CalPreps 1st National Preseason Top 100

ECHS05

2 hours ago, Pops said:

I don’t think this is true, but a couple of things I know:

1). The CP supporters are the smarter half by far of pollsters 

2). The only way your assertion is remotely possibly true is GA is way over indexed on here 

I suppose that’s the same point

Theres maybe 2 posters that reference CPs actual national rankings and incorporate them into an argument.

You idiots didnt even understand how CP works, I have had to tell you for years.

2 hours ago, Pops said:

2). The only way your assertion is remotely possibly true is GA is way over indexed on here 

Don't be ridiculous.

If that's even possible...

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Eddyr2 said:

I’m going to wait for his official ranking that come out in August...he my to update a few numbers in his algo...

BAED13C5-900D-4397-AFFB-182336666802.jpeg

Calpreps had several players listed erroneously on a few rosters last year. And those rosters were not corrected all year long. And these were D1 players which affects each teams CP rating. I am only familiar with rosters in Nevada but I can imagine that this might have occurred in several rosters nationwide. 

Plus who can forget that two weeks after Gorman crushed Dls Calpreps’ PAM feature predicted that 2017 Dls would beat 2017 Gorman. What a joke!

22 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

1. Correct.

2. Most likely true as this is annual trend for Calpreps.

3. Are you telling me that ECHS has some secret passage way for the site?

4. Your response and reasoning has nothing to do with my statement. Regardless of the time of year, the critics ALWAYS out number the supporters.

5. Ned lost to me head to head in Pick 'Em, so to hell with his ratings even in December.

@No.5. 

You beat me in head to head too.  😬   If I remember correctly it was a not close.  And no trash talking from you.  

I hope to show you the same coutesy next year.  😏

1 hour ago, World Citizen said:

@No.5. 

You beat me in head to head too.  😬   If I remember correctly it was a not close.  And no trash talking from you.  

I hope to show you the same coutesy next year.  😏

Yes sir. I mowed through California for 3 or 4 consecutive weeks (what a coincidence lol) before the "Champ" in Massachusetts knocked me off in the finals.

If it is any consolation, you fared better in our match up than Ned and his silly (inaccurate) computer did. Neither were close, but Calpreps was absolutely boatraced. Lol

You're a good sport though, and an alright beach boy when you aren't talking liberal politics or GA HSFB. ;)B|

Best of luck to you in 2018!

13 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Yes sir. I mowed through California for 3 or 4 consecutive weeks (what a coincidence lol) before the "Champ" in Massachusetts knocked me off in the finals.

If it is any consolation, you fared better in our match up than Ned and his silly (inaccurate) computer did. Neither were close, but Calpreps was absolutely boatraced. Lol

You're a good sport though, and an alright beach boy when you aren't talking liberal politics or GA HSFB. ;)B|

Best of luck to you in 2018!

Thank you.

I hear you on that liberal shit.  I get tired of listening to myself sometimes, but I start making so much damn sense I can't help it.  😋

Good luck to you as well.   

6 hours ago, Pops said:

A couple of fact to be noted, they are:

1. Calpreps cool in Cali town

2. Ga good football - not red head step child 😩

3. Undefeated pick em champ resides in the Midwest 

have a nice night 😀

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

Calpreps had several players listed erroneously on a few rosters last year. And those rosters were not corrected all year long. And these were D1 players which affects each teams CP rating. I am only familiar with rosters in Nevada but I can imagine that this might have occurred in several rosters nationwide. 

Plus who can forget that two weeks after Gorman crushed Dls Calpreps’ PAM feature predicted that 2017 Dls would beat 2017 Gorman. What a joke!

The D1 players are irrelevant — ratings reset a few weeks into season — I wish they wouldn’t put the rating out until October — it is what it is

as to BG - Gorman, that’s not an outlandish result to say that the team that beat SJC would beat the team that lost to an MC team that lost MNW twice, who lost to norland

the database is not a single game or auburn would be national champs in football

18 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Theres maybe 2 posters that reference CPs actual national rankings and incorporate them into an argument.

You idiots didnt even understand how CP works, I have had to tell you for years.

