 2 people you and me?

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Pops said:

Did you just reference CP?

so are the 2 people you and me?

with the NCAA basketball tournament in full swing I recall the site bracket we did 2 years ago because of Pumpkin's behavior.

I won the thing and Opie had a melt down. 

He accused me of "cheating." No joke. 

The brackets lock before the first tip off so no one can "cheat" even if they were like he and predisposed to lies and cheating. 

He carried on and carried on. Came up with some crap that you have to pick x amount of upsets or you are cheating.

This is the mindset that "sells" GA high school football. Incapable of objective thought. Emotion of personal want overwhelms him.

He did not have an entry this year, good thing because I am in first place again. 

Poor kid. 

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

1 hour ago, noonereal said:

with the NCAA basketball tournament in full swing I recall the site bracket we did 2 years ago because of Pumpkin's behavior.

I won the thing and Opie had a melt down. 

He accused me of "cheating." No joke. 

The brackets lock before the first tip off so no one can "cheat" even if they were like he and predisposed to lies and cheating. 

He carried on and carried on. Came up with some crap that you have to pick x amount of upsets or you are cheating.

This is the mindset that "sells" GA high school football. Incapable of objective thought. Emotion of personal want overwhelms him.

He did not have an entry this year, good thing because I am in first place again. 

Poor kid. 

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Nobody said "cheating". That word was never uttered once.

Stop your fucking lying all the time... That doesnt bother you at all? 

I dont want to hear you bitch about Trump lying, when you are worse off.

You picked every single higher seed in every single round. I said you were lame. Thats the extent of it. To say I said you were cheating is you playing politics on a HSFB message board.

21 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

Bingo 

Last year team would have Also been considered loaded and despite that they didn't finish top 10 in state last year 

Them being loaded is nothing new,  what makes 2018 different than 2017 team who WAS NOT TOP 10?

Ok in the last 5 or so years would you say it's more likely last year was a let down or a commonality?   C'mon man!   Playing below standard is one thing.   Ranking teams like Raines etc over STA preseason is completely childish and a huge reach.   Deep down you know that.    As bad as STA was last year they had arguably FL's best OOS win along with Miami Central.      

Ok in the last 5 or so years would you say it's more likely last year was a let down or a commonality?   C'mon man!   Playing below standard is one thing.   Ranking teams like Raines etc over STA preseason is completely childish and a huge reach.   Deep down you know that.    As bad as STA was last year they had arguably FL's best OOS win along with Miami Central.      

So if i had ranked them over them in preseason last year and that's how it finishes (which it did)  was it really a reach or would i be a genius?

Facts are they weren't top 10 last year and how can one say me predicting them to not be Top 10 this year is a reach? 

If they finish with 3 losses and eliminated in playoffs short of state again this year then i may end up being spot on ranking them just outside the top 10

And me ranking them outside the top 10 isn't a bigger reach than polls ranking armwood number 1 in 6a every year 

Js

23 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

So if i had ranked them over them in preseason last year and that's how it finishes (which it did)  was it really a reach or would i be a genius?

Facts are they weren't top 10 last year and how can one say me predicting them to not be Top 10 this year is a reach? 

If they finish with 3 losses and eliminated in playoffs short of state again this year then i may end up being spot on ranking them just outside the top 10

Because you're using the exception and trying very hard to view it as the rule.     It's all good though you can rank em how you want to.  I just think you're exaggerating a good bit.   

6 hours ago, 954gator said:

Because you're using the exception and trying very hard to view it as the rule.     It's all good though you can rank em how you want to.  I just think you're exaggerating a good bit.   

I get that but what I'm trying to figure out is what is different from 2017 team

I want to find out what they got in 2018 which will prevent a repeat of last year