CalPreps 1st National Preseason Top 100

ECHS05

On 3/22/2018 at 6:06 AM, ECHS05 said:

You do not. But its there. You just have to know how to get to it.

Which demonstrates three things:

1.  It's not intended for public consumption yet.

2.  It's wayyyyyy far from complete.

3.  Calpreps continues to be so far up your ass that you can't go a day without whining about it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

State rankings for FL was weak as well

They get it more right than anyone in December 

stop being fooled by echs putting a march preseason poll out “just for fun”

none of the majority of people that value CP even look at it this time of year 

31 minutes ago, Texasball said:

The truth is every single national HS football poll is bogus.  It's impossible for anyone to do even remotely close to the truth.

Is this just hsfb or all Hs sports?  All football?  All sports?  Should we just eliminate polling?

i realize you’d like to just hold onto the belief that it goes TX TX TX every year.

if TX were willing to travel, we’d have something but right now are just connected by 49 states 

2 minutes ago, Pops said:

It's like going to watch someone make a turtle carving, then bitching that the log doesn't look like a turtle after the first cut.

All he wants to do it bitch and moan.  The concept of this thread was woven in dishonesty and deceit.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Texasball said:

The truth is every single national HS football poll is bogus.  It's impossible for anyone to do even remotely close to the truth.

This is not entirely untrue, which is why the compilation poll is so useful.  A number of outlets can provide a reasonable guess, but the consensus amongst them all is about as good as you'll get.  At the end of the year, most of these outlets generally agree with each other about who the top teams are, even if there are relatively small disagreements of a placement or two.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Pops said:

If they are going to put out something then make it right 

I could probably put a much more reasonable FL poll out with 2 arms tied behind my back and blindfolded 

On 3/21/2018 at 6:24 PM, ECHS05 said:

Obviously we know CalPreps rankings change wildly throughout the preseason, and their final preseason rankings will look a lot different than these initial ones... But its something... Just wanted to post their inital aka very 1st 2018 preseason Top 50...

Obviously Im posting their rankings for fun... Like I said, theyll change a ton and not a lot of stock can be out in CPs National Rankings anyway...

CalPreps very 1st 2018 Preseason Top 100:

11. Orange Lutheran CA 

19. Mission Viejo CA (8 of the Top 19 from CA)

32. Servite CA (whhhooaaa, whered this come from)

61. Corona Centennial CA

109. Santa Margarita CA (20 of Top 109 from CA)

This list is joke.. where do I begin.. Let me stop laughing first... NONE of  these teams I listed have enough to be nationally ranked. 

11. OLU - has no business being in the near the Top 25.. All they have is a QB and 2 WRs. Not enough to be listed 11, this is based solely on QB Hilinski and Kyle Ford. They still need linemen. We all saw what happened to them when League and Playoffs rolled around. I'd put them near 50-60. 

19. Mission Viejo - Doesn't have enough elite athletes to even be ranked in Top 50.. Should be 60-75

32. Servite - This list had to be made before all the Servite defections. This is team will be rebuilding. Need to prove they even belong among near ranked teams.

61. Centennial - I'd put them right about 40-50 mark. Logan works wonders, but this will be his biggest challenge yet with the QBs he has in house. 

109. Santa Margarita - How did this team make the list before JSerra?? SM has just about the same returning as Servite, except SM has young up-n-coming QB. But he will need a supporting cast, which he doesn't have at this point. 

Jserra should be in place of Santa Margarita. 

1 minute ago, Columbiafan said:

Hmm good point 

But it don't take away from clear errors that exist in this poll, i honestly would rather trust polls by posters on here than by these media sources 

A.  It's not a poll.

B.  It wasn't meant for public consumption because it's nowhere near finished.

ECHS05 just wanted to bitch about something have get others to try to pile on to support his agenda.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, covercorner said:

This list is joke.. where do I begin.. Let me stop laughing first... NONE of  these teams I listed have enough to be nationally ranked. 

11. OLU - has no business being in the near the Top 25.. All they have is a QB and 2 WRs. Not enough to be listed 11, this is based solely on QB Hilinski and Kyle Ford. They still need linemen. We all saw what happened to them when League and Playoffs rolled around. I'd put them near 50-60. 

19. Mission Viejo - Doesn't have enough elite athletes to even be ranked in Top 50.. Should be 60-75

32. Servite - This list had to be made before all the Servite defections. This is team will be rebuilding. Need to prove they even belong among near 90-100.

61. Centennial - I'd put them right about 40-50 mark. Logan works wonders, but this will be his biggest challenge yet with the QBs he has in house. 

109. Santa Margarita - How did this team make the list before JSerra?? SM has just about the same returning as Servite, except SM has young up-n-coming QB. But he will need a supporting cast, which he doesn't have at this point. 

Jserra should be in place of Santa Margarita. 

You're smoking crack if you think those teams should be included anywhere near the Top 100.

Centennial is the only one deserving of such a ranking.

3 minutes ago, Cal 14 said:

A.  It's not a poll.

B.  It wasn't meant for public consumption because it's nowhere near finished.

ECHS05 just wanted to bitch about something have get others to try to pile on to support his agenda.

1. It is a rating system that then ranks them in numerical order by rating.

2. Unless Ned drastically adjusted his scales, then the 100 CA teams will still find themselves ranked (only the names will differ). The overall total of teams will likely stay the same or very close.

3. It was meant for public consumption or it wouldn't be on his website in the first place.

4. The number of Calpreps critics heavily out number it's supporters.

2 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

1. It is a rating system that then ranks them in numerical order by rating.

2. Unless Ned drastically adjusted his scales, then the 100 CA teams will still find themselves ranked (only the names will differ). The overall total of teams will likely stay the same or very close.

3. It was meant for public consumption or it wouldn't be on his website in the first place.

4. The number of Calpreps critics heavily out number it's supporters.

1.  Correct

2.  May or may not be true.  We'll see in August.

3.  Incorrect.  If you can't find a link for it on his website, it wasn't meant to be displayed.

4.  Anyone who looks at any ranking system in March for football with anything remotely more than a passing interest is an idiot.