NJ school lets anyone join cheerleaders no matter their score on tryouts

Fred

19 minutes ago, Fred said:

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/high-school-cheerleaders-lash-new-rule-lets-anyone-join-squad-following-parent-complaints-135913586.html

It appears the school bowed to a student's parent complaining about their child not making the squad.  Many of the cheerleaders aren't happy.

Everyone gets a trophy...the downfall of western civilization. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, paladin4ever said:

Everyone gets a trophy...the downfall of western civilization. 

I agree 100% participation trophies has to be the worst idea ever.  Most of these issues start with delusional overbearing underachieving parents living out their dreams through their children. they put their kids in positions to be mediocre and want them to be rewarded for it.

In High School Varsity sports is the highest  most competitive level hence tryouts and cuts

Leave the inclusiveness to JV and Intermural leagues

Our over sensitivity is beginning to ruining our children....There is a place for competitiveness  

2 hours ago, Fred said:

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/high-school-cheerleaders-lash-new-rule-lets-anyone-join-squad-following-parent-complaints-135913586.html

It appears the school bowed to a student's parent complaining about their child not making the squad.  Many of the cheerleaders aren't happy.

Well that bodes well for our fiend @LiberalDonaldTrump  

He can cheer on break from 120 hour work weeks. 

• Haha 2

My kids know don't even get in the car with some participation trophy. 

They have some ribbons, plaques and trophies but only if they won the event. 

No 4th place ribbons allowed. Unless there was like a million people participating. Lol. 

One spring years ago my son played spring tackle football and his team only had 12 players. He played every down but they went 2-8. They gave him a trophy after the season and he dumped it in the trash before we got to the car. He was so offended that they would give him a trophy for going 2-8. 

Its ok to praise your kids for trying even though they don't win but to reward them for showing up is bad parenting/leadership. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Nolebull813 said:

No 4th place ribbons allowed. Unless there was like a million people participating. Lol. 

One spring years ago my son played spring tackle football and his team only had 12 players. He played every down but they went 2-8. They gave him a trophy after the season and he dumped it in the trash before we got to the car. He was so offended that they would give him a trophy for going 2-8. 

Its ok to praise your kids for trying even though they don't win but to reward them for showing up is bad parenting/leadership. 

You ever watch Sons of Anarchy?  If you did you  have then you just totally reminded me of Zobelles #2 who said almost exactly the same words you just posted.  The guys character was played by Henry Rollins. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Those kids were adopted, ain't no way that caliber of kids came from that sun baked NoleBull...

Lmao.

I was at a multiday softball tournament several years ago ( yeah, I know, softball - but they sold beer at the stadiums), and a pretty good team lost the final game to come in second.

As they drove off, with most of them sitting in the back of a pickup truck, the second-place trophy went sailing about 20 feet high and smashed on the roadway, accompanied by some choice suggestions as to where to put the pieces and what to do with the tournament in general.

Now that’s how to react to a loss, not some “just happy to be here” crap.  Those guys were awesome.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Wosinc said:

I was at a multiday softball tournament several years ago ( yeah, I know, softball - but they sold beer at the stadiums), and a pretty good team lost the final game to come in second.

As they drove off, with most of them sitting in the back of a pickup truck, the second-place trophy went sailing about 20 feet high and smashed on the roadway, accompanied by some choice suggestions as to where to put the pieces and what to do with the tournament in general.

Now that’s how to react to a loss, not some “just happy to be here” crap.  Those guys were awesome.

😎😎😎