Folsom/DLS Vegas Betting Line

3 hours ago, Wosinc said:

I don’t think Folsom Prison is the (former) troll.

He’s been pretty level-headed about this game.

Don’t confuse him with FolsomPrisonBlues, the  former troll formerly known as TheBlockisHot.

Thanks, Wosinc for catching that. 

My bad, Folsom Prison. I didn’t look close enough at the screen names. I was responding to Block, not you. My apologies.

5 hours ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

Btw - recruiting update on the Ngata brothers. 

Daniyel Ngata has added offers from Michigan and Alabama.

Joe Ngata was offered by Ohio State last week too. This is on top of Alabama, and Clemson, among others. 

Decent sibling combo. 

😎

To oto’o has offers from everywhere. Foskey has offered from everywhere too. These two guys are going to be eating Bennett's lunch.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

DLS’s 2 best players didn’t play. Jesuit and Sac held Folsom to under 30. Are you saying that DLS is in the same plane as those two?

And? Folsom didn't play their best game it was still the same. Makes zero difference.

Jesuit got 41 points scored on them in ONE HALF. They had a better showing the second game.

The only thing I am saying is what I have been saying all week. Folsom by 10.

To oto’o has offers from everywhere. Foskey has offered from everywhere too. These two guys are going to be eating Bennett's lunch.  

That's awesome.

Our skill players are going to eat DLS for lunch.

Just too many athletes for Folsom. 🏆

Are you going to start cussing and calling me names now? 😎

2 hours ago, Folsom Prison said:

For the hundredth time... I'm not Block or FolsomPrisonBlues. Write that down because you constantly forget. I have NEVER said DLS is on the same level as SFL teams. I give the upmost respect for DLS. I have never trolled on this forum, only defended Folsom vs SoCal haters and mainly you. The only person on this entire forum I have pissed off is you and maybe Sammy, but I think he secretly likes me. 

All that I'm saying is the way that you talk, which is completely obnoxious, if this game is close (within 7 points), just delete your account. 

It was late. Eyes were tired. Big difference between you and block. My apologies again. 

4 hours ago, 1DayPGA said:

Rather then going back and forth. I will gladly take DLS getting 10. Blueliner likes it as well and I'm sure there will be a host of other fans that would be more then happy to take the Spartans. I do agree that Folsom is a solid team and have really established their program. They have represented NorCal well, they just need to make more of an impact on the national level in order to get the recognition that they desire. 

Folsom -10. Lol! I wish he had the cojones to actually bet that. But we all know what his credit rating is here.

Agree with your post. Folsom is in the discussion for second best team in NorCal...and that group is very small. I like Folsom,  just not a big fan of certain fans is all. 

37 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

Folsom -10. Lol! I wish he had the cojones to actually bet that. But we all know what his credit rating is here.

Agree with your post. Folsom is in the discussion for second best team in NorCal...and that group is very small. I like Folsom,  just not a big fan of certain fans is all. 

Yea, -10 I would jump all over that like a Snickers bar in front of a fat kid.  

Folsom has made a name for themselves up here in NorCal as the 2nd best but you have other teams that are trying to make that run as well. Like Pittsburg and St. Mary's. Credit to coach Galli, and coach Franks, for scheduling S. Cal powers in the past preseason to try and earn their street cred. Speaking of which Pitt. and St. Mary's do battle on 8/24 at Pitt. that should be a very good game. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

I like Folsom by 10.

Not Folsom -10. Big difference.

Go look at the original post in this thread. I stated my line. 

4 minutes ago, 1DayPGA said:

Folsom has made a name for themselves up here in NorCal as the 2nd best but you have other teams that are trying to make that run as well. Like Pittsburg and St. Mary's. Credit to coach Galli, and coach Franks, for scheduling S. Cal powers in the past preseason to try and earn their street cred. Speaking of which Pitt. and St. Mary's do battle on 8/24 at Pitt. that should be a very good game. 

See above. 

2 hours ago, 1DayPGA said:

Exactly! I honk Pitt wins that one. I think Folsom should worry more about Pitt than DLS. They’re loaded like they haven’t been since they beat DLS 100 years ago....and they’ve got their D1 dual threat qb back this year. I might actually go to Stockton to see that game.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

That's awesome.

Our skill players are going to eat DLS for lunch.

