Freedom Bowl Matchups (All 6)

ECHS05

Technically, this hasnt "officially" been released by AiroNation... But Im 100% confident these are the matchups... 1 of the games wasnt confirmed, but they are the only 2 teams left so obviously they have to be playing each other... 

Bob Jones AL vs. Mainland FL (8/31)

Muscle Shoals AL vs. Chaminade-Madonna FL (8/31)

Cardinal Gibbons FL vs. Milton GA (8/31)

- - - - - 

Douglas FL vs. St. Matthew's ON (Canada) (9/1)

American Heritage (Plantation) FL vs. St. Joseph Regional NJ (9/1)

Wekiva FL vs. North Gwinnett GA (9/1)

Florida will go 3-3 vs this. 

I feel Cardinal Gibbons will beat Milton. They might be the best team in the state at the end of the year. It will be a close game though. 

Chaminade and Mainland will cruise. 

Douglas is a garbage team and this Canadian team is having open tryouts to get the best players possible. I just feel they will bring down enough to win. 

If AHP doesn't restock and fast they might get ran off the field vs SJR. 

Wekiva had one good year in their history and seem to at least be at the same level as last year. But NG is on a level ahead and shouldn't have a hard time winning. 

Wekivas D1 talent...

What they lost after last year (c/o 2018)...

3* CB Jarvis Ware - Missouri signee

2* CB Cayvian Holmes - 4 fbs offers, dont see that he signed anywhere...

============

============

Wekivas returning senior class... (2019)

4* OLB Rian Davis - 33 FBS offers ; #7 OLB

4* DT Tyler Davis - 28 FBS offers ; #9 DT

3* CB Renardo Green - 17 FBS offers ; #30 CB

3* S Brandon Hill - 12 FBS offers ; #36 S

3* SDE Norell Pollard - 14 FBS offers ; #43 SDE

3* WR Malik Tolbert - UCF & FAU offers ; #54 WR

ILB James Lynch - 6 FBS offers

WR Terrance Moore - FAU offer

Decent looking Senior class, should be a decent matchup.

Honestly... Wekiva vs Milton & Cardinal Gibbons vs North Gwinnett wouldve been perfect matchups. They are all essentially equally ranked within their states.

17 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

I feel Cardinal Gibbons will beat Milton. They might be the best team in the state at the end of the year. It will be a close game though. 

Douglas is a garbage team and this Canadian team is having open tryouts to get the best players possible. I just feel they will bring down enough to win. 

Wekiva had one good year in their history and seem to at least be at the same level as last year. But NG is on a level ahead and shouldn't have a hard time winning. 

I don't buy Canada teams 

AHP is starting to get transfers whether or not its by respectable methods 

47 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Not sure where you're getting that Douglas is garbage. If you're talking about Stoneman Douglas, they're not elite by any means. They've been average with a cap of being slightly above average the last few years. They've either been 7-3, 6-4, or 5-5 in the last 5 seasons. Unless this Canadian is the north of the border version of IMG, I don't see it being that type of game. 

6 minutes ago, DB4 said:

Not sure where you're getting that Douglas is garbage. If you're talking about Stoneman Douglas, they're not elite by any means. They've been average with a cap of being slightly above average the last few years. They've either been 7-3, 6-4, or 5-5 in the last 5 seasons. Unless this Canadian is the north of the border version of IMG, I don't see it being that type of game. 

He thinks most teams in Florida are garbage 

I'm looking forward to the Cardinal Gibbins vs Milton QB Matchup. Both 3 Star kids with similar games and similar size. Under 6' and both around 190 and can move. Yates (FAU offer and 5+ others) might have a bigger arm and is very fast. Scalzo (Kentucky/IL offer plus others) can move and is very accurate and on time. Both are gamers and will fight hard for their teams. Should be a very fun game to watch. 

1 hour ago, Nolebull813 said:

And I thought AHP would run SJR off the field 

Give me...

Bob Jones AL over Mainland FL (upset) by 3

Chaminade-Madonna FL over Muscle Shoals AL by 20

Cardinal Gibbons FL over Milton GA by 8

Douglas FL over St. Matthews ON by 1 (this ones hard to say, St.M is actively recruiting, holding open tryouts)

St. Joseph Regional NJ over American Heritage (Plantation) FL by 7

North Gwinnett GA over Wekiva FL by 10

A lot can change, but I dont see a single game Florida definitely cant win. In fact North Gwinnett vs Wekiva may be the biggest mismatch and thats not really a mismatch... Wekiva is solid as the dickens and brings back a talented senior class.

8 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Give me...

