Freedom Bowl Matchups (All 6)

ECHS05

2 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Holy beagle shit Batman... Where the fuck is the announcement on the matchups....

It was suppose to happen LAST week and this week is almost over too... they are 2 weeks late on this. How hard can it be to say who is playing who... FOR FUCK SAKES, GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER.

I also emailed the guy from the AiroNation website but he ignored me. Clearly too good for fan interaction.... Twat.

R-E-L-A-X

Have patience, lieutenant! Lol

1 hour ago, Nolebull813 said:

Cardinal Gibbons confirmed on their Twitter they are playing Milton. 

The coach for Douglas said they are playing St Matthews 

NG and Wekiva are set aren't they? 

AHP would never play the Bama teams so that leaves Mainland and Chaminade against the Bama teams or each other 

Wekivas twitter confirmed they are playing NG, yeah.

2 hours ago, FootballGuy said:

R-E-L-A-X

Have patience, lieutenant! Lol

They said 3 weeks ago, theyd officially release the matchups "next week". Guedd what... Its 2 weeks past when they said theyd release them. 

False & intentionally misleading advertising. I demand the fools be arrested and spend atleast 1 night in jail to teach them a valuable lesson.

• Haha 3

If you look at CalPreps current 2018 preseason Florida state rankings... 4 of the Top 5 Florida teams (not counting IMG), will be playing in the Freedom Bowl...

#1 is STA, Based all on talent Im assuming... They wont be playing, BUT...

#2 Chaminade-Madonna is playing Muscle Shoals (AL #24)

#3 Wekiva is playing North Gwinnett (GA #6)

#4 Cardinal Gibbons is playing Milton (GA #8)

#5 American Heritage (Plantation) is playing St. Joseph Regional (NJ #4)

Theres also #84 Mainland playing Bob Jones (AL #19), and #171 Stoneman Douglas playing St. Matthew's ON (Canada)

Keep in mind, matchups havent officially been released by AiroNation, but most of the schools have confimed these matchups...

11 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

If you look at CalPreps current 2018 preseason Florida state rankings... 4 of the Top 5 Florida teams (not counting IMG), will be playing in the Freedom Bowl...

#1 is STA, Based all on talent Im assuming... They wont be playing, BUT...

#2 Chaminade-Madonna is playing Muscle Shoals (AL #24)

#3 Wekiva is playing North Gwinnett (GA #6)

#4 Cardinal Gibbons is playing Milton (GA #8)

#5 American Heritage (Plantation) is playing St. Joseph Regional (NJ #4)

Theres also #84 Mainland playing Bob Jones (AL #19), and #171 Stoneman Douglas playing St. Matthew's ON (Canada)

Keep in mind, matchups havent officially been released by AiroNation, but most of the schools have confimed these matchups...

Shows all i need to know to discredit these crappy calpreps rankings 

Mainland in a down year would still be the best team in 80% of the regions in the state and i don't see a region where they wouldn't be top 5 on a normal year

On 3/30/2018 at 8:09 PM, ECHS05 said:

Technically, this hasnt "officially" been released by AiroNation... But Im 100% confident these are the matchups... 1 of the games wasnt confirmed, but they are the only 2 teams left so obviously they have to be playing each other... 

Bob Jones AL vs. Mainland FL (8/31)

Muscle Shoals AL vs. Chaminade-Madonna FL (8/31)

Cardinal Gibbons FL vs. Milton GA (8/31)

- - - - - 

Douglas FL vs. St. Matthew's ON (Canada) (9/1)

American Heritage (Plantation) FL vs. St. Joseph Regional NJ (9/1)

Wekiva FL vs. North Gwinnett GA (9/1)

I told yall this was going to happen back in Jan after I got back from the AFCA convention.  Interesting that this being held in GA and only two teams from that state is playing.

2 hours ago, Texasball said:

I told yall this was going to happen back in Jan after I got back from the AFCA convention.  Interesting that this being held in GA and only two teams from that state is playing.

Yeah I dont really get that part either... But atleast the GA teams that are playing, are Top 5 & Top 10 teams. And are playing Top 5 & Top 10 FL teams.

Texasball, your thoughts on Greater Atl. Christian GA @ Prestonwood Christian TX? I dont know much about PWC, but GAC is usually a Top 3ish GA 3A team.

GAC has played 2 OOS games recently... Both vs. Valor Christian CO... Losing 21-17 @ Valor Christian in '16, and losing 28-22 at home vs VC this past season. GAC led both games for a while until VC would eventually pull ahead. VC is the best program in CO by far.

Id think PWC would be a 7-14 point favorite, or more? Your thoughts?

