Now This is a Waste... of Taxpayers Money

Agree 100%. 

It's pretty wild that some states have totally decriminalized it and in others you can still get 20 years for growing it. 

Now resources have been used. Man hours involved in investigating and working the scene. Someone is going to be sitting on their ass on a steel bench while we all collectively pay for food, electricity, man power to guard them etc. 

Over a friggen plant that god put on the earth and man learned to cultivate.  

• Thanks 2
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Agree 100%. 

It's pretty wild that some states have totally decriminalized it and in others you can still get 20 years for growing it. 

Now resources have been used. Man hours involved in investigating and working the scene. Someone is going to be sitting on their ass on a steel bench while we all collectively pay for food, electricity, man power to guard them etc. 

Over a friggen plant that god put on the earth and man learned to cultivate.  

The Rastafari seems to not be confused at all but the Bible Humpers are.  Go figure.  I forgot they hate the Old Testament.  :D 

Genesis 1:29-30  

29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

30 And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.

These are some of the Healthiest People on earth.  True Nazirites.

Image result for rastafari

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, noonereal said:

A bit off subject but what is your opinion about sting operations?

Is that really policing? 

What's the worst to me in how marijuana and other substances are policed, is, the cops more or less "protect" the house(s) known for drug sales. They sit down the street a ways and bust the small time users, sometimes for years, before finally stopping the dealer. 

Pop the little young working man for a dime or dove and even write it up at times that they were watching a house known for drug sales. They know that's the house where people are getting dope, but, naaah! We'll make a fortune in fines and probation on the little guys. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

What's the worst to me in how marijuana and other substances are policed, is, the cops more or less "protect" the house(s) known for drug sales. They sit down the street a ways and bust the small time users, sometimes for years, before finally stopping the dealer. 

Pop the little young working man for a dime or dove and even write it up at times that they were watching a house known for drug sales. They know that's the house where people are getting dope, but, naaah! We'll make a fortune in fines and probation on the little guys. 

You know looking back, that is absolutely correct, in my college town there was a a two story row of apartments where folks would go to score a lid and rarely any policing.

But a couple miles away there were busts over possession.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

You know looking back, that is absolutely correct, in my college town there was a a two story row of apartments where folks would go to score a lid and rarely any policing.

But a couple miles away there were busts over possession.

They have never wanted to stop it. If they really wanted to stop drug use, they would shut the dealer down pronto rather than work the cash register. 

In a way, it does save the taxpayers money though. A lot of users are lower working class and they will not sit the time out in jail. They'll bond out, go to work, go to court, not have the fine money in full, then the probation racket starts. Monthly fees, drug screens and pay installments on the fine until it is paid off. Released to go do it all over again.

If they bust the dealer, they cut out the traffic and money at that house, but the dealers only job is usually just dealing, so, probation and fines don't usually work. They often sit out their time and do use up tax payer resources. 

The cops will say that they are trying to work up the ladder is why they let the drug houses operate. I suppose that could be so in some instances. In the mean time families and lives are being destroyed by both drugs and economically in the system as most users are not rolling in dough per the norm. They stay held down by habits and the system. 

The cost ends up greater for society doing it the way we currently do though. Imo of course.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DevilDog said:

Did you guys see the Special on CNN this week about how Weed could be the cure for the Opioid epidemic?  I don't engage in either.  But I think the MJ law's are ridiculous.

Getting off opioids with medical marijuana: Patients turn to pot over pills

Stop telling that lie, you know you roll like Bob Marley!

LOL.

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Well as most of you know these scum bags put me in prison for a couple years over possessionof less than 1 plant

It’s sickening how they treat us 

but I do think things are getting better 

8930D656-B64F-4AF7-BB47-3CDB665A0210.jpeg

F4BB7255-F2B0-4859-ADAE-F7385C06DBAA.jpeg

• Like 1

23 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Entrapment is my first thought.

When it comes to prostitution and marijuana, I'm really ambivalent.

I think it's a waste of tax payer dollars.

Agree, with the exception that in the case of prostitution, care must be exercised to ensure there is no human trafficking, that the women (usually), are acting on their own free will. 

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

They have never wanted to stop it. If they really wanted to stop drug use, they would shut the dealer down pronto rather than work the cash register. 

In a way, it does save the taxpayers money though. A lot of users are lower working class and they will not sit the time out in jail. They'll bond out, go to work, go to court, not have the fine money in full, then the probation racket starts. Monthly fees, drug screens and pay installments on the fine until it is paid off. Released to go do it all over again.

If they bust the dealer, they cut out the traffic and money at that house, but the dealers only job is usually just dealing, so, probation and fines don't usually work. They often sit out their time and do use up tax payer resources. 

The cops will say that they are trying to work up the ladder is why they let the drug houses operate. I suppose that could be so in some instances. In the mean time families and lives are being destroyed by both drugs and economically in the system as most users are not rolling in dough per the norm. They stay held down by habits and the system. 

The cost ends up greater for society doing it the way we currently do though. Imo of course.

^^^^^^

This is spot on imo.  They could absolutely stop the drugs but the money is too important.  So is the control of people to a certain extent.  

• Like 1

On 5/1/2018 at 1:46 PM, HawgGoneIt said:

Don’t forget all the money 💰 handed around for mandatory Drug treatment.... Chris  Christie owns a few drug rehabilitation centers 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

Don’t forget all the money 💰 handed around for mandatory Drug treatment.... Chris  Christie owns a few drug rehabilitation centers 

I actually prefer the treatment option over the other options. It seems to make more sense than jail and fine. Not sure how all that works around here where I live. I think first offenders are open to take a "drug court class" in lieu of fine if they plea no contest in court. I'm sure there are charges though. It's the American way. 

3 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I actually prefer the treatment option over the other options. It seems to make more sense than jail and fine. Not sure how all that works around here where I live. I think first offenders are open to take a "drug court class" in lieu of fine if they plea no contest in court. I'm sure there are charges though. It's the American way. 

I’d eat a dick before I take drug court again... that shit is a setup

• Like 1
  • Haha 1