1). Wrong — I can’t tell if you’re obstinate or oblivious or likely both.  It’s not two, it’s the majority of non Georgians that aren’t butt hurt thinking etowah a top 100 team 

2). You don’t even understand how math works much less CP

3). This whole “just for fun” BS was dishonest so why even listen to the rest of your BS?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Pops said:

The D1 players are irrelevant — ratings reset a few weeks into season — I wish they wouldn’t put the rating out until October — it is what it is

as to BG - Gorman, that’s not an outlandish result to say that the team that beat SJC would beat the team that lost to an MC team that lost MNW twice, who lost to norland

the database is not a single game or auburn would be national champs in football

You make it sound like Miami Northwestern and Miami Norland were garbage

They were solid teams last year 

5 hours ago, Pops said:

Actually ucf would because they beat the team who beat both teams in the title game 

20 hours ago, Adam Kurkjian said:

Thanks man

1 Cardinal Gibbons 5A

Cardinal Gibbons was a very good team last year and while they may not be as loaded as last year they are a well coached team and with AHP losing quite a bit this is the year of the chiefs in 5A

2 Miami Carol City  6A

From one Chiefs to another, Miami Carol City won the title 2 years ago but early indication is they could be slim favorites over Miami Northwestern this year and the key to that is the 2018 qb transfer they got from BTW, expect Carol City to contend and potentially win 6A

3 American Heritage Plantation 5A

American Heritage Plantation, the 2 time defending state champions of 5A is losing a lot but can't be completely counted out just yet and will still contend with fellow district foe cardinal gibbons as 5a contenders, they will still probably get some talent in transfer season while sta is struggling 

4 Miami Northwestern 6A

Miami Northwestern is the defending 6a state champions but still has some holes to fill if they hope to defend the championship this year, they should be a solid top 5 team in the state and Will contend with fellow district foe Miami Carol City for the 6A championship 

5 Osceola  8A

Osceola has been one of the most consistent central Florida teams as of late but generally just are stuck as the second best team in their classification However i feel they have potential to finally break through this year, they overall were kinda young last year but usually are talented enough to contend in any classification 

6 Columbus  8A

Another team who usually falls short despite constantly being towards the top of their classification but sooner or later they will break through and win state, they also were young last year but are generally talented and well coached but usually have misfortune of facing a superior athletic team in the playoffs 

7 Chaminade Madonna  3A

Chaminade has recieved a lot of hype that this year will be better than last year but I'm going to wait and see on that statement, i don't know if skill positions Will be as good as last year but they should be good in the trenches which i feel is enough to make them a top 10 FL team and the favorite to win 3a

8 Lakeland  7A

I've been hearing good things about lakeland early on this off-season and with sta being down it could be a good opportunity for Lakeland to finally break through and win another championship but 7a north will still have a few hungry teams looking to get their championship while sta is down

9 Armwood  6A

Armwood is generally one of the top teams in the state each year despite failing in 4 tries to win state since 2013, armwood will be young this year but with 6a north likely in a down year it wouldn't be a surprise if they are still good enough to win the north, only current threat i see in 6a north to them is St Augustine and Maybe vanguard 

10 Raines  4A

Raines might be biggest surprise in my top 10 but here's some background, Jacksonville publics will probably be down this year and with cocoa having question marks i expect raines to get some transfers and be by far the best jax public school in 2018 and will be my early pick to win 4a this year 

Now before people start blasting the poll I will say this 

If you have a question why i left certain teams off Just ask and I'll give my reasoning for leaving them off

• Like 1

I'm surprised Surtain didn't step down at AHP.   I see two recruits with Syracuse offers.   This is AHP we're talking about.  I do see a few kids who will likely get offers in spring ball,  but the DL got depleted, the very talented secondary is gone as well as the fastest baller in the country and Miles Jones (Ath) was also an offensive weapon and is gone.   They barely escaped Gibbons 2x and Immokalee gave them a battle.    As I mentioned before, I'm interested to listen/read the spring ball overview of AHP.    

Gibbons will have a good test it seems in GA and their offense can be effective,  D and depth we will see.   Obviously as a Broward County guy I'm a fan of Gibbons and hope they have a nice season... and I do expect them to beat AHP this year and give the state title a go.  

