Folsom/DLS Vegas Betting Line

5 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

Antioch sucked outside of Najee. Stack the box and stop the run. Easy to do, even with the best RB in the country, if the other team has no weapons.

Some players might be a non factor for Folsom, against DLS. Cool. They have a plethora of weapons. Nobody is stopping Joe Ngata, and he will likely put on a show.

I think for DLS to stay on Folsom's level, they will have to score 40 points. 1st game of the year, new young QB, relying solely on the run? Good luck.

This Folsom team is different.

Lets get something straight Joe Ngata is nowhere near how good Najee Harris was in HS. DLS slowed down Harris and they will slow down Ngata and his brother the same way that Helix limited the two of them to 1 TD, and that TD was a case of poor tackling on Helix's part. That will not happen against DLS. The Ngata bros. combined for 43yds on 16 carries against Helix. Yes, we know that you're going to spew out that Folsom is bigger, stronger, faster, than last year, blah, blah, blah. They certainly are going to need to be since now they are jumping into the "big boy" pool. DLS D. is much better than Helix. There are not going to be many holes for the Ngata bros. to run thru and Bennett is not going to have as much time to throw as he did against Helix. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 1DayPGA said:

Lets get something straight Joe Ngata is nowhere near how good Najee Harris was in HS

I never implied such. Najee was a one man show. Folsom is not. That is my point.

2 minutes ago, 1DayPGA said:

Helix limited the two of them to 1 TD, and that TD was a case of poor tackling on Helix's part. That will not happen against DLS. The Ngata bros. combined for 43yds on 16 carries against Helix.

If Folsom can put up 49 points with those 2 only putting up nominal numbers, imagine the score if those two go off!

9 minutes ago, 1DayPGA said:

DLS D. is much better than Helix. There are not going to be many holes for the Ngata bros. to run thru and Bennett is not going to have as much time to throw as he did against Helix. 

Speculative again. DLS doesn't have as many returners. Brand new QB, etc......

I honestly think DLS is more of an unknown in this game than Folsom is. Scheme and personnel wise.

Just now, Rippers said:

I find it amusing that the Jake Browning Folsom teams are suddenly being disparaged by the Folsom crew after years of adoration.

Not at all. Those were the best teams arguably for Folsom.

You missed the point. The teams are different. Bennett is a mobile QB. Browning was not. Simple as that.

Fake news.

7 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

I never implied such. Najee was a one man show. Folsom is not. That is my point. Many weapons or notFolsom will have to play much better than they did against Helix if they want to stay within 3 TD's against DLS.

If Folsom can put up 49 points with those 2 only putting up nominal numbers, imagine the score if those two go off? I'm trying to imagine why neither one of them went off against a weaker defense in Helix then what they'll see come August?

Speculative again. DLS doesn't have as many returners. Brand new QB, etc...... DLS has enough returners with playing experience. These lasts few posts have been what the Folsom offense and the Ngata bros. are capable of. Folsom has and can put up many points against weaker comp. Against better comp. we shall see. Regarding brand new QB we've discussed in prior posts. As you like to say, he'll be bigger, stronger, faster....

I honestly think DLS is more of an unknown in this game than Folsom is. Scheme and personnel wise. Unknown? Yes and no. What Folsom does know is DLS has and can control the game with their veer. What Folsom doesn't know is how good the new QB is. FEAR THE UNKNOWN!

• Like 1

On 5/15/2018 at 11:48 AM, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

If we to collectively, as a group, come up with a betting line on the Folsom/DLS game, what would it be?

I will start it off with DLS -2 at home.

Final Calpreps rankings from 2017, for reference. Keep in mind both teams should look different next year, especially DLS. Folsom core will be the same, will some young additions from the JV squad.

Capture.PNG

There's your 1st mistake, pulling that piece of tissue outta your ass.

And posting it on this esteemed forum.

Regards

C.A.

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

Folsom put up more points against the same competition (common opponent) in Central, than DLS did.

Is that not enough for you?

No,  because DLS was without their two best players that game and because DLS played them first.  You don't think there was any extra motivation on Folsom's part to at least match the point differential in that game, whereas DLS just did what they had to do to win the game?

1 minute ago, Rippers said:

No,  because DLS was without their two best players that game and because DLS played them first.

LOL excuses, excuses. Yawn.........

Folsom could have put 70 on that team.

But does it really matter? It just shows there isn't a wide gap between the two teams next year.

And you DLS homers can't accept it.

4 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

LOL excuses, excuses. Yawn.........

Folsom could have put 70 on that team.

But does it really matter? It just shows there isn't a wide gap between the two teams next year.

And you DLS homers can't accept it.

No excuses at all.  Folsom scored two touchdowns with less than 4 minute left in the game, one defensively, to pad the scoreboard.  That game turned into a shootout.

De La Salle allowed only 7 points in the second half vs. Central and only scored once in the 4th quarter (Folsom scored 20 in the 4th quarter of their game).  They were in control and were not concerned about having to outpace the opponent.  

Same differential, completely different games.  DLS probably could have put up 70 on that team if they were so inclined.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Rippers said:

No excuses at all.  Folsom scored two touchdowns with less than 4 minute left in the game, one defensively, to pad the scoreboard.  That game turned into a shootout.

