CalPreps 1st National Preseason Top 100

ECHS05

Just now, golfaddict1 said:

They don't have any 2018 roster data inputted it looks like so basically this is an early look at last year's finish.  :)  

Pretty much.  They probably don't have much more than 15% of the responses they'll eventually get from coaches at this point.

3 hours ago, Cal 14 said:

1.  Correct

2.  May or may not be true.  We'll see in August.

3.  Incorrect.  If you can't find a link for it on his website, it wasn't meant to be displayed.

4.  Anyone who looks at any ranking system in March for football with anything remotely more than a passing interest is an idiot.

1. Correct.

2. Most likely true as this is annual trend for Calpreps.

3. Are you telling me that ECHS has some secret passage way for the site?

4. Your response and reasoning has nothing to do with my statement. Regardless of the time of year, the critics ALWAYS out number the supporters.

5. Ned lost to me head to head in Pick 'Em, so to hell with his ratings even in December.

4 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

You're smoking crack if you think those teams should be included anywhere near the Top 100.

Centennial is the only one deserving of such a ranking.

Your  right - CC is the only one who should be mentioned. Those other teams are solid, but just don't have enough firepower to being ranked among the national rankings. But even CC shouldn't be as high as they normally are. This will all change again when the season gets closer.

6 hours ago, Cal 14 said:

This is not entirely untrue, which is why the compilation poll is so useful.  A number of outlets can provide a reasonable guess, but the consensus amongst them all is about as good as you'll get.  At the end of the year, most of these outlets generally agree with each other about who the top teams are, even if there are relatively small disagreements of a placement or two.

BS - It's all bogus.  Compilation poll is made up of a bunch of bogus no good sorry as polls that don't no "come her from sic'em"

Its all trash!!!  These people making these polls likely didn't see in person or film of 95% of the teams they have ranked.

37 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

http://calpreps.com/2018/ratings/National_all25.htm

Just use the 2017 links on CP and switch the url link from a 7 to an 8.   Example above of top 25.  Echs just used the top 100 from the top 1000 list.  

I’m going to wait for his official ranking that come out in August...he my to update a few numbers in his algo...

BAED13C5-900D-4397-AFFB-182336666802.jpeg

Yup and Delgado on SJB listed instead of IMG.  It’s not like SJB has a weak secondary to practice against and the program’s schedule is stout and the program is run well... he also had a very talented QB at SJB.  SoCal weather doesn’t suck either.   Oh well, clearly there was a reason for it.   He’ll certainly be a nice addition for IMG this coming season.  

20 hours ago, Cal 14 said:

It's like going to watch someone make a turtle carving, then bitching that the log doesn't look like a turtle after the first cut.

All he wants to do it bitch and moan.  The concept of this thread was woven in dishonesty and deceit.

Did you even read my 1st post?

"""

Obviously we know CalPreps rankings change wildly throughout the preseason, and their final preseason rankings will look a lot different than these initial ones... But its something... Just wanted to post their inital aka very 1st 2018 preseason Top 100..

Obviously Im posting their rankings for fun... Like I said, theyll change a ton""

You think because I posted this, and other people started bitching... This was some plot to turn people against CalPreps and make them see it for the garbage it is? Hmmm...

21 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

4. The number of Calpreps critics heavily out number it's supporters.

I don’t think this is true, but a couple of things I know:

1). The CP supporters are the smarter half by far of pollsters 

2). The only way your assertion is remotely possibly true is GA is way over indexed on here 

I suppose that’s the same point

On 3/21/2018 at 11:47 PM, Columbiafan said:

Sta and Venice both too high 

Venice without best 2 players are borderline top 100 at best 

Sta is slowly falling apart despite fact you all won't take my word for it (I'll tell you i told you so later) 

Cardinal gibbons too low, may very well be best team in broward county if what I've heard is true

Miami northwestern could be bumped up a little

Miami Central should be ranked

Miami Carol City might be similar to 2016 form this year and may win 6a, they should be ranked 

If you had to do an early Florida top 5 (non-IMG), what would it look like?

Thanks.

21 hours ago, chalmetteowl said:

so wait... U High in Baton Rouge was #1 last year in LA by a wide margin, and has a bunch of studs returning... come on now...

and Zachary has two titles in the last three years. they're probably top 100 in the country too

Karr was a dominant state champion, and John Ehret looks like they're loaded again...

I think basically every human poll will have U High pretty high up there for the reasons you mentioned. They'll be very good.