Just too many athletes for Folsom. 🏆

Are you going to start cussing and calling me names now? 😎

Nope. We’ve already discussed this. No cussing.👍

DLS’s front 4 will get plenty of pressure on Bennett. To oto’o (is going to be a nightmare)will spy Bennet and DLS will drop 6. Folsom will make mistakes and DLS will get stops . They’ll get the ball back and pummel that Folsom D one more time. We’ve seen this movie before. 

Folsom vets w key returnees vs DLS game one of season in August... wouldn’t a DLS win and especially a convincing one be a Mythbreakers episode in several ways?  :) 

Cant wait for this tilt!  Yes, as much as I dig OOS games there should be an in-state  test of similar quality in a different class for example in some state cases or here in Cali it’s all for the win in NorCal, Ali-Frazier.  

Now if ESPN is calling hard to pass up I would think if it’s in-state power or OOS w ESPN option.  

Finally STA plays Miami Central this season.  As local fans, this is cooler than OOS.  When Texans talk local tilts of interest, they aren’t Bsing us... it matters more.   With that said, if you schedule OOS (the schools we discuss regularly) you most definitely are playing to win and in some cases early can knock out a MNC contender right away (Calpreps excluded). Big games to fans matter.  If it’s 5 miles away or thousands you play to win the game.  :)  

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Folsom vets w key returnees vs DLS game one of season in August... wouldn’t a DLS win and especially a convincing one be a Mythbreakers episode in several ways?  :) 

Cant wait for this tilt!  Yes, as much as I dig OOS games there should be an in-state  test of similar quality in a different class for example in some state cases or here in Cali it’s all for the win in NorCal, Ali-Frazier.  

Now if ESPN is calling hard to pass up I would think if it’s in-state power or OOS w ESPN option.  

Finally STA plays Miami Central this season.  As local fans, this is cooler than OOS.  When Texans talk local tilts of interest, they aren’t Bsing us... it matters more.   With that said, if you schedule OOS (the schools we discuss regularly) you most definitely are playing to win and in some cases early can knock out a MNC contender right away (Calpreps excluded). Big games to fans matter.  If it’s 5 miles away or thousands you play to win the game.  :)  

Word!

DLS has plenty coming back as well. And theyve significany upgraded on the one spot that has killed them the last two seasons....QB.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

I will address your concerns directly. My responses are in red.

1. Yes, Bennett is more experienced. Yes, more experienced AND accomplished. I will take this over an unknown soph any day.

2. Yes, Folsom has more receivers but iIll take DLS RB's and TE. Really? So, you will take DLSs RB's over Daniyel Ngata, who has offers from Michigan, Alabama, among others? Even besides him, Folsom has a few other RBs that are Very good.

3.  If #2 above refers to QB/WR/RB what are we talking about here. What's left the lineman and LB's. I would take DLS over Folsom in a heartbeat. If there IS a gap, which there may be, it is small. You may "take" who you want. The bottom line is we will all see come August.

4. I would take DLS defense over Folsom's any day and if you're honest with yourself you would too. I said we had a GOOD defense. Which is true. I never said anything about "taking them" over DLS. But, Folsom can MORE than hold their own. All experiences seniors on the line now. Bigger, stronger, faster. I like their chances.

5. Really!! You want to compare Folsom's line with DLS? I didn't make reference to this. I was speaking about our line, and our line only. I addressed this above. Yes, really.

6.  Are you trying to say that Folsom has a coaching adv. over DLS? The 2X's against the DLS veer Folsom got smoked. Have the Folsom coaches designed a new game plan to stop the veer?  And on offense your QB Browning was running for his life. Are you saying Bennett is a better QB then Browning, and this year's core of rcvrs are better than what Browning had? No, what I am trying to say is this- Folsom coaches have coached against DLS before. They have seen the veer before. They have seen it twice a year in Jesuit, and have seen DLSs veer, even when they were a much tougher team. This counts for something. How much? We will see. You are reading into this too much.

If the Folsom QB is pressured like the last 2X's there are no weapons. Is Jake Browning still the QB at Folsom? Maybe he comes back for a return in 2018? C'mon man. Jake was and isn't a mobile QB. Apples to oranges. What is the difference in this game is that Bennett IS HIGHLY MOBILE AND can throw the ball. DLS will throw the kitchen sink at him, but he can move out of the pocket and make plays to his highly touted weapons. IMHO, this is the factor that may decide the game, either way.