1 hour ago, ECHS05 said:

Yeah I dont really get that part either... But atleast the GA teams that are playing, are Top 5 & Top 10 teams. And are playing Top 5 & Top 10 FL teams.

Texasball, your thoughts on Greater Atl. Christian GA @ Prestonwood Christian TX? I dont know much about PWC, but GAC is usually a Top 3ish GA 3A team.

GAC has played 2 OOS games recently... Both vs. Valor Christian CO... Losing 21-17 @ Valor Christian in '16, and losing 28-22 at home vs VC this past season. GAC led both games for a while until VC would eventually pull ahead. VC is the best program in CO by far.

As it should be 

If you gonna play oos make it a good team, if you want to play a scab find one in state to play 

When teams play someone (like isb)  it's obvious those teams are just beating up on what is equivalent to a jv team and that act all tough like they beat a "broward" team or a "Florida" team when they haven't done anything remotely impressive

Wekiva vs Milton & North Gwinnett vs Cardinal Gibbons wouldve been more even... But the matchups we got are still good.

North Gwinnett is #1 and its possible CG will be #1 in FL.

Wekiva is top 5-8 in FL, and Milton is the equivalent in GA this year. Those wouldve been perfect. 

But like I said, the ones we got are still good.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

So i had all the matchups correct

Couldnt help but notice , the media release says North Gwinnett is in "Suwanee, Florida".

Apparently a Florida team won the GA 7A State Championship last year...

Maybe because there are so many Florida teams they just kept typing Florida. Lol. 

Hopefully next year if this thing sticks around there are a lot more states involved 

10 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

So i had all the matchups correct

Couldnt help but notice , the media release says North Gwinnett is in "Suwanee, Florida".

Apparently a Florida team won the GA 7A State Championship last year...

Well they did take forever to release games we knew about 2 weeks ago 

Guess we shouldn't expect them to be able to differentiate between Suwannee high in FL and North Gwinnett in Suwannee GA 

11 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

IMO FL should win at least four of the games. 

Mainland vs Bob Jones will be a close game, could go either way but Id give Mainland a slight edge. So FL 1-0

Milton is going to have a good team this season, but I cant quite see them beating Cardinal Gibbons... CB by 7-10. FL 2-0

Chaminade beats Muscle Shoals by 17 or more. FL 3-0

AHP vs SJR is a toss up... Considering all AHP lost, SJR is probably the favorite. FL 3-1

Douglas probably beats St. Matthews... FL 4-1

North Gwinnett vs Wekiva will be a solid game, may give NG a 6 point edge... FL 4-2...

So yeah I agree.

The game are close enough for FL to go 6-0. But 4-2 seems most likely.

• Like 2

You guys are discounting the Canadian team because of the unknown.  But what is known is Douglas is not a good team by any stretch. 

And this Canadian team  is trying to be the IMG of Canada. 

And all these Canadian teams that play American football have beaten  The bad teams they scheduled  every now and then. 

Going 4-2 will be considered a success. Going 3-3  and beating either SJR or NG  Will be considered a success too. 

• Like 1

I know Cardinal Gibbons is good.

Just watch out for Milton to pull an upset, they are going to be pretty good. I still give CG a 10 point advantage or more. But Milton will hang.

Milton plays Archer Week 0 in the CKKC Aug 17th... So we'll have an idea of what they are packing.

3 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

You guys are discounting the Canadian team because of the unknown.  But what is known is Douglas is not a good team by any stretch. 

And all these Canadian teams that play American football have beaten  The bad teams they scheduled  every now and then. 

Going 4-2 will be considered a success. Going 3-3  and beating either SJR or NG  Will be considered a success too. 

The Canadian team is holding open tryouts for their team so I'm sure they will compete.

On 4/15/2018 at 4:18 PM, ECHS05 said:

Texas private ball is like box of chocolates- you never know what you are getting. 

I know several are playing good oos games and I believe they will lose more than they win.

16 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

And you are discounting Douglas because they aren't winning championships in FL 

Canada will NEVER come close to having the athletes FL has

Even states like California, Texas and Georgia have trouble at times pumping more elite studs then FL but you think hockey Canada going to walk over a FL team?

It ain't isb they playing, Douglas has talent but generally just aren't deep enough to beat the south Florida powers in 8a but they ain't garbage 

Douglas ain't signing up to get crushed

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Keemd91 said:

The Canadian team is holding open tryouts for their team so I'm sure they will compete.

Unless they can recruit from USA for football players I don't see them having a chance 

FL speed is a special breed, Canada will be trying to play a track game against a state bred for speed

• Like 1