Polk - 16

Brevard - 13

Escambia - 12

Hillsborough - 11

Manatee - 8

Marion, Orange and Jefferson - 6 each 

Alachua, Baker, Gulf, Okaloosa, Suwannee - 4 each 

Calhoun, Madison, Putnam, Sarasota, Union - 3 each 

Bradford, Collier, Gilchrist, Jackson, St Johns, Santa Rosa, Sumter, Wakulla - 2 each 

Bay, Clay, Columbia, Franklin, Gadsden, Hendry, Highlands, Holmes, Indian River, Lafayette, Lake, Levy, Osceola, Pasco, St Lucie, Seminole, Taylor, Volusia, Walton - 1 each 

Charlotte, Citrus, Desoto, Dixie, Flagler, Glades, Hamilton, Hardee, Lee, Liberty, Martin, Monroe, Nassau, Okeechobee, Pinellas, Washington - None

4 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Dade - 38

Duval - 33

Palm Beach - 30

Broward - 24 

Leon - 18

Polk - 16

Escambia - 12

Hillsborough - 11

Brevard - 11

Manatee - 8

Marion, Orange and Jefferson - 6 each 

Alachua, Baker, Bradford, Gulf, Okaloosa, Suwannee - 4 each 

Calhoun, Madison, Putnam, Sarasota, Union - 3 each 

Collier, Gilchrist, Jackson, St Johns, Santa Rosa, Sumter, Wakulla - 2 each 

Bay, Clay, Columbia, Franklin, Gadsden, Hendry, Highlands, Holmes, Indian River, Lafayette, Lake, Levy, Osceola, Pasco, St Lucie, Seminole, Taylor, Volusia, Walton - 1 each 

Charlotte, Citrus, Desoto, Dixie, Flagler, Glades, Hamilton, Hardee, Lee, Liberty, Martin, Monroe, Nassau, Okeechobee, Pinellas, Washington - None

Polk county representing nicely. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Lakeland is the shit, I was in Bradley when Frostproof and Haines City did work.... young pup at the time.

Lakeland used to club around STA so much back in the day they completely changed the landscape of football in Florida with the 30 transfers to be relevant mentality. STA was Archbishop McCarthy when Lakeland was in their prime 

Just now, Nolebull813 said:

Lakeland used to club around STA so much back in the day they completely changed the landscape of football in Florida with the 30 transfers to be relevant mentality. STA was Archbishop McCarthy when Lakeland was in their prime 

Still gotta coach em and mesh the players chemistry wise.

We look at transfers as a bad thing, it's only bad when the coach loses the foundation values in the program and acquiesces to the players/parents whims.

It's just a hot button issue, now unabated bullshit transfers that are willy nilly just because I don't advocate.

4 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

Hey there, Orange County has 6 and 1/2. Apopka 3, Bishop Moore 2, Dr. Phillips 1 and Evans 1/2 (shared Title with Miami Southridge in 1991 when the final ended in a tie). 

Wow. How is that humanly possible. Who would agree to that and who would make that a rule. 

13 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Wow. How is that humanly possible. Who would agree to that and who would make that a rule. 

That game ended that chapter in FHSAA history. Before it, there had been one other tie with a shared title. After it, overtime rules were established where the game would not end till there was a winner. 

37 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

That game ended that chapter in FHSAA history. Before it, there had been one other tie with a shared title. After it, overtime rules were established where the game would not end till there was a winner. 

The same thing occurred in GA when Peachtree Ridge and Roswell tied for the large class championship leading to a change in the rules to allow overtime.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Polk county representing nicely. 

Polk County in my opinion is one of the most underrated places.   Not just the teams, more so kids struggle to get noticed.   Shoot Ray Lewis got an offer from Miami 4 days prior to signing day.  

6 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

The same thing occurred in GA when Peachtree Ridge and Roswell tied for the large class championship leading to a change in the rules to allow overtime.

The same thing also occurs in GA if they’re playing FL and FL is driving late for win 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Are you ever not wrong? You and Blockhead are 2 of the most annoying posters... 

https://bigcountypreps.com/drive-by-drive-plant-and-sandy-creek-the-cinderellas-witching-hour/

sandy creek vs plant 2013, August 30th

GA’s undercard marquee game (next to BTW-Norcross)

game called with 1:52 on clock, Plant just received a punt near midfield, tied 27-all

somebody can double check but I think that happened 

2 hours ago, 954gator said:

Polk County in my opinion is one of the most underrated places.   Not just the teams, more so kids struggle to get noticed.   Shoot Ray Lewis got an offer from Miami 4 days prior to signing day.  

Passionate always were. It’s rural or near rural outside of Orlando and Lakeland. Definitely rural back when I lived there. Mid sixties to early seventies. 😎

1 hour ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

How many high  schools are in lakeland?

Kathleen and Lakeland are the main ones, but Polk County has more like Lake Gibson, Lake Wales, Haines City, Frostproof, George Jenkins, Fort Meade, Bartow, Auburndale, Mulbery.    Those are the ones I can think of I'm sure there's more.   

1 hour ago, Pops said:

https://bigcountypreps.com/drive-by-drive-plant-and-sandy-creek-the-cinderellas-witching-hour/

sandy creek vs plant 2013, August 30th

GA’s undercard marquee game (next to BTW-Norcross)

game called with 1:52 on clock, Plant just received a punt near midfield, tied 27-all

somebody can double check but I think that happened 

What exactly is your point?

The game ended in a tie due to a rule that was established well before the game?

Are you suggesting some conspiracy occurred to prevent Plant from winning?

We're confused Pops.

2 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

What exactly is your point?

The game ended in a tie due to a rule that was established well before the game?

Are you suggesting some conspiracy occurred to prevent Plant from winning?

We're confused Pops.

I just shared the story

sandy Creek ball,  plant forces punt, gets ball at mid field with 1:42 left

game over 

the writer explicitly suggested it appeared the GA ref’s watch was a bit fast

besides it being a stupid rule 

32 minutes ago, Pops said:

I just shared the story

sandy Creek ball,  plant forces punt, gets ball at mid field with 1:42 left

game over 

the writer explicitly suggested it appeared the GA ref’s watch was a bit fast

besides it being a stupid rule 

Here's some info for you sense you don't know... obviously... 

The GHSA has a rule no game can go past 11pm... on a weekday game.. Friday and Saturday are unlimited... 

The game was played on a thursday... 

And it was going on to long... 

First mistake don't play a oos game on a week day if it's long distance. 

And since you aren't that bright... Atlanta and Tampa are not close i'dk why they agreed to play this game on a thursday... that was stupid... 

45 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Here's some info for you sense you don't know... obviously... 

The GHSA has a rule no game can go past 11pm... on a weekday game.. Friday and Saturday are unlimited... 

The game was played on a thursday... 

And it was going on to long... 

First mistake don't play a oos game on a week day if it's long distance. 

And since you aren't that bright... Atlanta and Tampa are not close i'dk why they agreed to play this game on a thursday... that was stupid... 

Yeah but that rule is stupid you must admit.   Play the games earlier.   Especially when someone has to travel so far.   I get it there was a rule, but it's pretty stupid IMO.   

12 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Yeah but that rule is stupid you must admit.   Play the games earlier.   Especially when someone has to travel so far.   I get it there was a rule, but it's pretty stupid IMO.   

Did you miss that the game was a double header and the first game ran late?

They could've played on a Saturday, but you can't just change the date last minute after the team has already traveled to the game.