Random Georgia News

ECHS05

1 minute ago, Columbiafan said:

So what are they accomplishing by playing them?  Can they not find a homecoming opponent from GA or do those weaker teams in GA just don't want to play them? 

Yes to the latter. The more dominant programs struggle to find games because the little guys aren't interested.

How many times are we going to rehash the same old bullshit? These topics have been covered multiple times for you.

Please archive this for future reference whenever you forget again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/28/2018 at 4:32 PM, ECHS05 said:

Today I realized there needs to be a running thread dedicated to posting random Georgia HSFB news. 

How about once the season starts doing a recap each week on the top 10 GA teams results from the prior week? 

5 minutes ago, On2whls said:

How about once the season starts doing a recap each week on the top 10 GA teams results from the prior week? 

Might be the deepest year weve ever had... Or close to it...

Not sure Top 10 will be enough this year, well go with Top 15.... 😎

• Like 1

Another random bit of news....

It looks like Archer is going to be the same type of team they were last year... Very strong on D, and a little sluggish on O.

Archer played Dacula in their spring game... Dacula has a good D themselves, as the game ended with Archer winning 17-3. With Varsity starters, Archer won 14-3.

Needless to say, their 5* CB Andrew Booth did it all on both sides of the ball... 

--- Obviously theres only so much you can learn from a spring game, but its not a coincidence Archer looks the same as last year.

16 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Is Camden County any closer to reviving? 

They actually lost their spring game to Single A Charlton Co. 7-6.

Charlton is one of the better 1A teams but for Camden to lose to them... Thats really not good. If theyd lost to 1A ELCA 7-6, Id say its ok. But they didnt...

Camden is going to struggle again... Until their offense gets better, they arent going to do much. Their entire offensive system was based around the WingT... Changing it from top to bottom is obviously going to take time.

Im guessing they finish last in Region 1 again, and miss the playoffs.

To bring back how ... Insanely wrong and off base... I thought Rufus ranking Brookwood in the preseason Top 5 a few weeks back was...

He said they have a Program"... Which I proved false, by showing their record/playoff results/rankings over the past 7 years where theyve not once been ranked in the Top 5. 

BUT to add to it, they bring back 1 single starter on Defense. And 1 single starter on offense... And the 1 starter on offense is their Center.

If Brookwood is Top 25 in GA itll be a miracle. Ive not seen a worse ranking of a team in my 28 years of following GA HSFB.

Well-adjusted my ass.

4 hours ago, Omaha Vol said:

I still think ELCA was a top 10-15 team in GA last year. 

I dont disagree. They are a quick & physical looking team for 1A.

If they dont meet in earlier rounds, Im betting the 1A Private Finals are the exact same 2 teams as this past season. While ELCA brings back 5 on D and 5 on O ... Athens Academy, the team ELCA beat 41-3 in the finals, brings back 9 on D and 9 on O. Quite a few of those starters were Sophomores.

Didnt know this til the other day. But Athens Academys' HC, was Archers OC in 2014... The year Archer played Colquitt in the 2014 State Title game. That Archer team was really good. Their offense hasnt been nearly as good since then.

10 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

To bring back how ... Insanely wrong and off base... I thought Rufus ranking Brookwood in the preseason Top 5 a few weeks back was...

He said they have a Program"... Which I proved false, by showing their record/playoff results/rankings over the past 7 years where theyve not once been ranked in the Top 5. 

BUT to add to it, they bring back 1 single starter on Defense. And 1 single starter on offense... And the 1 starter on offense is their Center.

If Brookwood is Top 25 in GA itll be a miracle. Ive not seen a worse ranking of a team in my 28 years of following GA HSFB.

Well-adjusted my ass.

You haven't "proved" anything hotshot.  You're nothing but a guru in your own mind.  

Rufus>>

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, 94Packer said:

Colquitt County Packer Rashard Revels has verbally comitted to UAB. He does have power 5 offers but I would imagine his decision was in part due to the depth chart and the ability to play early. Its a great school though none the less, Congrats!

hemi rev.png

Proud for Rashard.  I think he'll do well.

Rufus>>

On 6/7/2018 at 8:36 AM, Rufus69 said:

You haven't "proved" anything hotshot.  You're nothing but a guru in your own mind.  

Rufus>>

What you are failing to realize, is it doesnt take a "guru" or anything close to it to realize Brookwood probably wont be Top 25, much less Top 5 in GA this upcoming season....

In what universe does losing 20 of 22 starters and many still unknown starters at multiple positions equal Preseason Top 5? Especially when there are teams like North Gwinnett, Marietta, Grayson, Colquitt, Walton, Archer, McEachern, Blessed Trinity, Buford, Rome, and more...  That bring back quite a few starters and look strong for this upcoming season... Many of those actually DO have good programs...

Last season Brookwood had hype, for good reason... They brought back a lot of talent from a decent team the season prior... This season, they lost every starter but their Center on O, and 1 CB on D... 

Their schedule doesnt look too bad... But they open with North Gwinnett..

You had Brookwood #4 and North Gwinnett #5 in your rankings... Care to make a wager? Ill even spot you 6.5 points. 

Looking at your rankings, I cant tell if you were serious or joking the way you do.... Tucker, Lee Co., Lowndes, Warner Robins all ahead of Walton, Archer, Rome, & Colquitt... Brookwood at 4 still stands out as the biggest WTF though.

Tucker at #9 is almost as bad though. They werent even #9 in 2017 and they lost a shitload.

Class of 2022 Thomasville QB Chad Mascoe  put on an impressive show for Taggart and company at Florida State today. The buzz is already building about this kid as one to watch in the near future. He has already picked up an offer from Southern Miss with more to come

220A2256-EB03-4D8D-9AF6-61954A72A177.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 94Packer said:

Class of 2022 Thomasville QB Chad Mascoe  put on an impressive show for Taggart and company at Florida State today. The buzz is already building about this kid as one to watch in the near future. He has already picked up an offer from Southern Miss with more to come

220A2256-EB03-4D8D-9AF6-61954A72A177.jpeg

A friend from T-Ville was telling me about this kid before all of this happened. 

The friend also said that they have been looking for better career opportunities and futures for Chad and he would be surprised if he stayed in T-Ville. Speaking off the cuff of course.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

A friend from T-Ville was telling me about this kid before all of this happened. 

The friend also said that they have been looking for better career opportunities and futures for Chad and he would be surprised if he stayed in T-Ville. Speaking off the cuff of course.

I know somewhere within driving distance just up 319 with some pretty fancy digs that are in need of a QB to captain a slew of talented young men for the next few years. 😉

• Like 2

On 6/8/2018 at 2:54 PM, 94Packer said:

Colquitt County Packer Rashard Revels has verbally comitted to UAB. He does have power 5 offers but I would imagine his decision was in part due to the depth chart and the ability to play early. Its a great school though none the less, Congrats!

I'm truly happy for the kid but it seems as though Grayson players were catching crap because immediate playing time factored into their decisions not to play at UGA.