Update on Shea Patterson

HSFBfan

53 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Release the dude! Frickin plantation mentality in college sports. 

If you read the details of the waiver, the reasoning is because Patterson claims that he was misled during recruiting. Ole Miss denies this claim as they are in the middle of appeal with the NCAA about the allegations against them. If the school were to admit to the wording in the appeal, then they would be admitting guilt.

It has little to do with not wanting Patterson to play this season, and more to do with seeing the appeal through.

Screw the wording Blackhatter, I’m sure Miss is trying to cover their asses but let the kid go. 

Theres more good than bad kids at that level and I’d venture 90-95% of the time, the program is being pigheaded. 

I didn’t read the whole thing, once I got the gist of it... I go back to, let these kids go. 

NCAA is making hand over fist especially football and basketball. If Emmert was making under 200k a year, I would say well then maybe, but no. 

SEC schools each member is making 42 million in tv revenue, Big Ten 33 million on top of bowl and tournament revenues this year.... Power 5 is killing it along with NCAA. 

Now I’m not saying share it with the athletes, but hell give them something. 

Just started with GAP stipend depending on distance from home, that was good. 

Scholarship doesn’t cover everything. Had a kid graduate academic scholarship and one finishing up athletic, so we have out of pocket. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Frosty4024 said:

But hey...Let him go...He won't help Michigan much.

I disagree. Shea will be Harbaugh’s best qb at Michigan. That position has been his Achilles heel since his stay in Ann Arbor. 

He hasn’t had a mobile qb yet who can make plays with his legs .... Ruddock, speight, o’korn all statues. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Mjd33 said:

I disagree. Shea will be Harbaugh’s best qb at Michigan. That position has been his Achilles heel since his stay in Ann Arbor. 

He hasn’t had a mobile qb yet who can make plays with his legs .... Ruddock, speight, o’korn all statues. 

I agree with you. He brings a different set of skills to the team but even with Shea they will have a hard time winning the BIG. Can they go 10-2 with Shea well have to wait and see. But i think Shea is a better Qb than the Qbs you listed

9 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

I agree with you. He brings a different set of skills to the team but even with Shea they will have a hard time winning the BIG. Can they go 10-2 with Shea well have to wait and see. But i think Shea is a better Qb than the Qbs you listed

Look at who he had success with: 

usd Josh Johnson 

stanford Andrew Luck 

niners Smith and Kaep 

Common denominator: all mobile 

4 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

Look at who he had success with: 

usd Josh Johnson 

stanford Andrew Luck 

niners Smith and Kaep 

Common denominator: all mobile 

Andrew Luck isnt that mobile. The only ones are a lot more mobile. 

Common denominator tho btw all schools never won the NC. I dont think he ever will win a NC

Right now hes something like 1-6 against MSU and OSU. 

I dont understand how he even keeps his job

3 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Andrew Luck isnt that mobile. The only ones are a lot more mobile. 

Common denominator tho btw all schools never won the NC. I dont think he ever will win a NC

Right now hes something like 1-6 against MSU and OSU. 

I dont understand how he even keeps his job

Your'e wrong on Luck.  Dude had some of the best runs in college.  Especially laying down the hits when he met defenders head on. 

• Like 1

Just now, AztecPadre said:

Your'e wrong on Luck.  Dude had some of the best runs in college.  Especially laying down the hits when he met defenders head on. 

Well yea he is a psychical runner when the time comes. But again MJD said JM had success with these QBs. How are we defining success? 

7 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Well yea he is a psychical runner when the time comes. But again MJD said JM had success with these QBs. How are we defining success? 

I hear ya.  He's a great coach and now with adding his type of QB in Shea, we will get to see what he can do at Michigan.  I think this is a huge get for Jim. 

4 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

I hear ya.  He's a great coach and now with adding his type of QB in Shea, we will get to see what he can do at Michigan.  I think this is a huge get for Jim. 

But again 1-6 against OSU and MSU. Has been 3rd in his own division. Hasnt been to the BIG title game. I really dont understand why Michigan keeps this guy around. Any other place and I do believe he would have been canned.

Great Coach???? When you think of great coaches in this era you think Saban Meyer guys like that. Hell Kirby Smart has done more at UGA already than JM has done at Michigan

19 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

How are we defining success? 

Built a winner at USD. 

Stanford was arguably the worst 1A team when Walt Harris got fired. Harbaugh Turned Stanford into top 5 team and pac 12 bully. Just ask Pete Carroll. 

Took niners to the super bowl? Not that easy to do. One play away from beating the ravens. 

Michigan was a dump when he got there. So still tbd. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Mjd33 said:

Built a winner at USD. 

Stanford was arguably the worst 1A team when Walt Harris got fired. Harbaugh Turned Stanford into top 5 team and pac 12 bully. Just ask Pete Carroll. 

Took niners to the super bowl? Not that easy to do. One play away from beating the ravens. 

Michigan was a dump when he got there. So still tbd. 

Any championships? Im looking for titles? Give me at least a conference title in college? 

Just now, HSFBfan said:

Any championships? Im looking for titles? Give me at least a conference title in college? 

I don’t think you realize how bad Stanford was when he got there. 

He got to the f’n super bowl .... one Crabtree catch away from winning. 

Jeez man .... little perspective. 

Just now, Mjd33 said:

I don’t think you realize how bad Stanford was when he got there. 

He got to the f’n super bowl .... one Crabtree catch away from winning. 

Jeez man .... little perspective. 

Stanford suck was winning something like 1 game a year or something around that. Yes im aware. But when we look back at the great coaches of college football i dont think JM is going to be there. Its about winning. Its about those rings on the finger. Its the ultimate goal for every team. Like I said Kriby at UGA has done more there already than JM