The end of Backpage

DarterBlue

21 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

Shut down by the Feds yesterday. An assault on First Amendment freedom of expression, or a blow to human trafficking? 

Your thoughts.

Well....Could use the argument many use on the 2d amendment, why should a few law abiding citizens that use that site for consensual encounters suffer for the misuse from those that are trafficking humans?  

My non joking answer: If closing the site is all preventive measures to fight against trafficking without specific examples and charges, then it's a violation of rights. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Feds shutting backpage down, Youtube shutting down conservative think tank Prager. Facebook and Instagram shutting down conservative material.

Prager is suing Youtube.

https://www.prageru.com/press-release-prager-university-prageru-takes-legal-action-against-google-and-youtube-discrimination

The gov shutting down sites is much different than the private sector doing the same. 

4 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

I'm out 10k this weekend between the two, hopefully all you got was a clogged toilet or a faucet change out.

that was last month

today was a much bigger bill

needed a new pump in the well... 200 feet down. Old pump was put in back in 1967.

needed a new holding tank, pressure gauge and pressurizer... 

the short which was caused in the well shorted out several circuit breakers so now I also need an electrician.

All this on a Saturday morning, off hours rates, in NY. O.o

3 minutes ago, noonereal said:

that was last month

today was a much bigger bill

needed a new pump in the well... 200 feet down. Old pump was put in back in 1967.

needed a new holding tank, pressure gauge and pressurizer... 

the short which was caused in the well shorted out several circuit breakers so now I also need an electrician.

All this on a Saturday morning, off hours rates, in NY. O.o

a regular survivalist, I take it?