Bob Jones AL over Mainland FL (upset) by 3

Chaminade-Madonna FL over Muscle Shoals AL by 20

Cardinal Gibbons FL over Milton GA by 8

Douglas FL over St. Matthews ON by 1 (this ones hard to say, St.M is actively recruiting, holding open tryouts)

St. Joseph Regional NJ over American Heritage (Plantation) FL by 7

North Gwinnett GA over Wekiva FL by 10

A lot can change, but I dont see a single game Florida definitely cant win. In fact North Gwinnett vs Wekiva may be the biggest mismatch and thats not really a mismatch... Wekiva is solid as the dickens and brings back a talented senior class.

@dan in daytona what's mainland looking like going into 2018?

I think FL goes 4-2 in the event with losses to SJR and North Gwinnett if these matchups are correct 

41 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

I think FL goes 4-2 in the event with losses to SJR and North Gwinnett if these matchups are correct 

Not IF, they definitely are correct.

Im probably wrong about Bob Jones over Mainland. Bob Jones has had some good teams over the years though. Yes, 2017 was definitely a down year for them but based on previous year experience, they should bounce back.

Chaminade is gonna beat Muscle Shoals pretty handily.

I can see AHP vs SJR going either way. But AHP lost a lot. SJRs probably gonna win that 1.

Ive been telling yall not to sleep on Milton, they are gonna be good. But I didnt mean THAT good... They arent going to beat Cardinal Gibbons. I think Milton will be a solid Top 100 team in the 70-85 range (if trends hold)... Cardinal Gibbons is gonna have a Top 25 year though. CG could beat Milton by 7-14 points. Maybe more... But Miltons still gonna be pretty good and it should be a tough game. 

Really no clue about Douglas vs St. Matthews... But Ill go with Douglas ...

North Gwinnett s-h-o-u-l-d win... But it appears that Wekiva should be better than last year judging by what they bring back... So theyll be a solid team. If North Gwinnett finds a good QB, theyll be really tough to beat. The D should be strong, as will the O in most all positions except QB is a question mark. 

13 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

Rebuild. Lost 1st,2nd,3rd QB's (heard transfer soph - BB starting Pt. guard could be QB). Lost 3yr starting K & Punter, lost 6 starters on O & D line, lost 5 of 6 receivers, lost 3 starting LB's, lost 2 starting DB's. Bulk of coaching staff back. Always athletic, always aggressive. Time will tell....24 straight playoff seasons ('94-'17).

1 hour ago, dan in daytona said:

Rebuild. Lost 1st,2nd,3rd QB's (heard transfer soph - BB starting Pt. guard could be QB). Lost 3yr starting K & Punter, lost 6 starters on O & D line, lost 5 of 6 receivers, lost 3 starting LB's, lost 2 starting DB's. Bulk of coaching staff back. Always athletic, always aggressive. Time will tell....24 straight playoff seasons ('94-'17).

Guess my initial Bob J. over Mainland pick isnt too far off...

34 minutes ago, dan in daytona said:

Bob J.  better be fast, athletic, and not easily intimidated.

I dont see them being intimidated.... They play in AL 7A and they usually play some of the better 7A teams throughout the year...

The only OoS game I see they've played in the last 7 years was a 35-14 win over Dorman SC in 2016.

Back in 2010, they played North Gwinnett GA & lost 42-20.

• Like 1

Mainland played Central Gwinnett in 2008 up there and won by 20 in the early game of a double header. The night cap was North Gwinnett vs Byrnes, South Carolina. That was a great game. N.G. dominated the first half, 2nd half was all Byrnes. RB (?) was special. Went on to S.C. Got hurt. Name slips my mind. North G was much better then Central G. If Bob J. in 2018 is similar to that N.G. team athletically it could be a war. Let's hope so. Thanks for the hook-up. Mainland needs the competition.

1 minute ago, dan in daytona said:

Mainland play Central Gwinnett in 2008 up there and won by 20 in the early game of a double header. The night cap was North Gwinnett vs Byrnes, South Carolina. That was a great game. N.G. dominated the first half, 2nd half was all Byrnes. RB (?) was special. Want on to S.C. Got hurt. Name slips my mind. North G was much better then Central G. If Bob J. in 2018 is similar to that N.G. team athletically it could be a war. Let's hope so. Thanks for the hook-up. Mainland needs the competition.

Byrnes' RB was Marcus Lattimore.

Holy beagle shit Batman... Where the fuck is the announcement on the matchups....

It was suppose to happen LAST week and this week is almost over too... they are 2 weeks late on this. How hard can it be to say who is playing who... FOR FUCK SAKES, GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER.

I also emailed the guy from the AiroNation website but he ignored me. Clearly too good for fan interaction.... Twat.

8 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Holy beagle shit Batman... Where the fuck is the announcement on the matchups....

It was suppose to happen LAST week and this week is almost over too... they are 2 weeks late on this. How hard can it be to say who is playing who... FOR FUCK SAKES, GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER.

I also emailed the guy from the AiroNation website but he ignored me. Clearly too good for fan interaction.... Twat.

Try calling the schools to confirm