You are giving excuses.

You contradict yourself- If it was close and a "shoot out" then why would Folsom try to score simply to "pad stats?" Wouldn't they try to score to win the game? I didn't know defensive scores were considered padding the scoreboard.

Just another effort to discredit Folsom because DLS homers are nervous. Which I get, to an extent. But c'mon. You guys just look dumb, always trying to explain away every key detail that doesn't go in your favor.

Same point differential. Sure, two different games. There were different teams on the field with different styles.

You still haven't proven a large gap, if any last year. There isn't one next year.

I can't wait.

11 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

You contradict yourself- If it was close and a "shoot out" then why would Folsom try to score simply to "pad stats?" Wouldn't they try to score to win the game? I didn't know defensive scores were considered padding the scoreboard.

There is no contradiction nor excuses.  Once again, you are ignoring what is written to promote your agenda.  The  "turned into a shoot-out" comment referred to the 34 combined points scored in the 4th quarter (There were 7 in the DLS-Central game). Show me where I said it was close.  A last minute pick 6 will pad the scoreboard differential, that is not padding stats and I did not say they should not score given the opportunity.  But if he fell down after the pick and Folsom ran the clock out, your "same differential" versus their only common opponent argument falls right out the window.  In the same light, Folsom got one more pick at the end of the game.  He returns that and all we hear is "Folsom beat Central by more than DLS did".  You can call them making excuses or pointing out the facts, I don't care.   But Folsom's 19 point margin of victory is not necessarily comparable to DLS's 19 point margin.  And besides, like you enjoy pointing out, last years teams are not this years teams, so it is a moot point in the first place.

• Like 1

There is no contradiction nor excuses.  Once again, you are ignoring what is written to promote your agenda.

No, you are doing the same thing you are stating, in order to promote your agenda. I will simply counter.

Same point differential, no matter how you spin it. It doesn't matter how or when the points were scored. They were scored. Same point differential.

I am simply pointing out there wasn't much of a gap last year, if any.

Next year, we do not know about DLS as much as we know about Folsom. I like my chances.

Folsom by 10.

Here is the funny part.  Is that even how both games played out or am I just making things up to support an agenda?

You are implying that the way the points were scored or given up, make one team superior over another, despite the same point differential.

Even if Folsom had blown out Central by 70, we would get: Folsom was just stat padding, played no defense, etc.....Anything to make it seem like DLSs victory was somehow superior.

This is exactly why I pushed so hard for this game to happen. Statements like the ones you have offered. There is nothing wrong with it. I just see it different.

And the game is happening.

19 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

You are implying that the way the points were scored or given up, make one team superior over another, despite the same point differential.

That is actually your implication.  My implication is point differential is not necessarily an apples to apples comparison.  Just like a daisy chain is not a valid argument either.  Also that you don't necessarily remember the details of the Folsom-Central game since you did not point out if I was wrong or not.

For the record, I was wrong....it was a fumble return, not an INT:

Fittingly, or oddly enough, Folsom didn’t seal it until CJ Hutton scooped up a fumble and raced down the Central sideline 62 yards for a touchdown for the final points with 2:51 left. This came a moment after Bennett hit Joe Ngata for a 7-yard touchdown, the second time of the night Ngata simply outmuscled tight coverage by latching onto the ball.

Just now, Rippers said:

For the record, I was wrong....it was a fumble return, not an INT:

Fittingly, or oddly enough, Folsom didn’t seal it until CJ Hutton scooped up a fumble and raced down the Central sideline 62 yards for a touchdown for the final points with 2:51 left. This came a moment after Bennett hit Joe Ngata for a 7-yard touchdown, the second time of the night Ngata simply outmuscled tight coverage by latching onto the ball.

Maybe they just forced the fumble to run up the score?

Bastards!

😎

8 hours ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

I never implied such. Najee was a one man show. Folsom is not. That is my point.

If Folsom can put up 49 points with those 2 only putting up nominal numbers, imagine the score if those two go off!

Speculative again. DLS doesn't have as many returners. Brand new QB, etc......

I honestly think DLS is more of an unknown in this game than Folsom is. Scheme and personnel wise.

Omg! THIS is what you’re going on!? Let me let you in on something. DLS has FIVE 3-year starters on defense. Foskey, To oto’o, Wilson, Marshall, Wallace. 3 of which are playing Saturdays. Junior two -year starters in Garrett and Daley. DLS’s Jv defense was phenomenal. I guaran effing tee Folsom has not come close to seeing a defense like they’re gonna see on Aug 17. Do you really think DLS is going to let the Ngata bros go off? Ain’t gonna happn capn. You’d better pray there’s REAL athletes on Folsom to score against a defense like they haven’t seen. Don’t let the MD score against DLS give you a false sense of badassness.

Unknown commodity in a Hale? Shhhhh. Don’t tell anyone ok....but um uh....he’s good. Probably going to be playing Saturdays too. But shhhhhh,  Keep that under your hat. Thanks.

14 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

Foskey, To oto’o, Wilson, Marshall, Wallace. 3 of which are playing Saturdays. Junior two -year starters in Garrett and Daley. DLS’s Jv defense was phenomenal.

That is not even as impressive as what Folsom has coming back. 

Folsom's JV team was undefeated too. 

I don't see your point.