Armed Teachers Become Reality in Georgia

Teachers are getting shafted, called upon to do more and more in and out of the classroom.  With the right to carry comes the responsibility and accountability, not only for just simple gun safety and safekeeping but also in overall response to incidences, if and when they occur.

they are the only government agency that will look to employees to safeguard their facilities instead of hiring local security or police.  

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Teachers are getting shafted, called upon to do more and more in and out of the classroom.  With the right to carry comes the responsibility and accountability, not only for just simple gun safety and safekeeping but also in overall response to incidences, if and when they occur.

they are the only government agency that will look to employees to safeguard their facilities instead of hiring local security or police.  

This is an angle that most aren't viewing from. In light of all the strikes and what not about funding and pay, here we are dropping additional responsibility and accountability on them.

Imagine all of the strange angles that this could play out in the future. Not limited to a teacher misusing the authority in various ways, but, the ramifications to a society where your kids literally cut their teeth on guns. 

44 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Teachers are getting shafted

Come on, no teachers are being compelled to carry and if they were, so what. All job demands change over time.

Teachers are over paid and under worked up here. Their benefits are insane.

I understand that this may not be true across the country but I need speak from my perspective. 

Sorry

3 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

What is your opinion as well as others on the board as to why not one politician or media outlet,parents of any shooters or anyone else is  not demanding an overhaul of our failed mental health system ??????  

Because guns are the primary problem, obviously. 

3 minutes ago, noonereal said:

Come on, no teachers are being compelled to carry and if they were, so what. All job demands change over time.

Teachers are over paid and under worked up here. Their benefits are insane.

I understand that this may not be true across the country but I need speak from my perspective. 

Sorry

Noted, that truly is your perspective.  I just explained the "so what" part.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

No, mental disease is the primary issue ...Not one family,police,FBI,teacher or school has be held accountable for allowing these wacko to perpetrate these horrors...It appears you are fine not treating all these wackos ??? You have never demanded them getting help...

Poly is gonna get fat.

4 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

No, mental disease is the primary issue ...Not one family,police,FBI,teacher or school has be held accountable for allowing these wacko to perpetrate these horrors...It appears you are fine not treating all these wackos ??? You have never demanded them getting help...

So once again we want schools to be social workers and mental health evaluators too. Unbelievable!  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

certain portions of society that do expect that from schools...Most of them are the lowest performers,on welfare and are single,constantly producing women.....

I do believe you are the site rhetoric king. 

Not enough crackers in the world for you. 

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

What is your opinion as well as others on the board as to why not one politician or media outlet,parents of any shooters or anyone else is  not demanding an overhaul of our failed mental health system ?????

Our failed mental health system is but one facet of our failed health care system. But that is another discussion to be had outside of the issue of arming teachers of which I was trying to solicit a response from the topic's originator. 

Just now, Drummer61 said:

Nice dodge and duck .......

Actually you were the one to dodge and duck by bringing up something outside the question I asked. And, would you not agree that there are serious issues with the way health care is delivered/paid for in the USA? Or maybe, perhaps not? 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

39 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

Never said that...No,no...However,if you think some of those teachers don't know who the wackos are,you wrong...They have a duty to report and notify parents that is all....There are However, certain portions of society that do expect that from schools...Most of them are the lowest performers,on welfare and are single,constantly producing women.....

By law they have to report certain issues to social workers, that's already being done.  We have two principals here in my town that were charged with failure to report particular incidences to authorities.  Were the parents aware?  Absolutely, but no repercussions for them.  It's really bs, no wonder many are leaving the profession.

we sure as hell don't demand these levels of accountability from universities and colleges.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DarterBlue said:

What's your opinion on arming teachers? I am curious. If pro, what kind of restrictions, if any, would you implement?

Shoot, pardon the pun.... 

I think guns need to be equipped with professional security. 

Guns in proximity of students, in a day to day classroom setting I’m not a fan of. 

When I post an article, it’s something that catches my interest but right now, I have more questions than answers as to how this is gonna work. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Shoot, pardon the pun.... 

I think guns need to be equipped with professional security. 

Guns in proximity of students, in a day to day classroom setting I’m not a fan of

When I post an article, it’s something that catches my interest but right now, I have more questions than answers as to how this is gonna work

I like your answer. I am not saying it could not work myself. However, unless the process is very clearly thought out, including exempting teachers/administrators that are not comfortable being armed on school premises, I think this change could be extremely dangerous on many levels. 

• Like 1

What type of liability issues are our school systems going to incur by actually inviting guns inside with school employees rather than resource officers? 

First time a student claims a teacher scared them with a gun, or was getting onto the class and the gun was exposed. Etc. Etc.

Lot's of questions.

18 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

What type of liability issues are our school systems going to incur by actually inviting guns inside with school employees rather than resource officers? 

First time a student claims a teacher scared them with a gun, or was getting onto the class and the gun was exposed. Etc. Etc.

Lot's of questions.

didn't we already have a teacher with a gun go nut case?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, noonereal said:

didn't we already have a teacher with a gun go nut case?

We did. However, that teacher wasn't apparently sanctioned by the school system to carry. 

Now we are introducing school board liability by sanctioning teachers to carry. 

Yeah. Just seems like an invitation to more problems and liability suits.

20 hours ago, DarterBlue said:

I like your answer. I am not saying it could not work myself. However, unless the process is very clearly thought out, including exempting teachers/administrators that are not comfortable being armed on school premises, I think this change could be extremely dangerous on many levels. 

It takes a village come to mind...

We have to be better parents, neighbors, coaches, teachers, admin, etc.

More aware and handle it to the best of our ability on a grassroots level.

Certainly can't depend on the FBI or any politicized entity for that matter.

How? People need to reconnect.

• Like 2