Excluding STA is childish and likely due to Los pissing in your meals.   They lost to a top 25 team by 7 on the road last year in the playoffs.  Venice was offered the game vs. Chandler but their QB Carpenter was beat up after having 20,000 rushes through the playoffs.  

Opening week and a bet of say $1000 hypothetically, which of these top 10 teams are you putting down against STA?  C'mon man.   

2 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

I'm surprised Surtain didn't step down at AHP.   I see two recruits with Syracuse offers.   This is AHP we're talking about.  I do see a few kids who will likely get offers in spring ball,  but the DL got depleted, the very talented secondary is gone as well as the fastest baller in the country and Miles Jones (Ath) was also an offensive weapon and is gone.   They barely escaped Gibbons 2x and Immokalee gave them a battle.    As I mentioned before, I'm interested to listen/read the spring ball overview of AHP.    

Gibbons will have a good test it seems in GA and their offense can be effective,  D and depth we will see.   Obviously as a Broward County guy I'm a fan of Gibbons and hope they have a nice season... and I do expect them to beat AHP this year and give the state title a go.  

Excluding STA is childish and likely due to Los pissing in your meals.   They lost to a top 25 team by 7 on the road last year in the playoffs.  Venice was offered the game vs. Chandler but their QB Carpenter was beat up after having 20,000 rushes through the playoffs.  

Opening week and a bet of say $1000 hypothetically, which of these top 10 teams are you putting down against STA?  C'mon man.   

What I'm hearing with sta is they at best will only be as good as they were last year which wasn't top 10 material 

Why put them top 10 only to drop them later in the season, i don't rank the names i rank the teams and i haven't heard anything about sta that convinces me they belong top 10 at this stage

If I'm missing something then tell me, what transfers they got so far?  What young 9th graders coming in they got?  What stud they got at qb, rb, wr?

Make a case for sta in top 10, these rankings are subject to change and if i start hearing sta trending up by August then they will end up top 10 then but nothing I've heard on sta at this stage screams top 10

7 hours ago, Pops said:

The ratings aren't reset a few weeks into the season... it takes some credible games to get a reasonable rating excluding the preseason data, but imo never fully removed from a starting point and based on a state scale data point that never goes away once in-state play gets in play especially.     

I wish Calpreps ratings didn't come out until December.    CP's end of year ratings are fine with some weaknesses imo (class strength issues, AR last year looking strangely high which correlated with 2 AR teams in Freeman's top 14 last year and the boost of in-state games based on a state scale where maximum playoff boost is gained in-state).    It's his rodeo, but as a rating system some teams cannot reflect a true rating until some competitive games take place, while others can have some competitive games and even lose and be jacked up.   In the end, it's a good list and the D1 and roster info of who's coming back in key spots was a wise move by Freeman to use as it keeps likely strong teams near the top of the ratings during perhaps a start of season with no competitive games initially.    It's a work in progress as Freeman continues to tinker with it.    I feel OOS games should have the same stout boost as playoff games in-state.  You want to be the man, beat the man.   August, October... doesn't matter.   "You play to win the game".   Herm Edwards  :)  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

What I'm hearing with sta is they at best will only be as good as they were last year which wasn't top 10 material 

Why put them top 10 only to drop them later in the season, i don't rank the names i rank the teams and i haven't heard anything about sta that convinces me they belong top 10 at this stage

If I'm missing something then tell me, what transfers they got so far?  What young 9th graders coming in they got?  What stud they got at qb, rb, wr?

Make a case for sta in top 10, these rankings are subject to change and if i start hearing sta trending up by August then they will end up top 10 then but nothing I've heard on sta at this stage screams top 10

I'd rather post about Jamaica track...   it's March and excluding STA is ridiculous any month.  

And i don't give a shit what Los thinks

He is nothing more then a sta hang on who uses sta as a desperate ploy to pretend he still holds relevance but facts are his arguments are poorly formed and he can't make any argument without lowering himself to insults to cover up his weak garbage

He has destroyed any credibility he has left on so many occasions it's embarrassing