HooverOutlaw

27 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

1978-2017 40 seasons.

1. Florida 11 total Miami 5 ,FSU 3 UF 3

2.  Alabama 9 total Ala 8 Auburn 1 

3. All other 48 state 20 

50% by 2 state 50% by 48 states

Funny Texas with only 1 

Florida and Alabama teams get it. You have to recruit hard your home state. When the Florida teams won they had tremendous in state talent. And also you have to go pluck the 4 and 5 star studs from around the country. You need those Midwest lineman. A Texas or Cali skill guy etc. 

And It helps out to be in the best region for football in the country. Georgia is a top 3 state for pumping out talent so with Florida and Alabama bordering GA it helps enormously. 

I would rather see Florida teams win 11 titles in 30 years with 70 percent natives than win 1 title in half a century with 90 percent native. 

FL and Bama get it 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

Florida and Alabama teams get it. You have to recruit hard your home state. When the Florida teams won they had tremendous in state talent. And also you have to go pluck the 4 and 5 star studs from around the country. You need those Midwest lineman. A Texas or Cali skill guy etc. 

And It helps out to be in the best region for football in the country. Georgia is a top 3 state for pumping out talent so with Florida and Alabama bordering GA it helps enormously. 

I would rather see Florida teams win 11 titles in 30 years with 70 percent natives than win 1 title in half a century with 90 percent native. 

FL and Bama get it 

When Miami was great they only needed to get talent which was primarily from Florida 

Shows Florida teams don't need to leave the state to get the best talent since no state has better athletes than Florida and anyone thinking otherwise is probably on drugs

1 hour ago, Columbiafan said:

When Miami was great they only needed to get talent which was primarily from Florida 

Shows Florida teams don't need to leave the state to get the best talent since no state has better athletes than Florida and anyone thinking otherwise is probably on drugs

Texas is right there too. 1A and 1B

problem with Texas is there are so many damn teams in the state, and all the states around Texas aren't very good in prep football so all the talent in Texas gets spread very thin. 

The Texas Longhorns have the easiest shot at a title. They need to lock down the homegrown studs and then go nationally and get the blue chippers from anywhere they can find them. 

Maybe there is pressure from in state to have primary home grown talent. Politics might play a little role who knows 

28 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

problem with Texas is there are so many damn teams in the state, and all the states around Texas aren't very good in prep football so all the talent in Texas gets spread very thin. 

The Texas Longhorns have the easiest shot at a title. They need to lock down the homegrown studs and then go nationally and get the blue chippers from anywhere they can find them. 

Maybe there is pressure from in state to have primary home grown talent. Politics might play a little role who knows 

Oops you just shit the bed, Louisiana has great talent. 😂

3 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

Problem with Texas is bad coaching for years. Big money boosters have to much control at Texas and Texas AM. Saban tells boosters to FO.

7 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

Texas is the only State in the Last 40 years to actually win a NC with homegrown kids too.  2005 Longhorns 20 of 22 Starters from Texas.  No State has ever done that ever in the last 40 years proving you can do it with the right kids.  By the Way how many does OU have with Majority Texas kids last 40 years so that helps the argument about getting OOS kids.  No one thinks Alabubba or MobileHoma has better football players than Texas.  

7 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

See Knucklehead when you stick to football we agree a lot9_9.  The next time you roll thru the DFDub hit me up and we can chill and catch a game. 

13 hours ago, HooverOutlaw said:

1978-2017 40 seasons.

3. All other 48 state 20 

Funny Texas with only 1 

Yet during this same time they have kicked Alabubba's ass 8-1-1 Including beating them while they were declared a NC before the Bowl Game.  All those AP championships before the BCS and Playoffs are B.S.  I do agree the current group of Bama teams are Boss.  Texas even have a NC during the AP era and got their assed kicked by Notre Dame in the bowl game.  They named teams Champs before their bowls and many times losing the very next week. 

Those Polls are like HS polls.  

22 hours ago, HooverOutlaw said:

1978-2017 40 seasons.

3. All other 48 state 20 

Funny Texas with only 1 

Yep, and Alabama just made the bottom 5 list for most uneducated state.

Congrats on the amazing accomplishment!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, TheBlockIsHot said:

You know, being from CA, I am not sure this is totally true.

There are some amazing private colleges on the east coast that may take the cake.

I stated the most, not necessarily the single best.  CA has stanford, UCLA, USC, Berkeley, UC Irvine, cal tech, Pepperdine, just to name a few.   all top 50 colleges. (The entire UC system is one of the best)  What other state has that many?  I went to graduate school at Pepperdine, so I'm talking from experience too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

I stated the most, not necessarily the single best.  CA has stanford, UCLA, USC, Berkeley, UC Irvine, cal tech, Pepperdine, just to name a few.   all top 50 colleges. (The entire UC system is one of the best)  What other state has that many?  I went to graduate school at Pepperdine, so I'm talking from experience too.

That is a VERY impressive list, I would agree.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheBlockIsHot said:

We smoke you in money, education, and most importantly.....women.

It's not  boat race by any stretch of the imagination

26-9 to 33-36...salaries are the driving variable

so with cal tech, stanford, cal berkely, et al with that impressive array and other factors your variable points are less than stellar against ga tech, uga, and emory

carry on, dumbass

4 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

It's not  boat race by any stretch of the imagination

26-9 to 33-36...salaries are the driving variable

so with cal tech, stanford, cal berkely, et al with that impressive array and other factors your variable points are less than stellar against ga tech, uga, and emory

carry on, dumbass

Winning!

11 hours ago, DevilDog said:

Yet during this same time they have kicked Alabubba's ass 8-1-1 Including beating them while they were declared a NC before the Bowl Game.  All those AP championships before the BCS and Playoffs are B.S.  I do agree the current group of Bama teams are Boss.  Texas even have a NC during the AP era and got their assed kicked by Notre Dame in the bowl game.  They named teams Champs before their bowls and many times losing the very next week. 

Those Polls are like HS polls.  

Please post those scores Texas and Alabama have played in the past 40 years. 

In that time span 78-17 only played twice 1-1 is the record. 

Is your agent Orange acting up?

Incoming. 

Fact Texas is the King of underachieving.  1 title in 47 seasons is a joke with all the built in advantages Texas has.

37 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Please post those scores Texas and Alabama have played in the past 40 years. 

In that time span 78-17 only played twice 1-1 is the record. 

Is your agent Orange acting up?

Incoming. 

Fact Texas is the King of underachieving.  1 title in 47 seasons is a joke with all the built in advantages Texas has.

Agent Orange?  I would be affected by the Gulf War Fires.  Much too young to have Ventured into S.E. Asia in the Jungle.  I'm glad you have Bubba Football to fall back on because there is not much of anything else to Celebrate.

Texas has 5 Superbowls 

about 10 NBA Championships

1 MLB Championship

4 WNBA Championships

Multiple Football Championships all Divisions of College Football including this year

Among the Best HS football in the Nation including kicking your BellCow's School's (Hoover's) ass In the process with a Non State Champ

But you have TurnurSistaLoosa, Alabubba.  Yeah we're pretty Jealous.

Alabama football sucks proven by Hoover getting mollywopped OOS each year and beating their Cousins like step children each year.