Are you enlightened? Not in the least bit. My response was to another poster who requested to be enlightened. I obliged. I just think it is funny when DLS guys get backed into a corner, they immediate revert to "You got smoked in 2013!" This is comical to me considering this was 5 years ago, different teams, coaches, and players. NOT ONE player from 2013 plays in the 2018 teams on either side. I am sure when this game is all said and done, not one person will bring this up again. I am excited.

Folsom by 10.

I’m not enlightened either. This is the same stuff you’ve been saying all along. 

1. Bennett is good. But I promise you, Hale is not Storti or Jones. 

2. D. Ngata is good. To oto’o, Hale, Garrett, Coby, and Hackett are going to rush for 300 yards in this game. Mark my words. Two words for you ...ball control. Folsom’s margin for error is going to be miniscule.

3. The DLS lines will dominate the LOS. Then ya got the 2 D1 LBs flying around makin plays.

4.Folsom can hold their own? They gave up 42 points to a team that scored 7 against Paraclete. Safe to say that it’s not even close.

5. See #3

6. Yes. The Folsom coaches have seen DLS before 🤣....and please don’t compare Jesuit’s veer to DLS. I’m trying to help ya, bro.

7. Bennett will be pressured like he last 2x. 

8. The games in 12 and 13 don’t mean squat. Quit spreading that BS.

49-28 DLS

Lots of opinions about this one.

Folsum's biggest asset is the twins. DLS's is the program. They have been a big boy for decades and Folsum is just getting their feet wet in the current era.... Jake Browning's Sr season team being a possible exception and even that team played no one in the "big boy" group. 

To be the big dog you have to beat the big dog. Until that happens, Folsum will not gain the respect that DLS has rightfully earned. I personally would like to see Folsum prevail to help make Norcal more interesting but I frankly don't see that happening.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Blueliner said:

I’m not enlightened either. This is the same stuff you’ve been saying all along. 

1. Bennett is good. But I promise you, Hale is not Storti or Jones. 

2. D. Ngata is good. To oto’o, Hale, Garrett, Coby, and Hackett are going to rush for 300 yards in this game. Mark my words. Two words for you ...ball control. Folsom’s margin for error is going to be miniscule.

3. The DLS lines will dominate the LOS. Then ya got the 2 D1 LBs flying around makin plays.

4.Folsom can hold their own? They gave up 42 points to a team that scored 7 against Paraclete. Safe to say that it’s not even close.

5. See #3

6. Yes. The Folsom coaches have seen DLS before 🤣....and please don’t compare Jesuit’s veer to DLS. I’m trying to help ya, bro.

7. Bennett will be pressured like he last 2x. 

8. The games in 12 and 13 don’t mean squat. Quit spreading that BS. 

49-28 DLS 

My responses in red.

I’m not enlightened either. This is the same stuff you’ve been saying all along. It is true. Should I not say it?

1. Bennett is good. But I promise you, Hale is not Storti or Jones. Bennett is good. And does the QB matter all that much for DLS? They are going to throw it what? 5 times? Awesome, can't wait for the air show.

2. D. Ngata is good. To oto’o, Hale, Garrett, Coby, and Hackett are going to rush for 300 yards in this game. Mark my words. Two words for you ...ball control. Folsom’s margin for error is going to be miniscule. Fake news. Nobody is running for 300 yards. Folsom's line is all seniors this year. Bigger, faster, and stronger. And, with a lot of time to prepare for this game. Normally, they would have less than a week to prepare, due to being a mid season or playoff game. They have had months. There is a bigger chance DLS has more than 5 false starts in that game, versus then running for 300 yards.

3. The DLS lines will dominate the LOS. Then ya got the 2 D1 LBs flying around makin plays. Speculation. You haven't even seen this DLS team, minus a handful of players. We have seen this whole Folsom team play last year as all juniors. We have something to go off of.

4.Folsom can hold their own? They gave up 42 points to a team that scored 7 against Paraclete. Safe to say that it’s not even close. Daisy chaining scores is dangerous. But since you want to bring it up, look how many they scored on them. Helix was bigger and full of seniors. They were twice the size on the line and Folsom's smaller line pushed them around for a good portion of the game. To me, this is a good indicator for next year, considering Folsom's line will be bigger, stronger, faster, and will have months and months to prepare.

