Random Georgia News

ECHS05

On 6/9/2018 at 10:32 PM, HawgGoneIt said:

6 foot tall and 180 lbs in 8th grade. 

We'll leave more than a light on for him. We'll leave the fridge unlocked and everything. 

Might need a bigger fridge. 🤤

No *might* to it.  I'm thinking a double door setup.

http://www.thermador.com/refrigeration/refrigerator-columns/t36ir900sp-36-inch-built-in-fresh-food-column

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:
26 minutes ago, Fred said:

I'm truly happy for the kid but it seems as though Grayson players were catching crap because immediate playing time factored into their decisions not to play at UGA.

As it should be. 

Rufus>>

Will you please expound on this for me?  Why is it okay one kid to get praised for this and another to be condemned?  Serious question, unless you were weren't serious and I totally missed it.

Another spring game score from May 18th... Defending 2A State Champ Hapeville Charter beat 6A Quarterfinalist Mays 3-0 in Varsity time...

Both will be pretty good again. Hapeville will start as a favorite to win 2A again, although they did lose a decent amount of talent.

18 hours ago, Fred said:

Will you please expound on this for me?  Why is it okay one kid to get praised for this and another to be condemned?  Serious question, unless you were weren't serious and I totally missed it.

Fred....I would think this would be self-explanatory.   One players is from godly Colquitt and the other group of players are from ungodly Grayson.  

Roseanne Barr and Sam Bee.

Besides...I read it on Facebook.....

Rufus>>

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

Fred....I would think this would be self-explanatory.   One players is from godly Colquitt and the other group of players are from ungodly Grayson.  

Roseanne Barr and Sam Bee.

Besides...I read it on Facebook.....

Rufus>>

Bahahahaha!  Sorry I took it too serious.  I was in the middle of some serious stuff at work when I popped over here for a short break and my mindset was wrong.  Good one.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Another spring game score from May 18th... Defending 2A State Champ Hapeville Charter beat 6A Quarterfinalist Mays 3-0 in Varsity time...

Both will be pretty good again. Hapeville will start as a favorite to win 2A again, although they did lose a decent amount of talent.

Waiting for the "bush leaguers" to 'splain that one away....

Crickets.....

C.A.

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Waiting for the "bush leaguers" to 'splain that one away....

Crickets.....

C.A.

giphy.gif

Hapeville Charter barely lost to a Top 3 Alabama team last year, Thompson, 21-20... I wish they were playing that one again.

Thompson was 12-1 in ALs largest class, with a regular season win over Hoover 32-25.

Tua Tagovailoas lil bro plays for them.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Hapeville Charter barely lost to a Top 3 Alabama team last year, Thompson, 21-20... I wish they were playing that one again.

Thompson was 12-1 in ALs largest class, with a regular season win over Hoover 32-25.

Tua Tagovailoas lil bro plays for them.

Yeah, the Fam left the island and moved to Bama....

Wonder how that cultural thing is working out?

BGW

7 hours ago, Sportsnut said:

They also beat Marietta in 7 on 7 .

Last week

Im assuming that was the Cam Newton 7on7...

Marietta won that 7on competition. Hapeville finished 3rd

Westlake finished 2nd

Marietta will be playing in the Corky Kell 7on also... That will be interesting... Pretty much every Preseason Top 10 team in GA will be there with the exception of Rome.

7 minutes ago, DB4 said:

How good is Tucker going to be? My little sis goes there and little bro graduated from there so I've followed them for a few years now. Very consistent program

They lost a TON of talent.

Last year they finished 12-2 losing to Coffee 14-3 in the 6A Semifinals. They wont be nearly that good this season IMO. However... Tucker is never bad... But this will definitely be a rebuilding year for them.

This link will show you the FBS studs they lost to graduation... https://georgia.247sports.com/Season/2018-Football/Recruits?Player.Enabled=False&Recruitment.Enabled=True&PlayerSport.PlayerInstitution.Institution.Key=9595

Heres the talent Tucker lost last season... 

Signees: 4 SEC , 1 Big12, 1 Sun Belt , 1 Conf. USA, 1 MWC , and 9 Sub-FBS level signees

4* WR Josh Vann - South Carolina (SEC) ... Last year had 867 receiving yards & 12 TDs on 46 catches, for an 18.8 ypc average... Tucker didnt throw it a lot, but when they did it was to Vann... Hes going to be a stud at USC

4* OT Dylan Wonnum - South Carolina (SEC)

4* ILB Michael Harris - Auburn (SEC)

3* S Trevon Flowers - Tennessee (SEC)

3* OLB Gerry Vaughn - Iowa St. (Big12)

3* OLB Anthony Showers - Troy (Sun Belt)

3* ILB Tre Leslie - Western Kentucky (Conference USA)

3* OLB Cam'Ron Carter - Colorado St. (MWC)

3* S Malachi Bucker - Gardner-Webb (Big South)

2* APB Taurean Taylor - Tuskegee (SIAC)

2* DT Terrell Paxton - Kennesaw St. (Big South)

LB Malik Ransom - Reinhardt (Mid-South)

DL Nick Williams - Miles (SIAC)

S Jalen Jefferson - Davidson (Pioneer)

S Jakobi Jones - Lincoln (CIAA)

CB Garen McKinney - Lincoln (CIAA)

CB Tylan Oglesby - Lincoln (CIAA)

3 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

GA HSFB begins 9 weeks from tomorrow. 'Cheah.

I understand your post...and semantically...you are correct.  But for some of us...Georgia High School football began Jan 8th for this year.

"The best cure for disappointment is going back to work".

That may be a Chinese proverb.  I'll hafta check with Ivanka.....

Rufus>>

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

I understand your post...and semantically...you are correct.  But for some of us...Georgia High School football began Jan 8th for this year.

"The best cure for disappointment is going back to work".

That may be a Chinese proverb.  I'll hafta check with Ivanka.....

Rufus>>

That'd Princess Ivanka to you.

xD