The end of Backpage

DarterBlue

2 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Feds shutting backpage down, Youtube shutting down conservative think tank Prager. Facebook and Instagram shutting down conservative material.

Prager is suing Youtube.

https://www.prageru.com/press-release-prager-university-prageru-takes-legal-action-against-google-and-youtube-discrimination

Good. Any fake news should be shut down. On either side.

Most of the fake news, although, comes from mostly far right sources.

1 minute ago, TheBlockIsHot said:

Good. Any fake news should be shut down. On either side.

Most of the fake news, although, comes from mostly far right sources.

Prager is fake?

Aight, Block... Google is practically your neighbor and you gotta be closer to this than any of us.

What is going on? Google leftist? And intolerant of views contrary to theirs or what?

12 minutes ago, TheBlockIsHot said:

I know the base is, as a whole, less educated. That is all I can think of.

Nothing to do with education. All humans do the same.

People believe whatever supports their wants.

Also, truths ARE different depending on perspective. 

You can see this in action at any youth sport event. At halftime, talk to your fellow parents about the first half. Each parent has a different take, saw a different game it seems. Their kid always did more than you saw, your kid always did less then they see. It's confirmation bias at work. We do it with all things in our lives. 

So, if you hear a conspiracy theory that supports your tribe, you accept it as true.

If you hear a conspiracy theory that attacks your tribe, you look for reasons as to why it's not valid. 

I won't even get into why we want what we want but our lives are pretty much illusions.

Just now, noonereal said:

You can see this in action at any youth sport event. At halftime, talk to your fellow parents about the first half. Each parent has a different take, saw a different game it seems. Their kid always did more than you saw, your kid always did less then they see. It's confirmation bias at work. We do it with all things in our lives. 

So, if you hear a conspiracy theory that supports your tribe, you accept it as true.

If you hear a conspiracy theory that attacks your tribe, you look for reasons as to why it's not valid. 

I won't even get into why we want what we want but our lives are pretty much illusions.

A fact is still a fact.

There are no alternative facts.

1 hour ago, noonereal said:

Bingo!

25 minutes ago, noonereal said:

it is amazing how few know this

and i mean very highly educated people not just the dolts 0n the street

To be fair, you almost have to have an innate interest in such things and even then it can be hard to accept this truth. It can get deep. ;)

It is when I came to that very same conclusion, that I drew from it the fact that financial markets cannot be efficient as taught in Finance Theory. For even if they become totally dominated by automated systems, these systems are still subject to programmer bias, and, more importantly, can be overridden by those that use them. 

1 hour ago, noonereal said:

it is amazing how few know this

and i mean very highly educated people not just the dolts 0n the street

To be fair, you almost have to have an innate interest in such things and even then it can be hard to accept this truth. It can get deep. ;)

It was also the same time I concluded that I should not be bothered by the fact that some people instinctively did not like me due to "the circumstances of my birth." For, it probably was not personal. They just refused to see that I was me, an individual, not some stereotype they had firmly implanted within their heads. When I realized this, I took the approach that as long as you don't threaten me, it was all good. In a sense, that was a truly liberating realization!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Feds shutting backpage down, Youtube shutting down conservative think tank Prager. Facebook and Instagram shutting down conservative material.

Prager is suing Youtube.

https://www.prageru.com/press-release-prager-university-prageru-takes-legal-action-against-google-and-youtube-discrimination

Good!!! Those super successful companies know right from wrong. I will now contribute money to their respective sites. Lol