Folsom/DLS Vegas Betting Line

If we to collectively, as a group, come up with a betting line on the Folsom/DLS game, what would it be?

I will start it off with DLS -2 at home.

Final Calpreps rankings from 2017, for reference. Keep in mind both teams should look different next year, especially DLS. Folsom core will be the same, will some young additions from the JV squad.

Capture.PNG

If we’re pretending what a real LV line would be, I think DLS -7 is about right

1). DLS is at home

2). I think DLS can objectively be considered SLIGHTLY better (1-3 points)

3). I think oddsmakers would also consider betting sentiment residue from their prior 2 games 

1 hour ago, Pops said:

If we’re pretending what a real LV line would be, I think DLS -7 is about right

1). DLS is at home

2). I think DLS can objectively be considered SLIGHTLY better (1-3 points)

3). I think oddsmakers would also consider betting sentiment residue from their prior 2 games 

Well I hope 5dimes puts out a line on it so I can bet the max on the game. 

8 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Well I hope 5dimes puts out a line on it so I can bet the max on the game. 

Agreed. This would be the first HSFB game I’ve ever bet on...and I’d out pretty much all of my leftover 2016 election winnings on DLS, regardless the spread. 

The only entertaining line would be the odds of the entire DLS team being charged with assault at the end of the 3rd quarter. 😂

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, zulu1128 said:

Agreed. This would be the first HSFB game I’ve ever bet on...and I’d out pretty much all of my leftover 2016 election winnings on DLS, regardless the spread. 

The only entertaining line would be the odds of the entire DLS team being charged with assault at the end of the 3rd quarter. 😂

Must have had fabulous odds on election 

I’m expecting Folsom to show well in this game, maybe even shock most of you and win. Go ahead and call me crazy but I really like Folsom here. Biggest thing Folsom has going for it is that it is the first game of the season and that is the best time to beat DLS. Winner of this game will represent NorCal in the Open versus MD/Bosco winner.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

I’m expecting Folsom to show well in this game, maybe even shock most of you and win. Go ahead and call me crazy but I really like Folsom here.

Me too. The Reno boys are incredibly talented. Dls does not have anybody that can stop them. Folsom wins this one.

Biggest thing Folsom has going for it is that it is the first game of the season and that is the best time to beat DLS.

But this is a total myth. 😂

Winner of this game will represent NorCal in the Open versus MD/Bosco winner.

Winner of this game gets slaughtered in the CIF D1 open bowl game. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

I’m expecting Folsom to show well in this game, maybe even shock most of you and win. Go ahead and call me crazy but I really like Folsom here. Biggest thing Folsom has going for it is that it is the first game of the season and that is the best time to beat DLS. Winner of this game will represent NorCal in the Open versus MD/Bosco winner.

I think it comes down to how ready the DLS defense is.  They need to hold Folsom to 28 or less.  

I originally thought DLS would be 2 TD favorite.

Upon further evaluation on DLS not playing top CA competition before the Open Championship coupled with their recent lack of success against good competition, the line has moved to -3.5 Folsom.

A further adjustment for Pop's relentless misrepresentation of reality is good for another -3 points to Folsom bringing the line to -6.5 Folsom.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

I originally thought DLS would be 2 TD favorite.

Upon further evaluation on DLS not playing top CA competition before the Open Championship coupled with their recent lack of success against good competition, the line has moved to -3.5 Folsom.

A further adjustment for Pop's relentless misrepresentation of reality is good for another -3 points to Folsom bringing the line to -6.5 Folsom.

Pops is actually giving Folsom a shot. Give him some love. I on the other hand am confident that DLS will win by a minimum of 2 TDS. Go look at some Folsom tape and tell me THAT defense is gonna stop Sparty. Ain’t gonna happn’ Capn’!

2 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

Why? DLS will score 60 if they have to. And DLS will hold them to about 28. Give or take a few points. 

I’m figuring with slow start DLS might be good for 35.  If it were the third or fourth game, add 14.

17 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

Pops...He’s actually giving Folsom a shot. Give him some love. I on the other hand am confident that DLS will win by a minimum of 2 TDS. Go look at some Folsom tape and tell me THAT defense is gonna stop Sparty. Ain’t gonna happn’ Capn’!

Folsom 54-35 Central

DLS 49-30 Central

The only common oppoenent we have. Folsoms defense isn’t as bad as you think. You’ve watched literally one game of Folsom and think you know what you’re talking about. I’ve watched way more DLS games than you have watched of Folsom. DLS is going to have a hard time stopping Folsoms offense. 

On topic, spread should be DLS -3.5

The DLS homers like to bring up Folsom's defense. They were ALL juniors last year. They are seniors this year. Bigger, stronger, faster. They probably have the best defense and line in Northern Cali, outside of DLS.

But can DLS stop all Folsom's weapons? Nope.

Will Folsom give up some points? Yep.

I think Folsom's defense has enough stops in them for a win.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

if Folsom doesnt have the beef to play Bosco or MD. here is a preview of the 4th quarter 

Image result for running clock

• Like 1

Questions to ponder.

If DLS and Folsom would've of played last year who would've of won?

Common opponent Central. Similar wins. 

Best win for DLS was over SJC.

Best win for Folsom St. Mary's or Helix?

Worst defeat DLS losing to BG. Losing to MD at state was expected. 

Folsom no losses but scheduling Coeur D'Alene for out of state opponent? "Come on man"

Which team will  be better or worst this year?

DLS - Breaking in a new young QB, losing 3 yr RB Robinson and 3 yr lineman Tuli, 

Folsom  Losing a few players like Ward and Lara on def. and Rupchock and Weldy on off. Not star players but good players

Advantage-Folsom

DLS Returning star players LB/RB To'oto'o, TE/DE Foskey, Garrett,   

Returning QB Bennett, Ngata brothers, and numerous receivers

I'd give the edge to Folsom due to experience

LOS - DLS by a wide margin

So it's the same old question will Folsom be able to stop DLS run game and will DLS be able to put pressure on Folsom's QB to slow down their passing game.  

History has shown that DLS will shut down the Bulldogs

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

History 5 and 6 years ago. Different teams. Different players.

Sounds like history will repeat itself. Folsom shouldn't even show up.

True 5-6 yrs. ago but some guy that was kinda smart once said "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again but expecting different results" 

download.jpg.afdefc722cb710bb3bc080cf56b1cd41.jpg

• Haha 1

Just now, 1DayPGA said:

True 5-6 yrs. ago but some guy that was kinda smart once said "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again but expecting different results" 

download.jpg.afdefc722cb710bb3bc080cf56b1cd41.jpg

That holds true if this were a professional team with a similar roster.

Unfortunately- different rosters, and even some different coaches.

Folsom by 10

• Like 1