Common opponent in Cental. Folsom gives up nearly the same points as DLS does and scores more. Point margin the same. Do the math. Big difference eh? Nope.

5. See #3 See above

6. Yes. The Folsom coaches have seen DLS before 🤣....and please don’t compare Jesuit’s veer to DLS. I’m trying to help ya, bro. Yes, they have seen DLSs veer. And Jesuit's veer, being seen twice last year, is better than the scout team veer they would get in practice as prep. Tough to argue. I am trying to help you.

7. Bennett will be pressured like he last 2x. The last 2x? He was on the team in 2012 and 2013? He was 12 or 13 years old then. He must be a legend at Folsom. This goes back to my point of DLS homers thinking 5 year old games with different players are indicative of games in 2018. We have seen Folsom. DLS is much more of an unknown next year. This could be a good thing or it could be a bad thing. We will see. I like our chances.

Jake Browning was not a mobile QB whatsoever and it showed against the two games with DLS. Bennett is a mobile QB AND can throw. This will make DLSs pressure even more interesting. Do they send the kitchen sink and leave the weapons one on one? No way. Do they spy? Maybe. I don't think you will see a lot of drop back passes, looking to throw bombs, like you did with Browning. Looks for a lot of other quick stuff to get the ball to Folsom athletes in space. This is where they have an advantage.

8. The games in 12 and 13 don’t mean squat. Quit spreading that BS. I agree. I have been yelling at you DLS homers to stop spreading fake news about 5 year old games, in an effort to get others on the bandwagon. Even if you don't say it, you guys are nervous. I know that for a fact. You have a lot more at stake than Folsom does.

42-32 Folsom. On DLSs field.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

Michigan. Alabama. This kid is only a junior.

Good luck stopping this kid at RB. Just hope his brother Joe (Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State, etc...) doesn't get the ball either.

Good to the luck.

Capture.PNG

Kid’s a stud for sure. But I recall a very down DLS squad holding Najee Harris to 110 yards when he was averaging 200+ per game a couple of years back. MANY kids on this current DLS defense (who are now 3 year starters) played big minutes in that game. Ngata is really good, but he’s not Najee Harris. To oto’o and Wilson, both D1 LBs that can run as fast as Ngata, will be keeping tabs on him. 👍

Kid’s a stud for sure. But I recall a very down DLS squad holding Najee Harris to 110 yards when he was averaging 200+ per game a couple of years back. MANY kids on this current DLS defense (who are now 3 year starters) played big minutes in that game. Ngata is really good, but he’s not Najee Harris. To oto’o and Wilson, both D1 LBs that can run as fast as Ngata, will be keeping tabs on him. 👍

Najee was a one man show.

Daniyel Ngata is a junior and just one part of the show. You also have big bro Joe Ngata. along with many other weapons.

Folsom doesn't run the "Antioch, give it to Najee and get out of the way" offense. They have a balanced offense with many weapons.

Big difference.

Thanks for the props though.

10 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

Najee was a one man show.

Daniyel Ngata is a junior and just one part of the show. You also have big bro Joe Ngata. along with many other weapons.

Folsom doesn't run the "Antioch, give it to Najee and get out of the way" offense. They have a balanced offense with many weapons.

Big difference.

Thanks for the props though.

Agreed. Folsom has many other weapons. But they still held the 1 player in the country to half of his total yards...as mostly sophomores. I speculate that Daniel will end up as a non-factor for the most part. To stay level with DLS, Folsom will likely resort to what they do best...pass. Once they go one-dimensional, it’s over. That being said, if D. Ngata goes off, Folsom will have a shot. 

4 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

But they still held the 1 player in the country to half of his total yards...as mostly sophomores.

Antioch sucked outside of Najee. Stack the box and stop the run. Easy to do, even with the best RB in the country, if the other team has no weapons.

Some players might be a non factor for Folsom, against DLS. Cool. They have a plethora of weapons. Nobody is stopping Joe Ngata, and he will likely put on a show.

I think for DLS to stay on Folsom's level, they will have to score 40 points. 1st game of the year, new young QB, relying solely on the run? Good luck.

This Folsom team is different.

Say DLS stops D Ngata- throw to J Ngata.

Say DLS stops the pass- run

Say DLS stops Bennett from running- pass

The Browning Folsom teams were much more one dimensional. Don't confuse that with the 2018 Dogs.