For you gun owners...

NorCalRuss

Would you buy this for just under $9000? I was picking up my new Springfield xd9m yesterday and there was a guy buying one these m249 semi auto Saws and someone had just bought one the previous day. 

I asked the guy if he knew what he was buying and he said he did. I didn’t want to ruin the sell for gun owner so I didn’t continue with questions. Basically it’s semi auto that just looks cool. In California you can only use 10 rd mag or 10 rd belt for this weapon.

Couldve purchased any other semi auto rifle and added bipod for under $1000 and had same weapon basically without the cool looks  

E1E07F2F-C77A-4761-A11E-6F667C193CD1.png

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, concha said:

No.

The SAW is designed for full-auto, sustained fire.  Buying something like that - especially in the People's Republic of California - falls under the "more money than sense" category.

Enjoy your XD.  I have an XDm 9 and really enjoy it.  

I was a saw gunner for about 18 months. My favorite weapon I’ve fired. The limitations to own one in California makes it a $9000 novelty gun imo. Also have a “fin” attached to pistol grip so you can’t use the grip. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NorCalRuss said:

Would you buy this for just under $9000? I was picking up my new Springfield xd9m yesterday and there was a guy buying one these m249 semi auto Saws and someone had just bought one the previous day. 

I asked the guy if he knew what he was buying and he said he did. I didn’t want to ruin the sell for gun owner so I didn’t continue with questions. Basically it’s semi auto that just looks cool. In California you can only use 10 rd mag or 10 rd belt for this weapon.

Couldve purchased any other semi auto rifle and added bipod for under $1000 and had same weapon basically without the cool looks  

E1E07F2F-C77A-4761-A11E-6F667C193CD1.png

Take the $9k and get a Krieghoff 470 Nitro Express

2 hours ago, NorCalRuss said:

I was a saw gunner for about 18 months. My favorite weapon I’ve fired. The limitations to own one in California makes it a $9000 novelty gun imo. Also have a “fin” attached to pistol grip so you can’t use the grip. 

Hey warrior what scenario do you see where you would need to employ the saw? I love weapons but the SAW would be cool to mount at the top of my ladderwell for affect. xD But i see it only as a novelty for Civilian usage.

26 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Hey warrior what scenario do you see where you would need to employ the saw? I love weapons but the SAW would be cool to mount at the top of my ladderwell for affect. xD But i see it only as a novelty for Civilian usage.

Maybe he has red fox on his property, like another poster here :D

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQljxuMopXX_k5eKAYfM9_

47 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

This saw is semi auto,  not auto like military so basically no different than any other rifle on the market.  Just looks scary. The guy who bought the first one was a almond farmer. Said he’s going to shoot squirrels. 😂😂😂 They can destroy almond land if not kept under control  

Any other use would be target practice for fun? Or hunting I guess. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, NorCalRuss said:

This saw is semi auto,  not auto like military so basically no different than any other rifle on the market.  Just looks scary. The guy who bought the first one was a almond farmer. Said he’s going to shoot squirrels. 😂😂😂 They can destroy almond land if not kept under control  

Get the MG42 then the SAW

41 minutes ago, NorCalRuss said:

Its a much better area target than point one.  A nice shotgun with 6 or 7.5 shots shells will handle that problem better IMHO.

• Like 1