6'7 370 lb 8th grader

HSFBfan

32 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

Kid should have a complete cardiac work up...I bet he already has high cholesterol and some arterial blockage...

Exactly, a kid his age at that size and shape better lose some of that bad weight if he wants to keep playing.   Could be dangerous for him. 

• Like 1

Does anyone know if this young man would like to receive a fine catholic education.  Our humble institution may be able to find a seat (s) for such a fine young man.  We have a very inclusive environment and encourage our kids to join our various clubs and sports programs.

Our outreach ambassadors can assist with housing for his fine parents, and we have student tutors, and a tuition assistance program for deserving families.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I had a cardiac scoring CT earlier this week. Just for the hell of it. Paid out of my own pocket. Arteries are clear as day. Best $200 I ever spent. Going for a steak dinner tonight at Peter Lugers to celebrate! 

U going to Brooklyn for dinner??

29 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I had a cardiac scoring CT earlier this week. Just for the hell of it. Paid out of my own pocket. Arteries are clear as day. Best $200 I ever spent. Going for a steak dinner tonight at Peter Lugers to celebrate! 

You really want to make sure everything is clear & good you need to get a nuclear stress test done. It takes about 2.5 hours because they take pictures of your heart resting & then after some injections & raising your heartbeat on a treadmill (yes, you can also have another injection to raise it but most doctors like raising it naturally) you again have photos of your heart & all valves, arteries etc. It's expensive & insurance only pays for it every 3-5 years depending on your plan but it's really the only way to know for sure if you have any blockage. I just had mine yesterday, go for my results next week.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I have a feeling the out of pocket expense for that test may be a bit high!! Can your doctor just refer you for this test, or must you have some fam history, signs and symptoms? 

Ask your doctor, but I go to a cardiologist at Sovereign Health which is in Glen Rock. I can give you his information if you want or your doctor could probably send you to him with a script (or some other cardio he knows) but the nuclear stress test is really the only one which will clearly show blockage. EKG's & others are good to do yearly but do not show blockage.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1